how many chips can you shuffle?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason, I could never do it either. My chips would end up jamming or flying everywhere, and then my wrist would hurt and feel like I was getting carpal tunnel. The pain could also be from to much alone time. Not sure though. I think I'll test my theory when I get home.

I have man hands. I can do 26.
holy crap thats a lot.dont get down ppl who cant do it, you just have to practice. its easy after a while
I used to sit in front of the TV shuffling chips on the edge of the chair. Did that for months because TV can be so boring at times...
Looks like I'm the only one who can't do that...I guess I should start practicing
I can only do 8 so don't feel bad
Once you can do about 10 (two stacks of 5) the technique is exactly the same all the way up to your maximum. I can do up to 22 but after that my fingers aren't long enough to push the bottom of the stack together anymore.
I have man hands. I can do 26.
holy crap thats a lot.dont get down ppl who cant do it, you just have to practice. its easy after a while
I used to sit in front of the TV shuffling chips on the edge of the chair. Did that for months because TV can be so boring at times...
same, thats why i can do so many
Looks like I'm the only one who can't do that...I guess I should start practicing
I can only do 8 so don't feel bad
Once you can do about 10 (two stacks of 5) the technique is exactly the same all the way up to your maximum. I can do up to 22 but after that my fingers aren't long enough to push the bottom of the stack together anymore.
Yeah, my hands aren't big enough for any more than a 20 stack, and I still collapse that tower on occasion because my hands are small...

I can do 16. I've found the older and dirtier the chips are the easier it is :)I think my limit is about 20.If they're brand new they're too glossy and slide too much.It's actually pretty easy to do, starting with 4 and working your way up it just takes practice.I don't even play live all that much, I just have a stack next to my mouse :/wow that's sad.

For some reason, I could never do it either. My chips would end up jamming or flying everywhere, and then my wrist would hurt and feel like I was getting carpal tunnel. The pain could also be from to much alone time. Not sure though. I think I'll test my theory when I get home.
My wrists used to kill me after a long day of poker and shuffling was the reason. I get so bored at work now though that I shuffle them everyday just ut of habit and now they never hurt. That and I do 3, 5 minute wrist jerks everyday

My first chip was a POS set...500 count ABS plastic with metal inserts. I could never shuffle the chips, and I would get so frustrated.When I started to become more serious about poker, I bought a more respectable set of NexGens. Made 2 stacks of five, and to my amazement, I was able to shuffle them. Then 2 stacks of 6, 7, etc. I've shuffled up to 26 chips as well, but 20 consistantly. I think it has a lot to do with the brand of chips. ABS are horrible because they're so slick. Nexgens have a nice texture to them, and are much easier to do. All-in Chips stick, and I'm unable to shuffle them. Paulson's work well too. And for some reason, I have trouble with my Crystal Oysters as well.Speaking of Chipco sets, Alf, how are those workin out for ya?(what a long-ass post about shuffling...I apologize)

My max was 10 total but it wasn't pretty. It was at a WSOP Circuit event in Louisville area... playing a cash game had moved my buyin from $200 to around $1800 and the dealer asked me to cash up $1000 into black.So I did, I had 10 black chips sitting there and I told myself I wouldn't quit trying until I could shuffle 'em! :)Pretty cool feeling, too

I've gotten up to 12 or 14 before, but it's usually not pretty. 10's about my max to do comfortably, but that's only because I have small hands.