fcpc standings

This thing is becoming absurd! Custom, I know this isn't your fault, but this is crazy? Now there is talk about scrapping the 2nd match as well?? Maybe I didn't bend over far enough and grab my ankles, so now Royal gets it too??
Maybe you want to talk to the the team DrawingDeadinDM is on and ask them how they would feel about only being allowed to play 25 out of 27 matches...
I'm not on a team?..or is that the point?
You confuse me. I don't know which team you're on. But, apparently you didn't have a ticket? I think? Maybe?
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

like people have nothing better to do than play 3 hours for fun.
Royal, I really hope you're not playing in this for the money, because if you are, let me buy you a sandwich and a soda bro...People should remember that not only is this the first time we've had an event like this, but it's on a brand new site as well, these two factors are obviously adding up to create a difficult situation. I think we should all cut FCP and Custom some slack and I'm sure next time will go much more smoothly (if anyone even wants to be organize another one after all the whining, we'll be lucky)...Everyone including Royal and especially Lolli knows what the right thing to do is, so lets just do it and get on with the whole having fun and smack talking part, ok?...Viva La Jopke!
I want a turkey on white.....No of course its not about the money.But to be perfectly honest, it is about bragging rights, and being able to put "I pwned JBradburns team" in my sig.do u see what im saying
Aha!... that is indeed priceless, i withdraw my sarcastic sandwich offer... :-)
This thing is becoming absurd! Custom, I know this isn't your fault, but this is crazy? Now there is talk about scrapping the 2nd match as well?? Maybe I didn't bend over far enough and grab my ankles, so now Royal gets it too??
Maybe you want to talk to the the team DrawingDeadinDM is on and ask them how they would feel about only being allowed to play 25 out of 27 matches...
Like I said before, I'm more than willing to take a rematch, but c'mon, you would be pretty censored off too.
Maybe you're forgetting that I'm a captain as well. I'm already pissed off. But, that's no excuse for screwing over another team.
Like I said before, I'm more than willing to take a rematch, but c'mon, you would be pretty censored off too.
Maybe you're forgetting that I'm a captain as well. I'm already censored off. But, that's no excuse for screwing over another team.
ok its 10 30 am now, and my coffee is finished, so i'm cool.Lets all just have a big orgy

Arguments before 10am are -EV enought..let along trying to have one without coffee first. lol...looking forward to tomorrow night, I just checked and I already have my tickets for all three of my flights. Hopefully this will be the last time anything like this happens.

You confuse me. I don't know which team you're on. But, apparently you didn't have a ticket? I think? Maybe?
To clarify: DD = Dunkin Doughnuts in my post, not DrawingDeadDoes that help?

I can confirm that I now have three tickets in my account.Custom, why don't we scrap some of the sticky posts we have and create a new one for each player to indicate how many tickets they now have in their account.We need to be sure that everyone who is going to be playing tomorrow night has theirs. By the way, I'm playing tomorrow night, so one down...eight to go.

Maybe you're forgetting that I'm a captain as well. I'm already censored off. But, that's no excuse for screwing over another team.
ok its 10 30 am now, and my coffee is finished, so i'm cool.Lets all just have a big orgy
I had to settle for Starbucks this morning, so that's why I'm angry. Not upset about the tournament thing. If I had organized it, you'd all be playing backgammon on Caribbean Sun Poker on Greenwich Mean Time. And you'd be out 11 euros, not dollars. I would still like to play, though.Would it be possible to schedule this from scratch and post the fixed player schedules in a sticky thread to avoid lapses in communication among team members with busy schedules? That way, each player would know when to expect the tournament ticket and would be able to contact support promptly if it were not there on time.I think this could be a great proposition, like the Negreanu Open, if the technical side were able to keep up with the planning side from the start, rather than forcing the planning to be retooled to the point of chaos.Custom, I actually think you're doing a good job considering the opening of FCP's poker site has complicated everything. Whatever you guys work out will be fine.As long as it ultimately results in TeamBillyBizzle's well-deserved victory.
Just checked my account, and I have all three tickets now as well...did someone say orgy?
We will need to plan for an orgy rematch as I do not have such tickets.
You don't need a ticket, only the guys, otherwise it would be a gangbang instead of an orgy...
To clarify: DD = Dunkin Doughnuts in my post, not DrawingDeadDoes that help?
:doh:
No one is asking/expecting you to screw over another team..but what happens on Thursday or next Monday etc. if this continues to be a problem?? Then what? You will have more than just me and Royal getting screwed.
If it happens thrusday or monday, then it's a good thing we have one more extra day, isn't it? Everyone's been screwed by this....get over it.

I know I have no business posting in this thread, but I did read it because I like a good fight and formulated a possible solution. Just to clarify, I am assuming that all 27 tournaments are identical (i.e. same limits and all NLHE). If that is an incorrect assumption, please forgive me and ignore my post.If one team has already missed 2 tournaments, and you are positive that the ticket issue is resolved for the remaining 25, then a schedule could be made up so that each team misses 2 tournaments. That way, the results from the first 2 events do not have to be scrapped, and the final results could be based on the results from 25 instead of 27 events. If it is organized in groups of 3, 4, or 5 people, then the number of events played could be reduced to 24, 23, or 22 events used in the final score, while still holding 27 events total and every team member gets a chance to play the same number of tournaments.

I know I have no business posting in this thread, but I did read it because I like a good fight and formulated a possible solution. Just to clarify, I am assuming that all 27 tournaments are identical (i.e. same limits and all NLHE). If that is an incorrect assumption, please forgive me and ignore my post.If one team has already missed 2 tournaments, and you are positive that the ticket issue is resolved for the remaining 25, then a schedule could be made up so that each team misses 2 tournaments. That way, the results from the first 2 events do not have to be scrapped, and the final results could be based on the results from 25 instead of 27 events. If it is organized in groups of 3, 4, or 5 people, then the number of events played could be reduced to 24, 23, or 22 events used in the final score, while still holding 27 events total and every team member gets a chance to play the same number of tournaments.
This would work if there was consistancy on the misses, but that's not the case here. Two teams missed event #1, and then a totally different team missed event #2. Scheduling something like this would be a logistical nightmare, and would only make things worse (not that it's a bad idea).
I'll handle this custom.Because all of the Sit-n-go's are 9 people, it is tough to remove certain people from certain sit-n-go's and keep it fair. Any time you play in one of these, your team has approximately 34.4 points in equity (140+100+70)/9. If you start removing certain people from certain ones, then each of the other teams has closer to 39 points in equity.Basically-27 9 person sit-n-gos are the way that this is set up, and thus the way that it should be run. For each of the 3 teams that have been knocked out because they didn't have a ticket, they basically lost 34.4 points.
I'll handle this custom.Because all of the Sit-n-go's are 9 people, it is tough to remove certain people from certain sit-n-go's and keep it fair. Any time you play in one of these, your team has approximately 34.4 points in equity (140+100+70)/9. If you start removing certain people from certain ones, then each of the other teams has closer to 39 points in equity.Basically-27 9 person sit-n-gos are the way that this is set up, and thus the way that it should be run. For each of the 3 teams that have been knocked out because they didn't have a ticket, they basically lost 34.4 points.
Yes, I understand that, but if every team were to not play in 1 SnG, they would lose 34.4 points of equity as well, and the playing field would be leveled. As ajs pointed out, though, my theory falls apart because 2 teams missed the first tournament, giving the other 7 teams additional equity that would not be made up by reducing all further tournaments to 8 players. It would get you close, but not 100% equal.
Laughable?And of course my reply is somewhat results based, but so is the opposition,  But dont forget the fact that these last a few hours, and arnt simply coin flips. and not everyone can continue to make time to play
That's because we let this thing play out. Knowing the people were missing tickets, the matches never should have been played, they should have been cancelled BEFOREHAND.Royal, your team's a jopke. I really feel bad, because you guys probably wasted all your luck on matches that don't count. Me and Floppy Nuts are gonna pwn everyone, so you might want to keep trying to get your money back.
Laughable?And of course my reply is somewhat results based, but so is the opposition,  But dont forget the fact that these last a few hours, and arnt simply coin flips. and not everyone can continue to make time to play
That's because we let this thing play out. Knowing the people were missing tickets, the matches never should have been played, they should have been cancelled BEFOREHAND.Royal, your team's a jopke. I really feel bad, because you guys probably wasted all your luck on matches that don't count. Me and Floppy Nuts are gonna pwn everyone, so you might want to keep trying to get your money back.
That's right bitches! Let the teabagging commence!
Impossible with the software they have and the way this has been setup. Second guessing now is useless anyway.
Yes, I understand that, but if every team were to not play in 1 SnG, they would lose 34.4 points of equity as well, and the playing field would be leveled. As ajs pointed out, though, my theory falls apart because 2 teams missed the first tournament, giving the other 7 teams additional equity that would not be made up by reducing all further tournaments to 8 players. It would get you close, but not 100% equal.
What is all this "equity" nonsense? Just deal me some cards and let me go to town on these clowns in the name Bizzle's disciples. Whatever deficiencies result from providing the 7 other teams with more -- "equity," did you call it? -- I'll just negate it with my three personal victories and we'll call it a night.
What is all this "equity" nonsense? Just deal me some cards and let me go to town on these clowns in the name Bizzle's disciples. Whatever deficiencies result from providing the 7 other teams with more -- "equity," did you call it? -- I'll just negate it with my three personal victories and we'll call it a night.
That's the Spirit!Viva la Jopke!
Impossible with the software they have and the way this has been setup. Second guessing now is useless anyway.
Ok so are we scratching match 1 and 2 and starting fresh tomorrow or are we still waiting on that?
Yup. Scratching both. Day one is Thursday.I'll be officially kicking off the FCPFC with 140 points for Custom's Suck Out Artists.