i don't like daniel

Its poker 101: If you are sure you can win the pot right then and there, make a bet large enough that those who are unsure of themselves will fold.
Which community poker college did you go to?
Daniel's. :wink:
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the very start of the game.  He wanted to take control of the table so he can get paid off on his good hands later.  He was playing smart, not stupid.So do you not like Bruson either, since he practically invented buying in for a crap load more chips than everyone and then pushing people around?  I mean, Brunson also went in for $500,000 in like a $12,000 pot.1/9/81
Do you honestly think that Doyle, Ted, Barry and Jennifer were going to be intimitated by Danny Boy's overbeting the pot in the first few hands?????Gimme a break
u r the donkeywow   what a retard
Good post.
OWNED!!Also...like I said before...I didn't think the OP's comments were really that bad. I am not necessarily agreeing with him..but A LOT of you and other people on this forum complain that people should be able to express their opinions without being randomly flamed and other sh*t like that..but then as soon as someone expresses a negative opinion about DN and BACKS IT UP WITH HIS OWN REASONING...some of you are acting like the OP is being "retarded" or something. Get over it.
u r the donkeywow   what a retard
Good post.
OWNED!!Also...like I said before...I didn't think the OP's comments were really that bad. I am not necessarily agreeing with him..but A LOT of you and other people on this forum complain that people should be able to express their opinions without being randomly flamed and other sh*t like that..but then as soon as someone expresses a negative opinion about DN and BACKS IT UP WITH HIS OWN REASONING...some of you are acting like the OP is being "retarded" or something. Get over it.
Exactly. Free speech is not for P.U.S.S.I.E.S :wink:
It was the very start of the game.  He wanted to take control of the table so he can get paid off on his good hands later.  He was playing smart, not stupid.So do you not like Bruson either, since he practically invented buying in for a crap load more chips than everyone and then pushing people around?  I mean, Brunson also went in for $500,000 in like a $12,000 pot.1/9/81
Do you honestly think that Doyle, Ted, Barry and Jennifer were going to be intimitated by Danny Boy's overbeting the pot in the first few hands?????Gimme a break
No, but they'll think he's playing any hand and they will call him more. Which was my point - "He wanted to take control of the table so he can get paid off on his good hands later."
No, but they'll think he's playing any hand and they will call him more. Which was my point - "He wanted to take control of the table so he can get paid off on his good hands later."
I see what you're saying, but reread the line up. They aren't going to fall into this.

heres a serious suggestion- sticky this thread- in the bad beat forum.that way everyone who dislikes daniel can postabout it to their hearts content, while everybody else(probably just about everybody) who likes him or is indifferent can choose not to be bothered by it.

I see what you're saying, but reread the line up. They aren't going to fall into this.
Well, Greenstein re-raised 96o to try and get Daniel to get off a hand... I know the pros won't fall for a lot of things, but they could still try and push Daniel around because they think he is raising with marginal hands. I didn't say intimidate, I said take control.
Well, Greenstein re-raised 96o to try and get Daniel to get off a hand... I know the pros won't fall for a lot of things, but they could still try and push Daniel around because they think he is raising with marginal hands. I didn't say intimidate, I said take control.
Danny is not going to get these players uncomfortable, that's all I'm saying. Did you see Ted's reaction when he lost to the bigger set? He had none, that's my point. It's not 2-5 $300 buy in. His opponents have deep bankrolls and will wait him out. Daniel is a TV whore and I don't blame him. If I ever had the opportunity to use my face to sell tampons I'd do it and have no regrets.We'll just have top agree to disagree on this.

They're not intimidated by the dollar value of the bets. They do know, however, that his large bets mean they can not mathematically make the correct call without a very good hand. What you saw on that first show(I haven't seen the others), is just textbook, aggressive, solid poker.

I just found a little bump on my balls.  Not on the actual ball....just the bag that holds the balls.  Is that good or bad?
It could be nothing, could be bad, go to a doctor regardless and when it comes to the testicles, I wouldn't get medical advice from a poker forum.
I just found a little bump on my balls.  Not on the actual ball....just the bag that holds the balls.  Is that good or bad?
It could be nothing, could be bad, go to a doctor regardless and when it comes to the testicles, I wouldn't get medical advice from a poker forum.
Dear VegasBone, Don't worry about that bump on your balls. It is probably nothing. Just forget about it. Signed, Lance Armstrong
Dear VegasBone, Don't worry about that bump on your balls. It is probably nothing. Just forget about it. Signed, Lance Armstrong
As someone who's down one of the "little guys", I'm not sure I should laugh. But I did.
I just found a little bump on my balls. Not on the actual ball....just the bag that holds the balls. Is that good or bad?
As someone who's down one of the "little guys", I'm not sure I should laugh. But I did.
Hmmm. Des Moines, missing testicle......I am sensing some sort of wacky tractor/wheat thresher story here.
Hmmm. Des Moines, missing testicle......I am sensing some sort of wacky tractor/wheat thresher story here.
Nope, just a cell deviation that would've likely led to testicular cancer...Strangely, not everyone who lives in Iowa is a farmer or lives on a farm--but it's close.
Nope, just a cell deviation that would've likely led to testicular cancer...Strangely, not everyone who lives in Iowa is a farmer or lives on a farm--but it's close.
damn it. all these wonderful stereotypes going down the drain. how will I know what to think of people before I meet them??? my grip on reality is tenuous.
I saw on an earlier post that kowboykoop has aids?3-26-1984
Dear Longshanks, KowboyKoop has AIDS!?!? Who cares!?!? AIDS isn't really that big of a deal... Signed, AfricaSeriously though.......kinda lame.
Dear Longshanks, KowboyKoop has AIDS!?!? Who cares!?!? AIDS isn't really that big of a deal... Signed, AfricaSeriously though.......kinda lame.
good lord koop
good lord koop
I'll take that to mean that you don't understand the sarcasm implied in the format of my response. That figures.