Tim Horton's Ipo

At risk of flaming...Tim Horton's coffee isn't exactly world class but it is definitely better than Dunkin Donuts and way better than Krispy Kreme. The donuts are also better than most donuts going except the place that used to be at Lexington and 86th St. in New York.Tim Horton's is insanely popular in Canada. I say insanely because I honestly cannot figure out why. But people get together at "Timmies", go every morning -- there are usually lineups of people and cars that seem ridiculous except you won't admit that because you are standing in said line.So for this Canadian working in New York, I haven't found a place yet in the US that compares.Having said that, it's like saying red is "better" than blue. It's all an opinion.

At risk of flaming...Tim Horton's coffee isn't exactly world class but it is definitely better than Dunkin Donuts and way better than Krispy Kreme. The donuts are also better than most donuts going except the place that used to be at Lexington and 86th St. in New York.Tim Horton's is insanely popular in Canada. I say insanely because I honestly cannot figure out why. But people get together at "Timmies", go every morning -- there are usually lineups of people and cars that seem ridiculous except you won't admit that because you are standing in said line.So for this Canadian working in New York, I haven't found a place yet in the US that compares.Having said that, it's like saying red is "better" than blue. It's all an opinion.
You guys should all do some research before branding Tim's as a gold mine.Ontario and Quebec are home of the majority of tim horton locations.I believe the two provinces are responsible for almost half of canada franchises.The US tim hortons are primarily in the north eastern states, directly under ontario (michigan etc...)I'd be weery on investing

I'd be more than happy to get in at the initial price that is set at--then happily sell it at the end of the day for a modest 30-70% one-day profit. I'd like to know who you need to know (blow) to get in at the ground floor.

the only place I've ever heard of Tim Hortons is on this forum
Ever seen Wayne's World? Mikitas donuts? Tim Hortons was the inspiration, a former hockey player started up (or allowed a startup to be named after him, not sure) a Coffee and Donuts place and it spawned into the Tim Hortons juggernaut that exists today.
Ever seen Wayne's World? Mikitas donuts? Tim Hortons was the inspiration, a former hockey player started up (or allowed a startup to be named after him, not sure) a Coffee and Donuts place and it spawned into the Tim Hortons juggernaut that exists today.
The fact that Mike Meyers is Canadian may have played into it as well.