The Da Vinci Code

Well with the movie coming out I wanted to gauge peoples thoughts on the book. This book alone has caused quite a stir in all communities of the US and so I wanted to see what questions people had, what comments they had and so forth...I want to hold back on my comments for now to allow others to add comments in without bias...

The book read like a screenplay. This movie (starring Tom Hanks) will make trillions. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I thought the book was horribly written. Certainly a page-turner though. And it seems like the whole big thing they're searching after is a little far-fetched. Do people believe that Jesus may have had a bloodline, or is it just a conspiracy theory?

The book read like a screenplay. This movie (starring Tom Hanks) will make trillions. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I thought the book was horribly written. Certainly a page-turner though. And it seems like the whole big thing they're searching after is a little far-fetched. Do people believe that Jesus may have had a bloodline, or is it just a conspiracy theory?
I felt the same (enjoyable, but not likely) but most people around me read the book like it's the new source for truth (i.e. my mom). Has anyone seen the interview's with the author about his book? He pushes all the info in there as fact when obviously most is speculation.
the book definitely read like a screenplay. a fun book to read, but i think you're mistaken if you give it any serious thought. probably the religious aspect of it will get overblown, since it really had nothing to do with religion - just threw together a few real and fake facts and made questionable connections for a fun story.definitely worth a read, and i think well-written for what it was, but i don't think it should be thought about seriously.

Just to give you guys something more to think about...intially Dan Brown was asked if there was anything that would have to be changed if he made it into a nonfiction book...His answer is that he wouldnt have to change anything

Just to give you guys something more to think about...intially Dan Brown was asked if there was anything that would have to be changed if he made it into a nonfiction book...His answer is that he wouldnt have to change anything
This is absurd, he would have to change all of the characters names and their exploits since none of it ever really happened.
I have to hope that Brown is saying that stuff for sales and publicity, since i'd guess as good a writer as he is, he is too smart to not know how ridiculous that is.to make it nonfictional, he'd have to change a helluva lot, or he is extremely delusional.
This is absurd, he would have to change all of the characters names and their exploits since none of it ever really happened.
I meant the "facts" that he says exist...not the actual characters
I have to hope that Brown is saying that stuff for sales and publicity, since i'd guess as good a writer as he is, he is too smart to not know how ridiculous that is.to make it nonfictional, he'd have to change a helluva lot, or he is extremely delusional.
Again he would have been commenting on the religious "facts" as he presents the story..not the actual characters...along the lines that the blood line, and biblical issues were true
Again he would have been commenting on the religious "facts" as he presents the story..not the actual characters...along the lines that the blood line, and biblical issues were true
i assumed thats what he meant, but i maintain that would be absurd. if he believes that, he is delusional.
i assumed thats what he meant, but i maintain that would be absurd. if he believes that, he is delusional.
Initially he did think that...after doing the research he deemed all the church history in the book to be correct.
Initially he did think that...after doing the research he deemed all the church history in the book to be correct.
well if he believes that the research of one author is more pertinent than research done by thousands/millions of people and professional historians...meh, i know you're just posting facts, but this guy is eithera) doing it for the publicityB) completely delusionalthere are some facts in there, but i don't think there is even a point in arguing whether or not it is even largely accurate, nevermind an accurate history.
well if he believes that the research of one author is more pertinent than research done by thousands/millions of people and professional historians...meh, i know you're just posting facts, but this guy is eithera) doing it for the publicityB) completely delusionalthere are some facts in there, but i don't think there is even a point in arguing whether or not it is even largely accurate, nevermind an accurate history.
and thats what i hoped to bring out..b/c so many treat the history given in the book as actual facts and the gospels that are mentioned as "secretive" and That is just not correct and i dont want people going in thinkin that about the books

DaVinci Code was a rip off of a book called Holy Blood Holy Grail written quite a while before.I read it 5-6 years ago, so I didn't read DaVinci Code, the logic is very flawed and based more on if this then we can see how this could also be true, which makes this true, and that leads us to this revelation that will crumble the foundations of the church.The movie will not do as well as King Kong, which was boring

DaVinci Code was a rip off of a book called Holy Blood Holy Grail written quite a while before.I read it 5-6 years ago, so I didn't read DaVinci Code, the logic is very flawed and based more on if this then we can see how this could also be true, which makes this true, and that leads us to this revelation that will crumble the foundations of the church.The movie will not do as well as King Kong, which was boring
i don't get why people are always trying to say this book is a rip-off of something or the other. this concept of book has been around for hundreds of years and done hundreds of times.i don't think "chasing the holy grail" is even passed off as an original idea anymore. well, except by Brown, but he probably knows thats full of crap anyways.i do have an original idea for my book though. i'm going to have a man and a woman meet and develop a relationship. there will be conflict. this conflict will be resolved, and we will learn about ourselves in the process.can someone find that family guy clip?
i don't get why people are always trying to say this book is a rip-off of something or the other. this concept of book has been around for hundreds of years and done hundreds of times.i don't think "chasing the holy grail" is even passed off as an original idea anymore. well, except by Brown, but he probably knows thats full of crap anyways.i do have an original idea for my book though. i'm going to have a man and a woman meet and develop a relationship. there will be conflict. this conflict will be resolved, and we will learn about ourselves in the process.can someone find that family guy clip?
I don't think the original idea is "chasing the grail", the original idea is the "The grail isn't nessecarily a cup and Jesus may actually have been married to Mary".