I Called In Sick Today

I am not good at cold approaching women, just for clarity. I rarely walk up to a stranger and chit chat or hit on a girl. Certainly not sober

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Noooooooo, you're on fire today. Stay.

Vb, that was a good story. Hell, I didnt even throw in the braided dog. I feel like i have a great, awful, memory. Maybe you can explain that. I can remember tiny details about stuff, what people were wearing during an incident 10 years ago but can remember the name of someone that comes to the bank twice a week. Weird.

Not to mention that i barely have any vivid memories from high school, besides super close friends.

Well that's pretty easy, it was the al-

And I was competely sober

Hmmm. The mystery deepens.

I am so sick of FCP not working with Firefox. Something is wrong with my javascript or something, because I can't edit my posts and nothing works right in Firefox. Damn you, vb.

<bow>

He already did that. It changed nothing.

wait a minute, just how long has this been going on??

I have a good friend who is a Dr., and he went on this rant one day about about people with out degrees and how they are stupid wastes of space, etc.

I know, right? <high five EG's friend>

I am not good at cold approaching women, just for clarity. I rarely walk up to a stranger and chit chat or hit on a girl. Certainly not sober

Not sure if I'm just a really sociable person or it's coupled with being in retail and dealing with the public most of my life but I'll pretty much approach anyone and constantly make odd comments trying to bring the funny. The wife always cringes and runs for the door but she's constantly amazed at how receptive people are, crack jokes back, or will simply banter. Hey, it doesn't always fly but at least I give the effort.

Within reason I would always hit on chicks out of my league as well. My theory was that most guys assumed the same. Hey, it rarely works but was worth it when it did. The first rule is "assume the sale". I had a friend once say he'd give his left nut for my leftovers. That's what frustrates me about the guys on here. They are all good looking smart dudes with way more going for them than I ever had and there are tons of chicks that would love to meet them, bang them and well, try to marry them etc..

Jesus Christ. Make sure you put your skirt on before delivering this message Essay so that it comes across more genuine. This reminds me that if I am away from here too long I start to feel guilty because I know you guys are sitting around giving each other shitty advice and it's my responsibility to clear things like this up.

You just totally made him the woman in the relationship Guapo. You cannot tell her what you "deserve" or demand more from her. There's only one move with a girl who is stringing you along and not putting out. Stop talking to her. That's it. Pretty simple.

If she wants to keep manipulating you she may at that point up the ante and give you a little more to try and save things. At that point you can decide if its worth being manipulated further or not.

I've been thinking about this, the depression and all the other stuff on here and I think people make stuff more complicated than what it is. And of course, this will probably seem complicated, but..

Beliefs are one thing and can be changed however difficult that may be (damn Republicans!) , but they are nothing without desire, which can't be changed but at least can be guided. Beliefs + desire are the only reason for (intentional) action that exists. We can use normal social forces to influence desire, reward (praise) or condemnation (punishment).

Let's' say, oh I don't know, something like I have (girl) friend that I've been hanging out with for a year and she won't have sex. Or, more clearly, she doesn't have the "desire" to have sex.* You can't reason with that desire, you can only attempt what I said above. Praise or condemnation. It works to influence her or it doesn't. To be honest I've never had much luck with a chick that doesn't have the desire in the first place.

* There could obviously be other reasons why she doesn't want to have sex that we are unware. Period. Belief (like in staying a virgin until marraige) . Embarrassment( about how they look nekkid). Physical abnormality. Etc.. The mest you can do here is try to be honest and ask.

I am most certainly not good looking.

Before I respond, what floor are you on again?

Rando, I watched Rush on HBO performing on the Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Geddy Lee does a lot of voice histrionics and Neil Pert seems unhappy behind the kit. They sounded decent though

Sometimes I look in the mirror and think I'm looking pretty good, but then a baby will cry when it sees me and I know otherwise.

Really though, some days I like my face, but most days I could do without it.

I'm NickCave. I was trying out a new strategy.

The strategy being assuming Wang's identity and writing style?

Edit: That came off weird...I'm actually asking, not being sarcastic.

That's what frustrates me about the guys on here. They are all good looking smart dudes

Everyone's a good looking smart dude on the internet though.

The mest you can do here is try to be honest and ask.

This actually works as a combination of most and best.

The strategy being assuming Wang's identity and writing style?

Edit: That came off weird...I'm actually asking, not being sarcastic.

I was mostly referring to bringing in a new identity before phasing out the old one.

morlock

I don't know why this made me laugh, but it did.

I've been thinking about this, the depression and all the other stuff on here and I think people make stuff more complicated than what it is. And of course, this will probably seem complicated, but..

Beliefs are one thing and can be changed however difficult that may be (damn Republicans!) , but they are nothing without desire, which can't be changed but at least can be guided. Beliefs + desire are the only reason for (intentional) action that exists. We can use normal social forces to influence desire, reward (praise) or condemnation (punishment).

Let's' say, oh I don't know, something like I have (girl) friend that I've been hanging out with for a year and she won't have sex. Or, more clearly, she doesn't have the "desire" to have sex.* You can't reason with that desire, you can only attempt what I said above. Praise or condemnation. It works to influence her or it doesn't. To be honest I've never had much luck with a chick that doesn't have the desire in the first place.

* There could obviously be other reasons why she doesn't want to have sex that we are unware. Period. Belief (like in staying a virgin until marraige) . Embarrassment( about how they look nekkid). Physical abnormality. Etc.. The mest you can do here is try to be honest and ask.

Exactly!

What does that even mean?

It means, from the one or two pics of you, you're pretty normal looking, except for that sloppy beard, and calling yourself horribly ugly is an affront to all ugly people everywhere.

So take that, normal dude

Exactly!

Somehow, I don't believe you. Although, if Rando keeps it up, I fear you're going to make a call and have him committed, and then perform a study, maybe throw in some shock therapy to boot

I have no insult, my friend. But essay crying ugly is an affront

I'll take your pity. And I've been saying that forever. Shake and Essay calling themselves ugly almost makes me angry.

Man, it's like Strat is living in the guest room already.

I don't feel Strat would enjoy hanging by the pool and drink on Saturday though.