I Called In Sick Today

I'm wearing purple and white striped socks. They don't match with anything I'm wearing (blue jeans, copper/brown/red sweater with the elbow/shoulder patches). So it's a good thing you can't see them under my boots/jeans.

I had to shave my scraggly novemeber beard today because I might get pulled into a meeting with the seniorest of senior management and I want to look respectable. I also got to work at 6 to make some last minute revisions to a report that may or may not be presented at said meeting. I might not do a got-damn thing the rest of the day.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I don't know napa, I just may be available. You'll have to get me that itinerary. That is prime reffing season, though.

Doing three indoor games tonight from 8-11, and another three Sunday evening. My wife is working Thursday nights, which is the best night to do games, with the recreational coed ($35/hour, with mostly shitty old people playing). Now I'll be stuck with the competitive coed on Wednesdays after working 10 hours(same pay for people taking it much too seriously, and generally making the hour or two miserable for me) and a weekend night or two. I do need the exercise. Feeling pretty old sometimes.

We'll connect when the time gets closer. The Blue Jays are in town that weekend. Might be cool to catch a game at ole' Fenway. Not that I mean with you. I mean, I'm sure that'd be cool, too. I just mean in general it might be a fun thing to do. If I can fit it in with my "Good Will Hunting" self guided location tour.

You're really in touch with your feelings. Have you always been like this, or is it because of all the children?

I've always been awesome; if that's the question.

• Like 2

I feel Napa could be intimidated into not calling a foul on the black guy in Iowa that plays in his league

Nap, you should hang with Thera. I really enjoyed hanging around Thera and his family at Disney when they were here. Very generous. He bought a few beers and showed me his wife's boobs. Surprisingly big for a tiny girl

• Like 1

I would call zero fouls if I was a ref. Mainly because I don't completely know what all the fouls are.

You actually met up with Thera? I didn't think he was the kind to do that. I'm totally down to grab a beer if it works out. Also, can I stay at your place, Thera?

Our bball league sent out an email asking for refs. $25/game. Which doesn't sound like a lot but you figure 3 games a night, 45 minutes each...not a bad hourly, really.

You should definitely hit Fenway up if you have time. It's a good touristy place.

As for reffing, it really comes down to how much shit you'll have to deal with, as to whether or not it's worth it. I love soccer, and getting paid to watch it is usually pretty good, but there's a couple dozen times a year that I really question why the hell I still do it. If it's a pretty non-contentious league with minimal bitching and complaining, then it's a good time. If people take it too seriously (there's at least one on every team!) and they get off yelling and screaming and almost-fighting others, then there's no way $25 an hour is worth it. Has-been athletes can be the god damn worst.

You cannot stay with me, mostly because I don't have any space. 'Tis a small house. I haven't met up with anyone here, although Mister B is the only one that tried, and, well, that wasn't going to happen. A baseball game and some beers are in my....ballpark.

• Like 1

I was just offered an interview and inside track for an accounting manager job here in town for a credit union. Pay is $60-75k. I would obviously need the upper limit to leave my job. I think I'm going to pass though.

Well done, naps You don't need the stress that would come with a huge pay raise.

• Like 1

I would love to get a bespoke suit. I'm just not enough of a Winner to get one for my fat self.

I am many times fatter than the fattest person here, yet I have bespoke suits.

They're kind of required in life. The only pain in the ass is all the taking in and letting out as my weight fluctuates. Good thing I have a mean Serbian tailor who looks at me with disgust the instant I walk through the door.

You can get them in SE Asia for way cheap, relative to what the same thing would cost if a white guy was doing it. Little precise measurements and handwork is the kind of thing that Orientals do well, so its an acceptable alternative to paying the full monty for an Italian to do it.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure my guy is some kind of Turk. I say that because he is an ambiguous brown guy, and "Turk" seems like a good ethnicity for him. I'd ask him, but knowing about his life would add dimension to our optimal relationship of colonial Winner and subservient craftsman.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure my guy is some kind of Turk. I say that because he is an ambiguous brown guy, and "Turk" seems like a good ethnicity for him. I'd ask him, but knowing about his life would add dimension to our optimal relationship of colonial Winner and subservient craftsman.

If he's actually making the suits, you must know his ethnic background if for no reason other than certain races aren't suited to suitmaking and you don't have the time to sit there and manage his every stitch.

The optimal genetic balance between cold-weather precision and warm-weather creativity seems to be in white Mediterranean persons, with Orientals being an OK cut rate choice. You need a tailor with the capacity for totally flawless execution, but able to comprehend stylistic elements that come from the DNA of rhythm-oriented peoples. A really, really white Turk might be OK but anything lower than Portuguese looking, you're off the rails for suits.

• Like 3

Now you're cooking with gas.

I've found a less invasive method is to pretend like I'm adding something up and ask them to answer a simple calculation for me.

"Hey, I suck at math. What is 28 X 3?"

A man capable of making a proper suit can answer that within 2 seconds. Anything less, you may as well have your suit sewn up with twine strung through a cobra fang by a 9 year old in Bombay.

• Like 1