I Called In Sick Today

9 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)4 Members: gobears, Theraflu, rocketpoker828, Trustno1A blast from the past
I still try to lurk/stalk once in awhile. Where is Timdog?Ok bye now.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

No, the best jokes are those who think they need to explain themselves in detail.ZING!
Excuse me, buddy, but I don't thing "jokes" can "explain themselves." Do you? What were your board scores like??ZING!!No, the best jokes are unnecessary and profoundly dorky criticisms of internet message board grammar. Wang

Well, I'm back from my exam with high hopes. I picked the right form with basically everything I prepared for, so that's a good way to end the year. Drinking tonight possibly, then going home tomorrow.

Interesting article on the CEO of American Apparel (sweatshop free made) - his company is actually listed on the stock market now.Is Dov-Y too LoveyI especially liked these comments:What the Press Center neglects to mention is that Dov Charney, the publicist-less, 36 year-old Jewish Montrealer and hyper-sexual founder and C.E.O. linchpin, is being sued for sexual harassment by three former employees. But is Charney, whose business practices are becoming a model for successful and socially sustainable retailing, a perv or a pro?It's not unusual that the plaintiffs in a sexual harassment suit are women. It is unusual however, that the ones suing Charney are not alleging that he coerced them for sex, but rather that he created a "wholly intolerable" and "intimidating" atmosphere rife with unnecessary libidinous testosterone. Lawsuit? No biggie, right? Not exactly. It doesn't help Charney's case that his stores are papered with Penthouse and Oui magazine snapshots and that he happily admits to having sex with his employees. Nor does it help that he brags about his penchant for masturbating in front of women. So much so, that he masturbated in front of reporter Claudine Ko while she interviewed him for Jane magazine. Ko reports in Jane:"'Can I?' he says adjusting himself in his chair. And thus begins another compulsive episode of what Dov likes to call "self-pleasure," during which we casually carry on our interview, discussing things like business models, hiring practices and the stupidity of focus groups. 'Masturbation in front of women is underrated,' Dov explains to me later over the phone. 'It's much easier on the woman. She gets to watch, it's a sensual experience that doesn't involve a man violating a woman, yet once the man has his release, it's over and you can talk to the guy.' Soon enough he loosens his Pierre Cardin belt. 'Are you going to do it again?' I ask."In Ko's article, she asserts that she witnessed Charney jerk off more than eight times in one month. However, according to jewlicious.com, Ko added later "Whenever I see a picture of Dov, I can't help but smile and think fondly of him. That reporting experience was fun, engaging, stimulating and interesting. Dov Charney is a mad man and I like that." If you didn't read the Jane article, perhaps you saw Charney's exposed penis giving Butt (a radical counter-culture fag-mag) readers the full Monty in a recent issue. If you missed that, perhaps you caught the bare-bottomed ad of him in Vice wearing nothing but a T-shirt that said "Legalize L.A." Or maybe you read Mireya Navarro's thoughtful New York Times account in a lengthy July 10, 2005 article: "[One of the Plaintiffs] said [Charney] once called her into his office with a co-worker and gave them both vibrators, saying, 'It's great during sex.'" Indeed, stunts like this, whether obnoxious or liberated, reveal Charney's wild side à la Paris Hilton, and give needed exposure to the company. But they may ultimately alienate the store's consumer base by… ahem… overexposing the company.

Well, I'm back from my exam with high hopes. I picked the right form with basically everything I prepared for, so that's a good way to end the year. Getting fucking plastered tonight to celebrate the end of my first semester, and going home extremely hungover tomorrow.
Excuse me, buddy, but I don't thing "jokes" can "explain themselves." Do you? What were your board scores like??zingoramalamadingdong!ZING!!
Dammit, you got an additional exclamation point in there and are therefore automagically zingier than I.I'm in Canada, so I didn't have to take boards. I did do some sort of sample SAT in highschool; I liked my english score and don't talk about the math one.
Yes, I met her at the 'Lady' convention in September.
Please explain what you mean by this?
Dammit, you got an additional exclamation point in there and are therefore automagically zingier than I.I'm in Canada, so I didn't have to take boards. I did do some sort of sample SAT in highschool; I liked my english score and don't talk about the math one.Please explain what you mean by this?
This has been happening way too much. For some reason, my most common typo is "think"---->"thing." And I didn't know what you guys do up north for standardized tests. So I just guessed "boards." Nobody here calls the ACT/SAT "boards." Sounded vaguely british/canadian.GOLDWang
Interesting article on the CEO of American Apparel (sweatshop free made) - his company is actually listed on the stock market now.Is Dov-Y too LoveyI especially liked these comments:What the Press Center neglects to mention is that Dov Charney, the publicist-less, 36 year-old Jewish Montrealer and hyper-sexual founder and C.E.O. linchpin, is being sued for sexual harassment by three former employees. But is Charney, whose business practices are becoming a model for successful and socially sustainable retailing, a perv or a pro?It's not unusual that the plaintiffs in a sexual harassment suit are women. It is unusual however, that the ones suing Charney are not alleging that he coerced them for sex, but rather that he created a "wholly intolerable" and "intimidating" atmosphere rife with unnecessary libidinous testosterone. Lawsuit? No biggie, right? Not exactly. It doesn't help Charney's case that his stores are papered with Penthouse and Oui magazine snapshots and that he happily admits to having sex with his employees. Nor does it help that he brags about his penchant for masturbating in front of women. So much so, that he masturbated in front of reporter Claudine Ko while she interviewed him for Jane magazine. Ko reports in Jane:"'Can I?' he says adjusting himself in his chair. And thus begins another compulsive episode of what Dov likes to call "self-pleasure," during which we casually carry on our interview, discussing things like business models, hiring practices and the stupidity of focus groups. 'Masturbation in front of women is underrated,' Dov explains to me later over the phone. 'It's much easier on the woman. She gets to watch, it's a sensual experience that doesn't involve a man violating a woman, yet once the man has his release, it's over and you can talk to the guy.' Soon enough he loosens his Pierre Cardin belt. 'Are you going to do it again?' I ask."In Ko's article, she asserts that she witnessed Charney jerk off more than eight times in one month. However, according to jewlicious.com, Ko added later "Whenever I see a picture of Dov, I can't help but smile and think fondly of him. That reporting experience was fun, engaging, stimulating and interesting. Dov Charney is a mad man and I like that." If you didn't read the Jane article, perhaps you saw Charney's exposed penis giving Butt (a radical counter-culture fag-mag) readers the full Monty in a recent issue. If you missed that, perhaps you caught the bare-bottomed ad of him in Vice wearing nothing but a T-shirt that said "Legalize L.A." Or maybe you read Mireya Navarro's thoughtful New York Times account in a lengthy July 10, 2005 article: "[One of the Plaintiffs] said [Charney] once called her into his office with a co-worker and gave them both vibrators, saying, 'It's great during sex.'" Indeed, stunts like this, whether obnoxious or liberated, reveal Charney's wild side à la Paris Hilton, and give needed exposure to the company. But they may ultimately alienate the store's consumer base by… ahem… overexposing the company.
Okay, so that's strange.I'm wondering what that interview was like. I mean, did he finish? Did he make weird noises and faces when he did? In front of the reporter? Awwwwwwkward.
This has been happening way too much. For some reason, my most common typo is "think"---->"thing." And I didn't know what you guys do up north for standardized tests. So I just guessed "boards." Nobody here calls the ACT/SAT "boards." Sounded vaguely british/canadian.GOLDWang
Understandable, as the g and k are so close to each other on the geyboard.We don't have standardized tests at all, or at least didn't when I was in school. And I think they take 'levels' in the UK - O-levels, said in a John Cleese-ish circa Clockwise voice, seems to ring a bell.
Okay, so that's strange.I'm wondering what that interview was like. I mean, did he finish? Did he make weird noises and faces when he did? In front of the reporter? Awwwwwwkward.
THERE'S SOME THINGS YOU JUST DONT TALK ABOUT. JESUS!
Our repartee is exceptional. And whenever you post something, I read it as if you're the crazy old woman from the Simpsons. Mrs. Glick, is it? Wang
The crazy cat woman thing may be somewhat related to the fact that she used to be in my FCP avatar. Her name isn't Mrs Glick though. It's something like "Crazy Cat Lady".
Understandable, as the g and k are so close to each other on the geyboard.We don't have standardized tests at all, or at least didn't when I was in school. And I think they take 'levels' in the UK - O-levels, said in a John Cleese-ish circa Clockwise voice, seems to ring a bell.
No standardized tests? Then how do you decide who to be friends with, and which girls are safe to date (85th%ile+ = baaaad news)? Or who is the defacto best person in a room?Well, I've read the Harry Potter books, and I know they take OWLs, or "Ordinary Wizarding Levels."Hey, Lady Grey. Do you know JK Rowling?How about Terry Gilliam? Have you ever been to Graham Chapman's gravesite?Wang
The crazy cat woman thing may be somewhat related to the fact that she used to be in my FCP avatar. Her name isn't Mrs Glick though. It's something like "Crazy Cat Lady".
Yeah, I think Mrs. Glick is the Iodine woman, when Bart needs to make money, and she pays him with 2 quarters.
THERE'S SOME THINGS YOU JUST DONT TALK ABOUT. JESUS!
Ohhhh I see how it is. The crazy mustachioed guy can whip it out and beat it in front of a reporter but I can't discuss what that was like.Chauvenist. :oops almost put a smilie here:
No standardized tests? Then how do you decide who to be friends with, and which girls are safe to date (85th%ile+ = baaaad news)? Or who is the defacto best person in a room?
The defacto best person in the room was me, that one was easy.The friends were those who would skip school with me. They stayed friends if they didn't notice I made the honour roll anyway.None of the girls were safe to date, they all had cooties.

The reason I don't go on vacation is so I don't have 15 pages of catch-up.Though I would kill to be JeffStrat and be in Hawaii instead of freezing my balls off here in Cleveland.But I do get to watch a bunch of black guys run after a ball like they stole something, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

No standardized tests? Then how do you decide who to be friends with, and which girls are safe to date (85th%ile+ = baaaad news)? Or who is the defacto best person in a room?Well, I've read the Harry Potter books, and I know they take OWLs, or "Ordinary Wizarding Levels."Hey, Lady Grey. Do you know JK Rowling?How about Terry Gilliam? Have you ever been to Graham Chapman's gravesite?Wang
I don't know JK but the troll who plays Hermione comes from my town and I know a lot of people who have met her.As for the Pythons, I haven't met them but I would love to. Isn't Gilliam American though?
I don't know JK but the troll who plays Hermione comes from my town and I know a lot of people who have met her.As for the Pythons, I haven't met them but I would love to. Isn't Gilliam American though?
Wow, sharp. I thought there was a 100% chance that was going over everyone's head. Then again, you're fucking British; why WOULDN'T you know that?I kinda think Hermione's starting to get hot. Give her a few years and I'd let her reject me in a bar.Wang
I never did anything to anyone's food on purpose (I worked at a popular US middle class eatery for about a year) but washing the "ground" off things that were dropped before serving it was pretty standard practice. Not like I even had a choice, it was management dictation to keep things moving and not to waste food (unless something was completely destroyed and noticeably inedible). Drop it on the broiler, douse it with water, and plate it. I'm not proud, but I know it happens. I'm with you Derek, I never, ever send things back to the kitchen.
PF Changs, we know.and during my MDonalds days, if a burger patty got dropped and not many people saw, it got used. Not out of spite, but out of laziness. To quote Metallica "Sad but true"
Not all of us are fans. I only came to FCP because Ron Mexico is pretty big on the internet.
sadly, I'm pretty big in real life as well.Now 3 people can attest to that. New Years goals.Lose at least 75lbsgo to Vegas in 2007Dont drink and drive (too much)bowl a 200 gamelose 25 additional lbsmeet a girl I like and make her my g/fget a new jobI'm sure there will be others to follow.oh, you people are boring without speedz, turd, kers, tyfgine, me
Wow, sharp. I thought there was a 100% chance that was going over everyone's head. Then again, you're fucking British; why WOULDN'T you know that?
Oh was that a joke? I guess I needed it to be explained to me. Python is awesome, I saw Spamalot when I was in NY last week, thoroughly enjoyed it.