should i have reported this?

I was playing in a tourny on UB Sunday when something occured that I have never seen before.I stayed at the same table the whole time as well as 6 or so others. I don't think they knew each other at the beginning but they were very chatty the whole time with alot of friendly talk.Late in the tournament I was in a hand with 2 of them and had moved all in. One player was thinikng about calling when the other player typed in"If you fold I'm calling". So the first guy folds, the second guy calls and I won. I don't know if the results affected my decision or not but I didn't report them.I guess I'm wondering what would have happened if I had reported this.I have been playing for about 5 years and have never seen this happen.Thanks and Good luck.....

It's probably just years of reading Peg Smith posts on RGP advocating reporting things like this, but at the least I would explain to them why that sort of chat in unacceptable. Besides being against TDA rules, it's completely unethical. If they blew you off, then I would report it to UB and let them handle it.Patrick

yup I couldnt agree more with Patrick here. I mean if the first guy calls what would the second do? Maybe you triple up?Very unethical. I'd say something.

personally it would depend on the level of a tourny...anything over a $20 buy in then i would report it...but anything lower is kinda not worth it.  Even though it IS still cheating
Personally, I don't think the buy-in should be considered. Not the point.Anyway- if it were me, I'd probably let em know it was against the rules/unethical and see how they reacted to gauge my course of action.

Seems like this sort of thing happens more often than you might think. Mostly I think these people don't know they really shouldn't say something, so I agree with a couple guys here and just tell them in chat they shouldn't discuss that during the hand.

Not to mention the guy is a dumb fck. "If you fold" encourages him to fold what might be a good enough hand for the guy not to also make the call, when otherwise he might have information that his A-rag or whatever he called you with was no good.