Hi all. Came across this hand at a home game that I'll never go back to (didn't care for the people or their poker game). Thought it was interesting though - They gave us 100 in chips, with blinds at 1 and 2, NL hold em (I know, like I said, lame game I'll never go back to). There were 7 at this table, very FIRST HAND dealt. I'm on the big blind with A :club: -J :D . UTG-villain made a min-raise to 4. There were 2 callers, so I defend as well.4 to the flop, $17 in the pot. Flop comes 9 :D -7 :) -2 :D .I lead bet $8. Villain raised to $25. Folds around to me...my options? I'll let you know what happened after a few responses. Just curious, what do you all put this player on? My initial thought was 10's...

Call the reraise and pray for a heart to check raise all in on the turn...Id put him on an overpair or possibly a small set based on the min raise preflop? I think youre hand is to big to fold for 17 more here tho...at least see a turn card for that price then reassess

So here's where I really donked it!I pushed back at him all-in, hoping he would would think his overpair got outflopped. But his overpair turned out to be Kings. The guy actually turned over his cards without saying anything, leading me to believe he was folding, but then one of his friends said, that's actually a call. This of course pisses me off, but I'm a guest at an, obviously, amatuer home game. So I let it slide.I catch nothing, so I'm left to rebuy after hand 1. I played much smarter and ended up winning my money back later...but thanks for the tips on the hand.Actually, quick question - I had the flush draw (9 outs) plus the aces (3 outs). With 12 outs, doesn't that make it close to a 50% chance?

From my experience, a min raise from early position followed by a bet or raise is usually QQ or better, on that type of flop. I would probably either fold, or call and decide on the turn.Being a rebuy, if you felt you J was an overcard and you had a little gamble, then I could see pushing, although I would probably still lean toward calling.

Hi all. Came across this hand at a home game that I'll never go back to (didn't care for the people or their poker game). Thought it was interesting though - They gave us 100 in chips, with blinds at 1 and 2, NL hold em (I know, like I said, lame game I'll never go back to). There were 7 at this table, very FIRST HAND dealt. I'm on the big blind with A :club: -J :D . UTG-villain made a min-raise to 4. There were 2 callers, so I defend as well.4 to the flop, $17 in the pot. Flop comes 9 :D -7 :) -2 :D .I lead bet $8. Villain raised to $25. Folds around to me...my options? I'll let you know what happened after a few responses. Just curious, what do you all put this player on? My initial thought was 10's...
I dont like this read IMOhonestly I thik you have him on an overpair, but you just decided to pick the one overpair in which both your cards are live
So here's where I really donked it!I pushed back at him all-in, hoping he would would think his overpair got outflopped. But his overpair turned out to be Kings. The guy actually turned over his cards without saying anything, leading me to believe he was folding, but then one of his friends said, that's actually a call. This of course pisses me off, but I'm a guest at an, obviously, amatuer home game. So I let it slide.I catch nothing, so I'm left to rebuy after hand 1. I played much smarter and ended up winning my money back later...but thanks for the tips on the hand.Actually, quick question - I had the flush draw (9 outs) plus the aces (3 outs). With 12 outs, doesn't that make it close to a 50% chance?
if he dumb enough to min-raise UTG do you think he really would EVER fold KK here?

Check to him on the flop. See what price he gives you. Flush draws out of position are tough since a check-call screams weakness and if the third heart falls your action is liable to dry up.I don't think your play was bad per se if you are comfortable losing a buy in. I say this because if you put him on TT-KK you are 47-52% vs that range. Myself, I'd check and assess his range more accurately when he bets the flop. Maybe he is cutesy with his big pair and offers you a good price. Maybe he goes nuclear like some rocks do and it's an easy laydown. This is a classic example of why position is so important in NL.

Check to him on the flop. See what price he gives you. Flush draws out of position are tough since a check-call screams weakness and if the third heart falls your action is liable to dry up.I don't think your play was bad per se if you are comfortable losing a buy in. I say this because if you put him on TT-KK you are 47-52% vs that range. Myself, I'd check and assess his range more accurately when he bets the flop. Maybe he is cutesy with his big pair and offers you a good price. Maybe he goes nuclear like some rocks do and it's an easy laydown. This is a classic example of why position is so important in NL.
First of all, are you really Andy Beal? Anyways, I agree that checking the flop is better than betting it out against multiple opponents. That way you can see the turn for cheaper, if you hit, great, if not, you still have a lot of chips left. Your push isn't that bad because it's almost 50 50 against KK. You got to rebuy so chalk it up to advertisement. Next time you push with the nuts and get paid off.The min raise by UTG was stupid. The only good explanation is that he's hoping for somone to go over the top.