Should A Christian Date A Non-christian?

Making out can wait? If you have "urges" that are tied to you being human/being an animal, then you have them, period. Original sin. If you make out with someone with the point of getting them in bed, or are imagining you're making out with something else besides their mouth, OK. But, if you're really just kissing them, I think that's OK. "Lust" is a mental thing...and if you can control your thoughts than you can enjoy life a lot more.Smooching pwns.
exactly...and if it brings urges why do it? thats the entire point ive been making. If somethigns causing you to sin why do it?
exactly...and if it brings urges why do it? thats the entire point ive been making. If somethigns causing you to sin why do it?
I'm not sure if I follow you on this.I believe allowing yourself to be overcome by urges is different than feeling them because you're human.For instance, you may never see a particular woman in a crowd, but you smell her perfume, and your thoughts wander....Matthew does have Jesus saying that looking at another woman with lust is adultery. True. But you can't help what she wears. You can't help that she works in the same office you do...you CAN help controlling your thoughts, and not putting yourself into situations that may seriously challenge you..like going out for a drink with her.But if you kissed a girl b/c you cared about her, loved her, with no thoughts of sex or anything else...this isn't lust, it's love. It's different. I believe that we're being directed away from the meaningless stuff and toward the meaningful.
I'm not sure if I follow you on this.I believe allowing yourself to be overcome by urges is different than feeling them because you're human.For instance, you may never see a particular woman in a crowd, but you smell her perfume, and your thoughts wander....Matthew does have Jesus saying that looking at another woman with lust is adultery. True. But you can't help what she wears. You can't help that she works in the same office you do...you CAN help controlling your thoughts, and not putting yourself into situations that may seriously challenge you..like going out for a drink with her.But if you kissed a girl b/c you cared about her, loved her, with no thoughts of sex or anything else...this isn't lust, it's love. It's different. I believe that we're being directed away from the meaningless stuff and toward the meaningful.
What you say here is true buddy. What Matt was saying was that kissing can LEAD your mind to wander... and if you don't put yourself in the situation in the first place, you will be better for it. Once you get married you can have all the kissy time you want.
What you say here is true buddy. What Matt was saying was that kissing can LEAD your mind to wander... and if you don't put yourself in the situation in the first place, you will be better for it. Once you get married you can have all the kissy time you want.
true..and what isnt always well established is a christian view on sexSex inside marriage is great. Its encouraged and anybody who tells you its wrong according to the bible is wrong. Whats so hard to hard about waiting until your married?

What's wrong is that you're equating pre-marital sex to pre-marital kissing. I say it doesn't have to be that way if you have self-control. I also say that if you do have self-control, it's not an unreasonable "risk" to take. Unless she has mouth herpes.

true..and what isnt always well established is a christian view on sexSex inside marriage is great. Its encouraged and anybody who tells you its wrong according to the bible is wrong. Whats so hard to hard about waiting until your married?
I've heard several Christians argue that sex is only supposed to be used for procreation, so even sex within marriage is wrong if you're not trying to have a kid. Whats your take on this?
I've heard several Christians argue that sex is only supposed to be used for procreation, so even sex within marriage is wrong if you're not trying to have a kid. Whats your take on this?
Ive heard that too...Unfortunately its people just trying to restrict it and i really dont know why. Sex is meant to be enjoyed...but all that is asked is that you wait till your in marriage. What the bible does say is that marriage is 2 coming together to be one person. And that sex is a part of this coming together. God never condemns sex within marriage as far as i know. He gave us healthy sex drives for a reason. All he asks is that you wait till marriage
What's wrong is that you're equating pre-marital sex to pre-marital kissing. I say it doesn't have to be that way if you have self-control. I also say that if you do have self-control, it's not an unreasonable "risk" to take. Unless she has mouth herpes.
actually the bible says that anybody who looks at a women with lust has committed adultery. If you are able to kiss a girl without lusting then you are a rare person. Thats the problem i see. You believe that if you have control then you can do what you please. Unfortunately the bible says that if you lust you are sinning. If your mind doesnt wander as you think about kissing a girl then you are in a rare field.

matt, you seem to know your bible stuff - i'd be interested if you could start a thread or two perhaps on the pertinent passages regarding premarital sex, "unusual" sex inside marriage (though im not sure what that even means), or homosexual sex.to me, those would be interesting issues, so i'd be curious as to the exact wording of the pertinent bible verses.if you don't feel like it though, i understand.cheers,daniel

matt, you seem to know your bible stuff - i'd be interested if you could start a thread or two perhaps on the pertinent passages regarding premarital sex, "unusual" sex inside marriage (though im not sure what that even means), or homosexual sex.to me, those would be interesting issues, so i'd be curious as to the exact wording of the pertinent bible verses.if you don't feel like it though, i understand.cheers,daniel
yeah give me some time to dig up all the relevant passages that i can find..could take a little bit

I always liked that the Bible also includes what do you do if you're married and become saved, which is to stay with the unbelieving spouse to sanctify the kids and maybe convert the other.Cool sometimes that the Bible wasn't so blind about difficult topics and able to give common sense sides to it. Proverbs is good for this stuff.Unequally yoked I take to mean no business partnerships or dating. You ignore this and what are you going to say in prayers? God, I know I shouldn't be here, but since I am can you make it okay?God invented Sex, between a man and wife. In that context it is a beautiful thing. Outside it is problematic at best, unwanted pregnancy, disease, emotional stress. But the Marriage bed is undefiled, and except for fasting, the woman is not to withhold sex from her husband and visa versa. I have that verse embossed on my headboard!