• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im flying into melb tommorow morning to get settled in before the mayhem begins. Thanx to Danny and the team for taking care of us with the poker rate at the crown and we look forward to 2 weeks of world class poker.FCP meet up would be great and i hope someone  runs with the ball here and organises something.Brettski, ill look you up tommorow and see whether you can do something about the annoying PA system haha.  Good luck to all and i hope to meet afew of you down there.
nice work sounds like you are buying in directly...which events are you playing?
What is the "2 card Manila Chanpionship" on 1/18??Never heard of the game.
half holdem ~ half omaha
i have to correct you here.2 card manilla is a game where you get 2 hole cards then the 1st board card is dealt out, then there is the 1st round of betting. then the second board card, round of betting, and so on until there are 5 board (community) cards out, and the final round of betting takes place after this 5th card is out there. the game is played with a reduced deck (7 up) and you must use both your hole cards combined with 3 from the board.At least these are the rules for standard 2 card manila cash games...several years ago this game was more popular than holdem, usually played by old guys, now there are rarely any manila tables going on at crown. how the time have changed.

Im planning on playing them all, with the exception of the 3k Omaha rebuy (because it will most likely cost me 15k to get throguh the 1st hour..).I haven't won a seat for the main event yet so im budgeting for buying in directly, however it seems we have been given every chance to qualify through the many sats in the upcoming days.

I had the pleasure of visiting Australia back in the late 90's. Great food, great people and a great time. Visited the nation's capital of Perth and also got to the island of Tasmania. Super time!!! If you can make it, I'd highly recommend it and best of luck to all who go!!!

half holdem ~ half omaha
i have to correct you here.2 card manilla is a game where you get 2 hole cards then the 1st board card is dealt out, then there is the 1st round of betting. then the second board card, round of betting, and so on until there are 5 board (community) cards out, and the final round of betting takes place after this 5th card is out there. the game is played with a reduced deck (7 up) and you must use both your hole cards combined with 3 from the board.At least these are the rules for standard 2 card manila cash games...several years ago this game was more popular than holdem, usually played by old guys, now there are rarely any manila tables going on at crown. how the time have changed.
In addition, it is played in a structured fixed limit format. Great game and is still very very popular at Star City
wow sea wasp sounds like you have a nice BR.what cash games do you play?
I play NL Short handed. I muli table 2/4 and 5/10 online and play the biggest game at Star City and the 2/3 $500 buy in game when im at Crown. I've been told there will be bigger NL cash games at crown during the millions which i am quite psyched about. I wont play anything bigger than 25/50 though.Are you going to be around the poker room at all this week Kouta?
wow sea wasp sounds like you have a nice BR.what cash games do you play?
I play NL Short handed. I muli table 2/4 and 5/10 online and play the biggest game at Star City and the 2/3 $500 buy in game when im at Crown. I've been told there will be bigger NL cash games at crown during the millions which i am quite psyched about. I wont play anything bigger than 25/50 though.Are you going to be around the poker room at all this week Kouta?
i only live a 10 min drive from crown, so i basically go in when i feel like it. Considering im on uni holidays theres a fair chance ill be going in, possibly tomorrow night, otherwise early next week as im going on a road trip as long as my mates are up for it. I usually play 4/8 or 10/20 LHE...i'd be surprised if the play was anything but astonishingly bad at these levels, and i have seen some horrible play at all the NL games upto the 2/5 blinds.
half holdem ~ half omaha
I think kouta's explained it very well. I'd only add that it's important to remember that a flush beats a full house in this game (many a tourist has learned this the hard way!).The event has a AUD$3,200 buy-in with $3,000 rebuys.

thank you correcting me about the manila ~i have played the 4-8 during the day time and have seen some really good poker played ~that being said the 6-12 on a friday night is a DONKFEST~the 3-5 no limit right after a thurday night torny can get a little wild ~

Visited the nation's capital of PerthThis is news to me - I always thought it was Canberra.
It is.
I had the pleasure of visiting Australia back in the late 90's. Great food, great people and a great time. Visited the nation's capital of Perth and also got to the island of Tasmania. Super time!!! If you can make it, I'd highly recommend it and best of luck to all who go!!!
ROFLPerth is just about as far from the capital as you can get in Australia, not quite but pretty bloody close.
thank you for sticky this !!!! if anyone is wanting to have FCP ARMY get together ~I am hoping Sunday jan 15th at crown first round of VB or carlton is on me pm me for more details
send a couple VB's my way.
thank you correcting me about the manila ~i have played the 4-8 during the day time and have seen some really good poker played ~that being said the 6-12 on a friday night is a DONKFEST~the 3-5 no limit right after a thurday night torny can get a little wild ~
you must have been stuck with a pretty unlucky table...the general standard of 4/8 lhe at crown is terrible...or great for me.the 10/20 is also softer than it use to be. I have only played one session of 10/20 recently, as i love the donks at 4/8, but i wil look to make the switch more regularly, possibly over the aussie million period as the cash games are tradiationally softer.Also, crown has recently set up sit and go style 6 handed cash games, basically if there is a seat you take it, no waiting list. I had a session of this last friday night, 5/10 lhe with 5 5 blinds, and the play was laughable, often 5-6 see the flop, and fairly passive preflop also. Only pain is the automatic $5 rake for every flop seen, regardless of pot size.

Guys, you won't be able to do $65 satellites anymore (unless you can organise an online one yourselves - others have done that very successfully). With only days to go before the opening event, the following are your satellite options if you want to do something at Crown:* $110+$20 Single Table Satellites (for a Supershot seat)* $110+$10 Supersonic Single Table Satellite (for a Supershot seat)* $220+$20 Phase 2 Satellite (top 2 get a Supershot seat)* $220+$20 Multi Table Satellite (1 Supershot seat for every 5 entrants)A Supershot seat is worth $1,100. The winner of a Supershot satellite gets a $10,500 Main Event entry.

Here's some other single table satellite options for other events on the schedule. Single table satellites will be held the day before the event (so the dates I'm giving are for the satellites; the events they are for are the next day).* Saturday 7th Jan $110+$20 (for $1,100 Limit Hold'em)* Sunday 8th Jan $110+$20 (for $1,100 No Limit Hold'em)* Monday 9th Jan $160+$20 (for $1,600 Speed Poker)* Tuesday 10th Jan $110+$20 (for $1,100 Limit Omaha Hi Lo)* Wednesday 11th Jan $115+$20 (for $1,150 No Limit Hold'em)* Thursday 12th Jan $320+$20 (for $3,200 Pot Limit Omaha)* Tuesday 17th Jan $320+$20 (for $3,200 2 Card Manila)