Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

the only skill that might be transferable is being able to coach or run a team. but right now that is mostly just a fun money hole for people that got rich elsewhere.

you nailed it. the whole thing depends on people wanting to watch these games. that is so far from certain. at least with poker, you can always go crush idiots in Vegas for a living. or whatever.

the owner of my team kind of sees me as the potential face of it because I'm articulate, well-mannered, have common sense, don't look like a piece of trash, etc. another member is black, which is a huge positive for our visibility.

70k is Monopoly money to me.

I don't think I'm gonna take that job if they offer it. Lot of reasons, but I just don't think it's right for me is the blanket coverage.

I should have gotten into video games like Strat. Is it too late for me? Probably too late. Oh well.

I did the math wrong on those gamer salaries. it's $5k/mo. so they make more than most of us. but again, that's kind of a slap in the face for being the absolute best at a game with a significant viewership.

It's not a slap in the face. It's what the market has shown the best are perfectly happy to accept. And rightfully so, as I'm assuming we're not talking about billions of marketing dollars being spent on (or whatever they are) the viewership for other people playing video games. I have a gut feeling it's not a coveted demographic.

Not really a marketable skill. Cant monetize it, can you?

Well sure you can. Video takes X dollars to make and Y dollars are paid by advertisers. Participants in the video are worth Z, after the producers/team owners/whatever the hell is going on takes their cut.

the owner of my team kind of sees me as the potential face of it because I'm articulate, well-mannered, have common sense, don't look like a piece of trash, etc. another member is black, which is a huge positive for our visibility.

I still don't understand what it is we're talking about. You guys play video games and post them on the internet, including the conversations you're having while you play? Or you play against other teams or something in tournaments? Is there a league involved?

I'm saying, if you are going to put in the effort to become top tier at something, would you really choose a video game, where your absolute best case scenario is $60k, and second tier is like $20k? I'm like 3rd tier and probably will never see a dime. it's such a stupid thing to aspire to. you can be above average at some things in finance, and that makes you upper middle class. I wasn't disputing that salaries should be low, not at all.

I forget what else was said and I'm on my phone. so. here comes another post.

yeah I didn't want to say it but figured rm would replace suited there. but then there's whiskers, ocho, jubi, beans, speedz (near future speedz anyways), and I feel like I'm missing some here. I don't know, I just want to emphasize that I'm poor.

speaking of which, if one had a house and some land and wanted to get a general idea of how much one could get for said house and land, who would one contact? a real estate agent or an appraiser?

This is on point from what I've heard from the local news. They interviewed a friend of the guy who's truck was carjacked. Apparently Dorner (allegedly) put a gun in his face, told him he didn't want to harm him and to GTFO. He and the dog did and were unharmed.

34 or 36 (depends on the type of pants)/32 for me. I can't wear flat front pants. Just have never looked right. Even before the slight beer belly that showed up overnight one day.

I don't know what Crypto is but I now know I don't want any part of it.

Women bosses are the worst.

edit; along with state of the union addresses. By any President.

I kind of want you to admit you were wrong about the whole bank debate.

I did the math wrong on those gamer salaries. it's $5k/mo. so they make more than most of us. but again, that's kind of a slap in the face for being the absolute best at a game with a significant viewership.

Where do you go from there? Is a gamer's career similar to an athlete's career in its longevity? I don't imagine there are a lot of 50 year old gamers.

uh, beating napa, me, you, and suited for sure. that's gotta be most of our posting volume.

yeah I didn't want to say it but figured rm would replace suited there. but then there's whiskers, ocho, jubi, beans, speedz (near future speedz anyways), and I feel like I'm missing some here.

Tilt, flu...

Yeah, but all the Slim Jims you can eat.

So like two-a-week.

Oh, and loogie.

Where do those three fall on the $70k over/under?