Baseball Trivia

1. Who is the only player in major league history to lead the league in triples, home runs and RBIs in the same year?
Probably somebody from way back when. I'm gonna guess 2: Tris Speaker, Ty Cobb.
2. Who holds the MLB record for hitting into the most double plays in a season?
Educated guess: Jim Rice.EDIT: Just looked it up, and Rice is correct. He's all alone at number one and number 2 on that list.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably somebody from way back when. I'm gonna guess 2: Tris Speaker, Ty Cobb. Educated guess: Jim Rice.EDIT: Just looked it up, and Rice is correct. He's all alone at number one and number 2 on that list.
Yes Jim Rice is correct for #2. Both wrong on #1.
Heh, glad you enjoyed. :)Here's a hint, that same year the player also led the league in extra-base hits, total bases, slugging percentage, and OPS. Not a bad year really...
Bonds? Arod?

It's gotta be someone from an era where like 12 Hr's led the league right?Ty cobbTris speakerEdit: Damn I should have read all posts.

It's gotta be someone from an era where like 12 Hr's led the league right?Ty cobbTris speakerEdit: Damn I should have read all posts.
Hahaha! Great minds think alike though :club:.I'm pretty stumped. Honus friggin Wagner? Babe Ruth?
Joe Torre, Frank Robinson and..........meh, I'll say Ted Williams because I can't think of anyone else, but I don't think the teams he coached were very good.
1. Joe Torre2. Frank Robinson3. ???? (manager of the year has only been awarded since 1983)
I was thinking Lou Piniella, but it was ROY that he won, and not MVP.
no, not sweet louhints: has managed only 2 teams and is not currently managing, but is coaching with the team he won the manager award, has cancer
no, not sweet louhints: has managed only 2 teams and is not currently managing, but is coaching with the team he won the manager award, has cancer
Felipe Alou? (no)I have it from a look-up, not going to post...Another good one.If I had to give a hint it would be: The awards were in different leagues and diametrically opposed altitudes.
Nice, altitude clue from Merc got it for me.Hmmm...Who has the highest winning percentage of any 20 game winner?I'm out of town for a few days so I'm sure someone will get it in the meantime.
Single season, I suppose...Probably some stupid Yankee named Ron Guidry...