the official flame kowboykoop thread

koop..are you serious? ac/dc?   :roll:
sadly he seems to think AC/DC is worthy of praise, they SUCKZeppelin forever
The three greatest bands ever:1. Led Zeppelin2. Pink Floyd3. The BandI see no AC/DC on this list, so they aren't the best.
Oh, that's "the list." I didn't know there was an official "greatest bands of all time" list. My bad...oh wait a minute...I forgot about this "list" that I just found.The three greatest bands of all time:1. AC/DC featuring Brian Johnson2. AC/DC featuring Bon Scott3. Empty (left empty to stress just how much better AC/DC is than everyone else)
I personally trade numbers 1 and 2 there, but its your deal.I've been wondering if there are any regular games up here, also. I needs me some live poker.
A. It's a pretty close call. B. Jesus man, last year there was a regular game literally every single week...sometimes twice a week. This year...nothing. I don't know why..but the guys who hosted it last year all graduated and left. The game was supposed to be moved to another guy's house, but I've heard absolutely nothing. It really sucks..I like playing online..but playing live is so much better. It really sucks that I haven't been able to play live this year. So...sorry man, unless you wanna make friends with some frat boys and play at their games...I know they have a lot of tournaments....but I heard they kinda suck. I don't know man..I wish I could help ya out...but I guess the regular game just kinda fell apart. Sorry man...maybe one will pop up soon. I'll try and let ya know the minute I hear something.
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, that's "the list." I didn't know there was an official "greatest bands of all time" list. My bad...oh wait a minute...I forgot about this "list" that I just found.The three greatest bands of all time:1. AC/DC featuring Brian Johnson2. AC/DC featuring Bon Scott3. Empty (left empty to stress just how much better AC/DC is than everyone else)
I personally trade numbers 1 and 2 there, but its your deal.I've been wondering if there are any regular games up here, also. I needs me some live poker.
A. It's a pretty close call. B. Jesus man, last year there was a regular game literally every single week...sometimes twice a week. This year...nothing. I don't know why..but the guys who hosted it last year all graduated and left. The game was supposed to be moved to another guy's house, but I've heard absolutely nothing. It really sucks..I like playing online..but playing live is so much better. It really sucks that I haven't been able to play live this year. So...sorry man, unless you wanna make friends with some frat boys and play at their games...I know they have a lot of tournaments....but I heard they kinda suck. I don't know man..I wish I could help ya out...but I guess the regular game just kinda fell apart. Sorry man...maybe one will pop up soon. I'll try and let ya know the minute I hear something.
I really am considering that. The frats play all the time, but you have to put up with the frat guys to play. They also play horribly. But a game is a game, so I think I'm gonna start asking around.

ac/dc has very little technical skill at any instrument. I'm not just arguing, I'm a serious music fan and a studio musician. Guitar- very basic blues-based riffs played in different variations. messy disorganized solos, very two dimentionalBass- nothing to write home about, although I would say this is one of the stronger points of the bandDrums- over-simplified and often boring. Lack of fills, syncopation or any sort of varience from the standard "1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and" beat.Vocals- original, but again, very two dimentional and flat. Screeching every song at the top of your lungs only goes so far.Catchy at times, but pales in comparison to the creativity of Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd.

I really am considering that. The frats play all the time, but you have to put up with the frat guys to play. They also play horribly. But a game is a game, so I think I'm gonna start asking around.
That's probably your best option....damn, the games were so consistent last year....but they were also fairly tough. I have definitely heard that the frat games are pretty soft....so if you can put up with some as*holes, then you could probably make some money.
ac/dc has very little technical skill at any instrument. I'm not just arguing, I'm a serious music fan and a studio musician. Guitar- very basic blues-based riffs played in different variations. messy disorganized solos, very two dimentionalBass- nothing to write home about, although I would say this is one of the stronger points of the bandDrums- over-simplified and often boring. Lack of fills, syncopation or any sort of varience from the standard "1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and" beat.Vocals- original, but again, very two dimentional and flat. Screeching every song at the top of your lungs only goes so far.
I literally couldn't care less about any of this sh*t. No, they aren't the best "technical musicians" in the world. There is only ONE thing that matters to me..and that is how they sound. I LOVE every sound they make....flat out. Also..I can't think of anyone's voice that I like more than Brian Johnson flat out yelling at the top of his lungs. You say they aren't "technically proficient" enough....that's fine. If you take that into account for your musical opinions/preferences..then that is fine. But I don't. Simple as that. AC/DC SOUNDS the best to me, so I LIKE them the best, so I SAY they are the best. Why are so many people getting so worked up about it. Do you guys HONESTLY care this much about my musical preferences!?!? I mean..yeah, I'm a pretty important person..but not THAT important.....am I????
I literally couldn't care less about any of this sh*t. No, they aren't the best "technical musicians" in the world. There is only ONE thing that matters to me..and that is how they sound. I LOVE every sound they make....flat out. Also..I can't think of anyone's voice that I like more than Brian Johnson flat out yelling at the top of his lungs. You say they aren't "technically proficient" enough....that's fine. If you take that into account for your musical opinions/preferences..then that is fine. But I don't. Simple as that. AC/DC SOUNDS the best to me, so I LIKE them the best, so I SAY they are the best. Why are so many people getting so worked up about it. Do you guys HONESTLY care this much about my musical preferences!?!? I mean..yeah, I'm a pretty important person..but not THAT important.....am I????
I just saw the debate going on here and figured I'd add my two cents. I'm not saying I dislike ACDC, I enjoy them when I'm in the right mood, just figured I'd give my opinion. Take it eeeaaasssy
76 clubs said the Indians had no pitching, in reference to this coming year. since he said boston would be better than the indians this coming year. then you decided to give him the indians pitching stats from last year, but not their career stats. when comparing coco and dejesus you kept using career stats. when someone brought up last years stats only, you kept crying it was unfair, saying you had to use their whole career.just looking for consistency.is it career stats that matter, or stats from last year(or recent years)?or do you just change it up to whatever fits your CAPITALIZED arguments?
It would be more accurate in predicting the coming year for the Indians pitching staff to take each pitcher's career stats with more weight given to more recent years. That might be a little more in depth than called for in a poker forum. To say that the entire pitching staff was very good last year and then factoring in the changes as a way to discredit the statement that they have no pitching is acceptable. It should also be noted that when discussing the specific transactions of losing Millwood and picking up Byrd, a 3-year comparison was used.
i agreewas just wondering why the same system wasnt used in the crisp/dejesus debateinconsistent
This is retarded. They are two COMPLETELY different arguments. I NEVER said that the Indians would have the best pitching staff next year. If I had said that, then you would be right. but that is not what I said, I said that they had the best pitching LAST YEAR LAST YEAR LAST YEAR and thus, to say that they will have NO PITCHING next year is just stupid. If he had said "they lost a little bit in terms of pitching" then that would be fine. but he said they had NOOOOO PITCHING. All I said was...well, they led the league in pitching last year...so that is a dumb statement. If you really want me to go indepth about EACH Indians pitcher, then I can do that too, but it isn't necessary, because the Indians are not just gonna go from leading the league in pitching to "no pitching." That is it.That argument is completely different than talking about which player is "better" than another...you don't just look at ONE year. You look at the past 3-4-5 years at least. That is what happened. IFFFFF IF IF IFIF IF IF I had said "well, the Indians had the best pitching last year, so they'll have the best pitching next year" then you would be absolutely correct. But that is not what happened. All I said was "well, they had the best pitching last year, so they won't have "no pitching" next year. That is a completely different type of statement/argument than "David DeJesus is a better player than Coco Crisp." They are different arguments. DIFFERENT ARGUMENTS. DIFFERENT ARGUMENTS. DIFFERENT ARGUMENTS. Do I need to say this more!!??!
yes you need to say it more because the arguments are very similaryou say dejesus is better than crisp, stats go back four years, because you say 1 isnt fairyou say indians have pitching, stats go back 1 year, you say anymore isnt necessarywe love it when you argue the same point over and over, especially like in this case where your own argument works against you, so please say it many more times.I just have one request? Can you throw in more CAPITAL LETTERS. Its really not annoying and doesn't make you seem like Stephen A. Smith at all.keep up the great work
Felt this needed to be in here.
76 clubs said the Indians had no pitching, in reference to this coming year. since he said boston would be better than the indians this coming year. then you decided to give him the indians pitching stats from last year, but not their career stats. when comparing coco and dejesus you kept using career stats. when someone brought up last years stats only, you kept crying it was unfair, saying you had to use their whole career.just looking for consistency.is it career stats that matter, or stats from last year(or recent years)?or do you just change it up to whatever fits your CAPITALIZED arguments?
It would be more accurate in predicting the coming year for the Indians pitching staff to take each pitcher's career stats with more weight given to more recent years. That might be a little more in depth than called for in a poker forum. To say that the entire pitching staff was very good last year and then factoring in the changes as a way to discredit the statement that they have no pitching is acceptable. It should also be noted that when discussing the specific transactions of losing Millwood and picking up Byrd, a 3-year comparison was used.
i agreewas just wondering why the same system wasnt used in the crisp/dejesus debateinconsistent
This is retarded. They are two COMPLETELY different arguments. I NEVER said that the Indians would have the best pitching staff next year. If I had said that, then you would be right. but that is not what I said, I said that they had the best pitching LAST YEAR LAST YEAR LAST YEAR and thus, to say that they will have NO PITCHING next year is just stupid. If he had said "they lost a little bit in terms of pitching" then that would be fine. but he said they had NOOOOO PITCHING. All I said was...well, they led the league in pitching last year...so that is a dumb statement. If you really want me to go indepth about EACH Indians pitcher, then I can do that too, but it isn't necessary, because the Indians are not just gonna go from leading the league in pitching to "no pitching." That is it.That argument is completely different than talking about which player is "better" than another...you don't just look at ONE year. You look at the past 3-4-5 years at least. That is what happened. IFFFFF IF IF IFIF IF IF I had said "well, the Indians had the best pitching last year, so they'll have the best pitching next year" then you would be absolutely correct. But that is not what happened. All I said was "well, they had the best pitching last year, so they won't have "no pitching" next year. That is a completely different type of statement/argument than "David DeJesus is a better player than Coco Crisp." They are different arguments. DIFFERENT ARGUMENTS. DIFFERENT ARGUMENTS. DIFFERENT ARGUMENTS. Do I need to say this more!!??!
yes you need to say it more because the arguments are very similaryou say dejesus is better than crisp, stats go back four years, because you say 1 isnt fairyou say indians have pitching, stats go back 1 year, you say anymore isnt necessarywe love it when you argue the same point over and over, especially like in this case where your own argument works against you, so please say it many more times.I just have one request? Can you throw in more CAPITAL LETTERS. Its really not annoying and doesn't make you seem like Stephen A. Smith at all.keep up the great work
Felt this needed to be in here.
mcpickl just became one of my new favorite posters. Koop got freakin pwned.
my thoughts exactly...
coming from 76clubs...the guy who said that the Cleveland Indians, the team that led the American League in ERA, has "no pitching." That was the most retarded statement on baseball I've ever heard......you know you got OWNED!!!!! on that one....by both me and Hobbes on that one. Now you just tried to create this queer thread to "get back at me." Yeah....good one...people trying to make fun of me...oh boy....that's never happened to me on this forum before. My feelings are hurt. Seriously though...good luck devoting so much free time to thinking about me...I appreciate it.
my thoughts exactly...
coming from 76clubs...the guy who said that the Cleveland Indians, the team that led the American League in ERA, has "no pitching." That was the most retarded statement on baseball I've ever heard......you know you got OWNED!!!!! on that one....by both me and Hobbes on that one. Now you just tried to create this queer thread to "get back at me." Yeah....good one...people trying to make fun of me...oh boy....that's never happened to me on this forum before. My feelings are hurt. Seriously though...good luck devoting so much free time to thinking about me...I appreciate it.
Sounds like someone's still holding grudges over mommy and the mailman.hugsigned2gx.jpg
my thoughts exactly...
Sounds like someone's still holding grudges over mommy and the mailman.hugsigned2gx.jpg
I don't like Jesus. He ain't giving me no hug.
did koop just flame theredpills blog?
I've never read or been to that blog.
i beg to differ, you just told theredpill to stick his head in an ovenhttp://theredpill98.blogspot.com/
cause it would be so hard for someone to just type "KowboyKoop" at the end of their message. Good one. Seriously though....it wasn't me.

mcpickl, if you truly "OWNED" me, then I would love for you to say excatly which team that I said the Indians would have better pitching than. Please quote me on which team I said would have worse pitching than the Indians. Unless you can do that...then you are flat out wrong. I never said any such thing, so you are flat out wrong. Quit trying to make sh*t up. I never made any argument like you are saying I made, so quit trying to lie and act like I did.