I Called In Sick Today

dogfish head is overpriced everywhere. They do a lot of crazy shit, but most of it just doesn't taste that great. I do like collaborations though.

I haven't had the Sawtooth in years. Stranger and Good Juju are pretty terrible, but I do like most of their other stuff. The Fade to Black series is very good. One is a peppery porter that I liked a lot.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Spent just about 8 hours walking around Disneyland. It's the first time we've gone on a weekend day and it was obviously pretty busy. Especially since there were several groups of teens on spring break. It was quite warm but still a bunch of fun. My youngest daughter is just like her mom though and doesn't like riding anything that looks like it might be roller coaster-ish. Oldest daughter and I left her a couple of times to ride those but mostly stuck to what we all could ride and/or what didn't have too long of a wait.

I thought DisneyWorld was awful, and I'll never go back unless forced. I've never been to Disneyland though, so it might be better. I can't imagine going, but not riding any coaster. That would be like going to a beach, but just not anywhere near an ocean or other body of water.

Got a re-up of beef when I went home this week. The ultimate first world problem that I don't have room for all these grassfed organic beef steaks (t-bone, ribeye, sirloin, minute), roast (rump), and ground beef (eight pounds) as well as a package of lamb patties. At least now that it's starting to get decent out I can grill now.

hey beans, on the off chance you read this: I've been looking at getting this semi-custom knife for a while and apparently the guy that makes it is out of bentonville. name is dan koster, makes koster knives. you ever heard of him?

Ive heard of him but cant say anything of his products....

Two guys I do know of are Jerry Fisk and Keith Murr

Jerry makes top shelf "display" stuff as I call it. Hand forms his own recipes of damascus metals that holds an edge like no other. Only problem is they are just to purdy for me to use....

I staggered across Murr about fifteen years ago at a craft fair the wife dragged me to. I was sitting in the truck drinking crown and coloring books with the kid when I noticed a large banner with custom knives in the distance. Needing to piss anyway, I led the youngin over to it for a look-see

"Whatcha got around here for a kids first skinnin knife?"

"Well..... (looks at display case)..... this right here"

(Hands Beans a laminated wood handled knife with a satin black blade about four and a half inches long in a leather sheath)

"Will it hold an edge?"

"He'll be able to shave with it when the time comes"

(hands blade over to kid)

"You like it?"

"OH YEAH!"

(starts making stabbing motions toward imaginary foes)

"Whats todays bottom dollar for that trip to the emergency room?"

"Oh..... Id probably part with it for a hundred"

(Beans peels off a ben and hands it over)

After the hour long tantrum from the wife and her sister about buying the kid a razor sharp instrument, I stashed it away in the safe and forgot about it for several years. Around the time he was fourteen or so and started hunting I ran across it again and gave it back. Its been used almost constantly since then. Just like the guy said.... skin a deer, cut through the rib cage, wash it off and can still shave with it. I think the blade is parkerized since the coating is still intact like day one. Cant speak higher of its quality...even the leather sheath is like a good holster. Gets softer but wears like iron wheels

As far as a carry knife, I always have either a kershaw leek or a gerber covert auto in the ole camo shorts. I like the auto better since the "assist" spring in the kershaw gets weak and has to be replaced every six months or so. I call them once in a while and they send a half dozen or so spares for free....

The DM I was training the last 3 days is from Arkansas. Big ole' farm grown boy. Bordered on inappropriateness multiple times a day.

I cant imagine that at all....

In other news, things have been uncommonly calm these days. Spent the last week cleaning out the shop and organizing stuff. Bought a truckload of scrap billet aluminum for upcoming projects. Traded for a seventy one camaro and drove around the tri state area gathering parts for it. Got a six liter engine and a complete Ofour vette front and rear suspension with a six speed transaxle to stuff under it. Currently doing some serious math trying to stuff the four O five wide tires at each corner by using custom wheel offsets and molding in flairs without ruining the factory geometry. Project steamroller is the code name

Hope all are well and stuff and things...

• Like 1

I thought DisneyWorld was awful, and I'll never go back unless forced. I've never been to Disneyland though, so it might be better. I can't imagine going, but not riding any coaster. That would be like going to a beach, but just not anywhere near an ocean or other body of water.

I agree to a point but there is a lot to do and see, especially since we can go back and forth from Disneyland to California Adventure whenever we want, without riding roller coasters. Some trips are about my oldest and I going off and riding the big rides while my wife and youngest do their thing. This trip I didn't want to leave my youngest by herself so we mostly did stiff that the 3 off us would enjoy.

It's not all about me when I take my kids to Disneyland.

Who hasn't?

I agree to a point but there is a lot to do and see, especially since we can go back and forth from Disneyland to California Adventure whenever we want, without riding roller coasters. Some trips are about my oldest and I going off and riding the big rides while my wife and youngest do their thing. This trip I didn't want to leave my youngest by herself so we mostly did stiff that the 3 off us would enjoy.

It's not all about me when I take my kids to Disneyland.

Isn't your youngest in her 20's? It's puzzling, for sure. But definitely more of a female thing. I have a girl friend that is 32 and still loves Disney. Disney is mostly awful. Epcot isn't bad. As well as MGM, or whatever it's called now.

This isn't not true.

Wait until you get the meat shits.

Isn't your youngest in her 20's? It's puzzling, for sure. But definitely more of a female thing. I have a girl friend that is 32 and still loves Disney. Disney is mostly awful. Epcot isn't bad. As well as MGM, or whatever it's called now.

She just turned 20. It is puzzling but it is what it is.

Wife had to work so we went without her. Still hasn't forgiven us. We have annual passes and can go anytime for crying out loud.