did i play ak right here?

Alright, about 450 ppl left. 63 cash. my stack is 3850 and villain is 4050blinds are 25 50UTG +1 villain limps Hero raises mid position to 200 (AK)villain #2 calls on button 200vallain #3 sb calls villain #1 callsflop Jh 5s 3Hsb checksUTG +1 bets 220hero callsrest foldturn: Advillain bets 200hero calls (I called here fearing AJ and deciding the he does not have a heart draw... i donno why, it just seemed like he wasnt the kind of play that would under bet pots with a flush draw)river: 4H Villain checkshero moves all in (I think he is scared of the flush. So he either folds with a hand like KJ or maybe i can get his two pair to fold...)villain calls with A5 (aces fives)hero is dead.

Alright, about 450 ppl left. 63 cash. my stack is 3850 and villain is 4050blinds are 25 50UTG +1 villain limps Hero raises mid position to 200 (AK)villain #2 calls on button 200vallain #3 sb calls villain #1 callsflop Jh 5s 3Hsb checksUTG +1 bets 220hero callsrest foldturn: Advillain bets 200hero calls (I called here fearing AJ and deciding the he does not have a heart draw... i donno why, it just seemed like he wasnt the kind of play that would under bet pots with a flush draw)river: 4H Villain checkshero moves all in (I think he is scared of the flush. So he either folds with a hand like KJ or maybe i can get his two pair to fold...)villain calls with A5 (aces fives)hero is dead.
A word of advice. Don't post the results until the hand has been discussed. Otherwise people tend to get influenced.Otherwise, if I'm doing the math correctly, there's 1740ish in the pot, you had 3230 left and moved all in. First of all, you have plenty of chips left [64 bb]; it wasn't like this was do or die. You don't have to bet so much. If you bet say 1000 - 1500 ish, I think it would serve your purpose. If he put you on a flush, he wouldn't call that imo, and if he didn't, whether you bet 400 or 4000 he would fold there. Also, the all in right there also does feel very suspicious. You're betting almost twice the pot right there. That doesn't feel like a bet that's just begging him to call. That's almost like "please don't call this big bet, be scared of me". Then again, I could be influenced by the fact that you said this was what was going through your mind.Imo you overbet this.

Raise the turn. You need to see where you are.I would have made it about 1000. If he pushed over the top, my decision would depend on the player but all things being equal, I would probably fold.Oh and after he checks the river, I would probably bet too but never 3k. You will only get called by hands that have you beat. 750 or seems about right.

ohh, yeah i am reading my post now. confusing. sorry i was finishing up a 12 hr session (very long for me). If the player i was against was reckless (which he was), What do you think about either raising on the flop or folding on the flop, since he could have a wider variation of hands...?

with that many callers a flop that misses you is bound to hit one of them, and no turn card is going to give you assurance that you have the best hand. Its not worth paying even the 22o to see it unless you think the rest of the table is very weak post-flop and you can take advantage of that..hard to do from middle position.For example when youre A comes on the turn there are the AJ, A5 (donkey!) and the sets that beat you (Im not buying a table so bad that someone could have hit two pair on that flop.)Even though your implied odds are good with the 220 flop bet, your negative implied odds are huge. If youre playing post-flop its strictly a gamble to double up and get in better shape in a tourney with a ton of players left.

I insta-fold this hand on the flop. You have an unimproved AK in a 4 person pot. Clearly, someone has you beat. Holding on to an unimproved AK in anything more than a heads up pot is a common beginners mistake.

I insta-fold this hand on the flop. You have an unimproved AK in a 4 person pot. Clearly, someone has you beat. Holding on to an unimproved AK in anything more than a heads up pot is a common beginners mistake.
:? :? :? :? :? . I'll give you a beginner you vile cur. sw. Yeah, you're right. the sb checked the flop i put him on weak nada. donkey i figured hand a smaller ace or non set pocket (AND I WAS RIGHT... KINDA) so i thought all i had to beat was dude behind me who folded. i am not in love with ak or qq, i really was considering the factors. Just giving you my rationale, but i agree. it was kinda bone headed.
I insta-fold this hand on the flop.  You have an unimproved AK in a 4 person pot.  Clearly, someone has you beat.  Holding on to an unimproved AK in anything more than a heads up pot is a common beginners mistake.
well, hes basically rightur only 14% to hit ur A orK assuming you have all 6 outs.. and you're pot value wasnt great.. but heres your big mistake.. if you ARE going to call on flop.. you HAVE to raise his bet on turn if you do hit.. cause you don't have pot-value on flop.. soooo.. that means you're calling because you think if you hit your A or K you will have the best hand... you don't call.. and then hit.. and then still flat call thinking youre beat.. thats idiodic.. and wtf would you think he had AJ?? if you thought he had aj then you shoulda folded.. if thats what you put him on he coulda had AJ or KJ taking your outs awaybut yeah.. you shoulda folded flop unless you know you'll have the best hand if you hit your A or K.. and you can potentially make a lot of money.. but you dont hit.. and then callthats the jist of it.. sorry for calling you an idiot... but i'm too lazy to go back and take it out