Cheating On The Internet

I think there is a lot of cheating going on on the internet, and I think it's total Bullhsit...You can't do anything about it...And my brother approaches me all the time to cheat.I tell him no and it is wrong... The Lord Loves honest and Just Weights Proverbs.My brothers name is Leo Kerr and he's a little cheater...He thinks he's going to get ahead by cheating, and he's not...I tell him to play honestly and don't cheat and he say's to me "How are you going to win if you don't collude"Colluding is cheating and it's wrong and it's also Stealing... The Bible Says Thou shalt not steal, and it's wrong...I hope your not cheating...Jonathan Kerr

I think there is a lot of cheating going on on the internet, and I think it's total Bullhsit...You can't do anything about it...And my brother approaches me all the time to cheat.I tell him no and it is wrong... The Lord Loves honest and Just Weights Proverbs.My brothers name is Leo Kerr and he's a little cheater...He thinks he's going to get ahead by cheating, and he's not...I tell him to play honestly and don't cheat and he say's to me "How are you going to win if you don't collude"Colluding is cheating and it's wrong and it's also Stealing... The Bible Says Thou shalt not steal, and it's wrong...I hope your not cheating...Jonathan Kerr
Looks like I picked the right time to quit online poker. Although I don't believe that online cheating is a widespread problem, the fact that it's even remotely questionable whether or not everyone is on a level playing field makes me want to stick to the live games from now on. The fact that I'm starting to see some of the more famous names in online poker being outed as multiple account cheats (true or otherwise) tells me that this problem may be more wide-spread than anyone really knows. It really wouldn't be very difficult to get 5 (or 10, or 20, or 100, or 1000) independent IP networks setup in one location for the sole purpose of cheating at online poker. Expensive, yes, difficult, no. And who cares about the $5000 a month in ISP charges if you're raking in $50,000 a month in winnings? These guys are getting caught with multiple accounts on the same IP scheme, but if you have a line coming in from Verizon, another from AT&T, another from AOL and another from Bell South, how can you possibly get caught? Collusion detection is really the only way, but it's tough to nail shady play by sight...I dunno, I'm just glad I'm not an online player anymore.

Everyone has seen something that looks like collusion online. As long as there is an incentive to cheat and win money, people will always be trying to get ahead the easy way

Everyone has seen something that looks like collusion online. As long as there is an incentive to cheat and win money, people will always be trying to get ahead the easy way
thats why we must kill them all!! everytime you see someone cheating, either through collusion or multiple accounts, or disconnect abuse, report the ************!

Your brother is probably too stupid to effectively collude. I'm not concerned about collusion at the stakes i play. Few people who are capable of doing it effectively would bother doing it at stakes that low, and even if they were, it wouldnt be a big enough issue to overcome the edge i have against the shitty players at my table.At, say, the 20/40 level - i can then see it potentially becoming a problem.

I'm going to go out on a limb here. If someone is multi-accounting in an MTT, although it may be against the TOS, and hence strictly speaking "cheating", until 2 of that person's accounts end up at the same table, I dont see how it's truly robbing anyone of EV. Anyone violating TOS deserves what they get, but let's save the lynch mob for those who are truly shooting the angles. STTs and ring games are a different matter altogether. Anytime you sit down with yourself at a table you are cheating. Hmmm...unless it's heads up, in which case you're just an idiot.

Can someone tell me how to ignore certain posters?
My ControlsOptions (left side)Manage Ignored Users

Who cares if some people cheat at some higher limits. It really doesn't effect anyone on here. The lower limit cash games (which about 99% of the people on here play) are so beatable, it doesn't really matter. The fact that you can play twice as many hands an hr online makes it way better than live. Add in multi tabling and it isn't even close. If you run into a cheat every once and a while (which is still unlikely as far as I am concerned).Fear of cheating isn't enough to scare me away from the internet.

It's amazing to think that at a .50/1.00 limit table, there would be someone with nothing better to do than to cheat to make and extra five bucks.At higher levels, I'm sure that there are people who do it and I'm sure that they make money doing it. It sure doesn't make it right.