• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

I have been listening to this album for a few hours now and love it.
I played a little poker today, and for 6 hours- SIX HOURS- I listened to this album nonstop. I don't know what it is, but I'm just floored by it. It's quickly becoming one of my few favorite albums of all time. I'm deadly serial about this.
I'd also like to add that "Bros" is an amazing song. The production is just astonishing, very Phil Spector-ish.
Yes, it is. I think I listened to "Bros" twice as many times as any other song. "Comfy in Nautica" and "Take Pills" are both excellent, too, which sounds silly because all the songs are excellent.I walked outside this morning and the weather was beautiful, and I played this album on my iPod, and it was probably the happiest I've felt- for no reason, at least- in a long time. Go Panda Bear.Wang
Listen to that Panda Bear album, man. I don't know if you like Animal Collective, but this isn't exactly the same. It's a little less weird. Every review I've read after the fact has mentioned Brian Wilson's name at least once. Wang
will check it out.brian wilson is an alien btw.
George's All Things Must PassI feel so lucky to have a chance to hear this stuff for the first time in a situation where I can appreciate it.
One of the best!

Any of you fellas listen to Fujiya & Miyagi? I just picked up Transparent Things last night, and I think it's effing brilliant.

Any of you fellas listen to Fujiya & Miyagi? I just picked up Transparent Things last night, and I think it's effing brilliant.
Yeah, I liked it alot. It didn't blow my mind or anything, but it's definitely in regular rotation."Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi..."Wang

Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi.

Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi. Fujiya. Miyagi.
A few pages back, you tell a story about how people thought you were crazy, because you were walking around muttering "Fujiya. Miyagi." under your breath since you'd been listening to Ankle Injuries. I have now had that happen more than once. And whenever people go through my iPod, they WITHOUT FAIL, say something to the effect of, "Fujiya and Miyagi? You listen to Jap music?"Shut up.Wang
I played a little poker today, and for 6 hours- SIX HOURS- I listened to this album nonstop. I don't know what it is, but I'm just floored by it. It's quickly becoming one of my few favorite albums of all time. I'm deadly serial about this.Yes, it is. I think I listened to "Bros" twice as many times as any other song. "Comfy in Nautica" and "Take Pills" are both excellent, too, which sounds silly because all the songs are excellent.I walked outside this morning and the weather was beautiful, and I played this album on my iPod, and it was probably the happiest I've felt- for no reason, at least- in a long time. Go Panda Bear.Wang
Does Panda Bear have fast lyrics? Does the melody make you want to speak very quickly, or does it help slow you down?-Wang's Chink Shrink
Does Panda Bear have fast lyrics? Does the melody make you want to speak very quickly, or does it help slow you down?-Wang's Chink Shrink
Panda Bear lyric, from the song "Good Girl/Carrots:""It's good, sometimes, slow it down."Wang's Chink Shrink would be proud.Wang

I haven't been able to stop listening to Illinoise today. It took me a while to get around to really checking out Sufjan Stevens, but he totally lives up to what I expected. John Wayne Gacy, Jr. might be one of my favorite songs of all time.

I haven't been able to stop listening to Illinoise today. It took me a while to get around to really checking out Sufjan Stevens, but he totally lives up to what I expected. John Wayne Gacy, Jr. might be one of my favorite songs of all time.
Jacksonville is my jam
I too am only just today giving him a listen, and I too too am also as well highly digging him, too.
I too am only just today giving him a listen, and I too too am also as well highly digging him, too.
Whenever I meet anybody with an even REMOTELY open mind about music, I burn then a CD with a few Sufjan Stevens songs on them, almost always including "John Wayne Gacy, Jr." from Illinoise and "Upper Peninsula" from Michigan. I'm one of those people who knows nothing about music, but still tries desperately to share what I do enjoy with anyone and everyone who will listen, and I'm proud to say that I've turned more than a few people on to the brilliance of Sufjan. Today I've been listening mostly to Animal Collective, suddenly in the mood because of all of the Panda Bear I've been listening to. "Did You See the Words" (from the album Feels) always puts me in a great mood. Later tonight I'm going to tackle the new LCD Soundsystem. I'd like to devote a few hours to it, since I have too much respect for James Murphy to just pop it in while I'm in the car on the way to work.wang
Whenever I meet anybody with an even REMOTELY open mind about music, I burn then a CD with a few Sufjan Stevens songs on them, almost always including "John Wayne Gacy, Jr." from Illinoise and "Upper Peninsula" from Michigan. I'm one of those people who knows nothing about music, but still tries desperately to share what I do enjoy with anyone and everyone who will listen, and I'm proud to say that I've turned more than a few people on to the brilliance of Sufjan. Today I've been listening mostly to Animal Collective, suddenly in the mood because of all of the Panda Bear I've been listening to. "Did You See the Words" (from the album Feels) always puts me in a great mood. Later tonight I'm going to tackle the new LCD Soundsystem. I'd like to devote a few hours to it, since I have too much respect for James Murphy to just pop it in while I'm in the car on the way to work.wang
I'm one of those guys too. Luckily I have a couple of friends who know a thing or two and continually give me good music to check out.I just picked up Michigan while browsing at my favorite record shop before the Lily Allen show the other night, the same time I picked up Fujiya & Miyagi. Looking forward to listening to it, possibly this evening.
I'm one of those guys too. Luckily I have a couple of friends who know a thing or two and continually give me good music to check out.I just picked up Michigan while browsing at my favorite record shop before the Lily Allen show the other night, the same time I picked up Fujiya & Miyagi. Looking forward to listening to it, possibly this evening.
I'm one of the few people who prefers "Michigan: The Great Lakes State" to "Illinoise." I'm completely unobjective, however, because I'm from Michigan, and was raised just outside of Flint (for the unemployed and undperpaid). Sleeping Bear, Romulus, Redford, Holland, Ypsilanti, etc., are all places I've been, so it's easier for me to attatch the song to the place by which it was inspired. If I forced myself to be unbiased, I'd probably say the arrangements on Michigan are a little clumsier, and the tracks don't seem to have as much depth when compared with Illinoise. But still great anyway.Happy Listening,Wang

I just listened to...LCD Soundsystem - Innocuous ~ it's okay but electronica or whatever the kiddies are calling it these days is not my thing. I will give the other songs a listen though.Panda Bear - Bros ~ it sounds like Brian Wilson singing at the end of a tunnel at a zoo. It's strange but I'll give it a listen.Sufjan Stevens - John Wayne Gacey, Jr & Jacksonville ~ I LOVE IT! I'm definitely going to check out more of this guys music. It seems very well suited to soundtracks, has he done any?I also have Fujiya & Miyagi to listen to...

I just listened to...LCD Soundsystem - Innocuous ~ it's okay but electronica or whatever the kiddies are calling it these days is not my thing. I will give the other songs a listen though.Panda Bear - Bros ~ it sounds like Brian Wilson singing at the end of a tunnel at a zoo. It's strange but I'll give it a listen.Sufjan Stevens - John Wayne Gacey, Jr & Jacksonville ~ I LOVE IT! I'm definitely going to check out more of this guys music. It seems very well suited to soundtracks, has he done any?I also have Fujiya & Miyagi to listen to...
I just started listening to LCD Soundsystem's album. I don't hate electronica/dance music or anything, but I've never been able to get behind it like some people. That being said, I think- after first listen- "Someone Great" and "All of my Friends" are two very likeable, very catchy, very, very awesome songs. I'm going to like this album.RE: Panda BearYeah, it's kinda weird, and yeah, it definitely sounds like Brian Wilson singing from 100 yards away in a metal box at a zoo, but listen to Bros a few times, and see if you don't start getting excited about the transition around sixish minutes in... I certainly do. It takes some digesting, but if you can get past the sampling and the weird, I think anybody could appreciate the album, because it's basically just good pop music. God, I love music so much.Wang

Alright people, as you know, I'm a poser and know nothing about this kind of music, but a few of the albums I've been recommended here (Arade Fire, Radiohead, TV on the Radio, Wilco, The Flaming Lips, The Hold Steady, et ceter, et cetera, et cetera, all pfork kinda' stuff) have rocked my proverbial cunt. Time to go again. What's good?(Nothing too Electronicay)

Alright people, as you know, I'm a poser and know nothing about this kind of music, but a few of the albums I've been recommended here (Arade Fire, Radiohead, TV on the Radio, Wilco, The Flaming Lips, The Hold Steady, et ceter, et cetera, et cetera, all pfork kinda' stuff) have rocked my proverbial cunt. Time to go again. What's good?(Nothing too Electronicay)
do you know the glory of sigur ros yet? or my bloody valentine - loveless