stock market thread

I didn't understand your post at all, so I just assumed it was supporting my argument. (I got an A in stat last semester!)
basically, I grabbed the data from google finance and knocked two weeks off to test the leading indicator theory. my understanding is that this is a very simplified version of what hedge funds do day in and day out to try to make bux.practical speculation has a lot more on the topic. one of my e-friends recommended me to niederhoffer for an internship this summer, but he had already brought in four (!) others. that's what I get for not being proactive, I guess.

drys_v_s_p.xls

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok not exactly the right thread but deffinatly the right audience for my question. If you had 200k to start a small business from scratch with no expirience in what kind of business would you start? The 200k is a bottom line cash number with no other assets to leverage. The person starting this business is a tireless worker who is willing and capable of putting in 70 hour+ weeks to help make it work.

Ok not exactly the right thread but deffinatly the right audience for my question. If you had 200k to start a small business from scratch with no expirience in what kind of business would you start? The 200k is a bottom line cash number with no other assets to leverage. The person starting this business is a tireless worker who is willing and capable of putting in 70 hour+ weeks to help make it work.
franchise franchise franchisePM BRV

I'm pleased with the 5k I put into Ford at 10.4Also: That's a terribly hard question with no other information, but usually franchisees are required to be in the 500k to 750k net worth area, and have 200-400k liquid. There are ways around this, but I'm just saying'. 200k is a pretty nice start though.

I would also add: you are never gonna make it in this business if you spell "definitely" like that in correspondence with your franchiser.

I would also add: you are never gonna make it in this business if you spell "definitely" like that in correspondence with your franchiser.
Oh hey. I forgot to give you credit for my F buy.
So you are putting 100% of your net worth into it?
franchise franchise franchisePM BRV
I concur 100% with Strat.My suggestion is to go work for 90-180 days at a franchised or company owned location as part of your due diligence to see what it is like to work there, before you invest.
basically, I grabbed the data from google finance and knocked two weeks off to test the leading indicator theory. my understanding is that this is a very simplified version of what hedge funds do day in and day out to try to make bux.practical speculation has a lot more on the topic. one of my e-friends recommended me to niederhoffer for an internship this summer, but he had already brought in four (!) others. that's what I get for not having a cover letter, I guess.
fyp

Thanks for the replies. Buying a franchise of some sort does deffinatly have its advantages but the established ones are already saturating the market and probally too cost prohibitive in my situation. I am looking for something with growth potential. With the aging demographic I see healthcare and healthy living as possible options. The only idea I can really think of is maybe a fitness centre that caters to seniors. Its reallly a market in the fitness area that i dont see being served right now. Thoughts?

Thanks for the replies. Buying a franchise of some sort does deffinatly have its advantages but the established ones are already saturating the market and probally too cost prohibitive in my situation. I am looking for something with growth potential. With the aging demographic I see healthcare and healthy living as possible options. The only idea I can really think of is maybe a fitness centre that caters to seniors. Its reallly a market in the fitness area that i dont see being served right now. Thoughts?
I would say with 200K find something that the person investing likes to do and focus the business model on that. If you are going to devote 70+ hours of work and 200K of your own money, you better damn well like what you are doing.
fuck that noise. pita pit. you should deffinatly find a college town that is lacking one and fill the void.
Yea just grasping for straws. Just lately I have been thinking will I be happy doing what Iam doing 20 years from now and the answer is no.
Yea just grasping for straws. Just lately I have been thinking will I be happy doing what Iam doing 20 years from now and the answer is no.
Poker....Energy......Drinks! Easily marketable as anniversary gifts too!
How has nobody suggested opening a bar?
I wouldn't open one, I always heard that 90% fail in the first three years, 80% of the rest are gone within 5 years. [citation needed]
I wouldn't open one, I always heard that 90% fail in the first three years, 80% of the rest are gone within 5 years. [citation needed]
But that would be a fun 3-5 years!

seems like a pretty common storyline these days: indicator with remarkable track record for the last x decades suddenly melts faces like nobody's business. momentarily, I had money in a shipper, but dropped it while reshuffling in anticipation of the pullback that never happened last fall.I fucked the chicken prittay good during my stint as a money manager

Personally, I am interested on the stockmarket. Right now, I am reading books about Financial, Business and Self help.
You sound like a winner. What stock would you recommend? I'll put my whole life savings in it.