official "usc will destroy texas" thread

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USC gets turned away in their quest for their second straight national title. Texas by 10.
fyp
No, I was right the first time. Tell me, two years ago, who played in the BCS title game, and who won that game??? That's right, quit denying history, the winner of the BCS national title game is the champion. Please answer my question.
I want to be sure this question gets answered by you, PAYforUSC.
USC gets turned away in their quest for their second straight national title. Texas by 10.
fyp
No, I was right the first time. Tell me, two years ago, who played in the BCS title game, and who won that game??? That's right, quit denying history, the winner of the BCS national title game is the champion. Please answer my question.
it was a split national title numb nutts
fyp
Year School Record Coach 1989 Miami (FL) 11-1-0 Dennis Erickson 1990 Colorado (AP, FW, NF) 11-1-1 Bill McCartney Georgia Tech (UP) 11-0-1 Bobby Ross 1991 Miami (FL) (AP) 12-0-0 Dennis Erickson Washington (USA, FW, NF) 12-0-0 Don James 1992 Alabama 13-0-0 Gene Stallings 1993 Florida St. 12-1-0 Bobby Bowden 1994 Nebraska 13-0-0 Tom Osborne 1995 Nebraska 12-0-0 Tom Osborne 1996 Florida 12-1 Steve Spurrier 1997 Michigan (AP, FW, NF) 12-0 Lloyd Carr Nebraska (ESPN/USA) 13-0 Tom Osborne 1998 Tennessee 13-0 Phillip Fulmer 1999 Florida St. 12-0 Bobby Bowden 2000 Oklahoma 13-0 Bob Stoops 2001 Miami (FL) 12-0 Larry Coker 2002 Ohio St. 14-0 Jim Tressel 2003 Southern Cal. (AP) 12-1 Pete Carroll TIE Louisiana St. (ESPN/USA) 13-1 Nick Saban 2004 Southern Cal. 13-0 Pete Carroll PLEASE STFU KOWBOY!!!!
fyp
Year School Record Coach 1989 Miami (FL) 11-1-0 Dennis Erickson 1990 Colorado (AP, FW, NF) 11-1-1 Bill McCartney Georgia Tech (UP) 11-0-1 Bobby Ross 1991 Miami (FL) (AP) 12-0-0 Dennis Erickson Washington (USA, FW, NF) 12-0-0 Don James 1992 Alabama 13-0-0 Gene Stallings 1993 Florida St. 12-1-0 Bobby Bowden 1994 Nebraska 13-0-0 Tom Osborne 1995 Nebraska 12-0-0 Tom Osborne 1996 Florida 12-1 Steve Spurrier 1997 Michigan (AP, FW, NF) 12-0 Lloyd Carr Nebraska (ESPN/USA) 13-0 Tom Osborne 1998 Tennessee 13-0 Phillip Fulmer 1999 Florida St. 12-0 Bobby Bowden 2000 Oklahoma 13-0 Bob Stoops 2001 Miami (FL) 12-0 Larry Coker 2002 Ohio St. 14-0 Jim Tressel 2003 Southern Cal. (AP) 12-1 Pete Carroll TIE Louisiana St. (ESPN/USA) 13-1 Nick Saban 2004 Southern Cal. 13-0 Pete Carroll PLEASE STFU KOWBOY!!!!
PWNED!!!!!

In news almost as exciting as the 60 million tournament, TJ_Eckleburg andi have agreed on a $5 bet with USC at -7 - winner take all!also, if any texas fans want to take my other bet prop0sal in thisthread, let me know.

im not from california, but ill take the bet just to get you guys to shut up.the real reason no ones taking it is because 5 dollars isnt worth our time.better yet, heres another proposal. lets bet 25 on the plus 7 line, plus another dollar for every point over or under.ex. texas 35 usc 21- you win 46.let me know.I'll take the bet, I sent you a pm to discuss money transfers

im not from california, but ill take the bet just to get you guys to shut up.the real reason no ones taking it is because 5 dollars isnt worth our time.better yet, heres another proposal. lets bet 25 on the plus 7 line, plus another dollar for every point over or under.ex. texas 35 usc 21- you win 46.let me know.I'll take the bet, I sent you a pm to discuss money transfers
i'll take it if we do gift card transfer on pokerroom. let me know.
In news almost as exciting as the 60 million tournament, TJ_Eckleburg andi have agreed on a $5 bet with USC at -7 - winner take all!also, if any texas fans want to take my other bet prop0sal in thisthread, let me know.
update-ol'number7 and I have agreed on the following bet-better yet, heres another proposal. lets bet 25 on the plus 7 line, plus another dollar for every point over or under.ex. texas 35 usc 21- you win 46. i dont want to bet any significant amounts, so if any other texas fans want to bet, talk to PayforUsc.
i'll take it if we do gift card transfer on pokerroom. let me know.
Thanks for the offer, but I took it with SilentSnow with $$ to be transfered on PS (I don't have a pokerroom acc't). I'm just gonna stick with that, I've got quite a bit (for me) on this game already before this, so I'm gonna stop there
fyp
So, LSU won the BCS national title game, right?? Sounds like LSU is the true champions to me, USC didn't play in the national title game. Can't deny that fact. Also, LSU was the better team anyways that year, and proved it by WINNING THE NATIONAL TITLE GAME!
fyp
So, LSU won the BCS national title game, right?? Sounds like LSU is the true champions to me, USC didn't play in the national title game. Can't deny that fact.
i can't deny that. just like you can't deny the fact that it was a split national title game. that year BTW, Oklahoma was the first #1 team to lose in the last week of the season and STILL have a shot at the National Title. don't worry Koopy, it's nothing personal :wink:
So, LSU won the BCS national title game, right?? Sounds like LSU is the true champions to me, USC didn't play in the national title game. Can't deny that fact. Also, LSU was the better team anyways that year, and proved it by WINNING THE NATIONAL TITLE GAME!
No, LSU won the BCS championship game. Depends on your definition of "true" champions. Neither did LSU. Don't deny that. Subjective. BCS championship game.The only thing the BCS system does is provide a system in which the coaches are forced to vote for a certain team to be #1 in their poll. The Associated Press still has the right to vote for whichever team they want. College football has long had split national champions because the fact that two polls are recognized. The BCS wants you to believe that they crown a "true" national champion, but the system still has a lot of room for improvement and has yet to make the AP poll irrelevant.
fyp
I feel sorry for Texas. :cry: So, LSU won the BCS national title game, right?? Sounds like LSU is the true champions to me, USC didn't play in the national title game. Can't deny that fact. Also, LSU was the better team anyways that year, and proved it by WINNING THE NATIONAL TITLE GAME!
I feel sorry for Texas.
dittoit just seems to me that kowboykoop hates cali and everything/everyone that has to do with cali. he was born here but then got kicked out because he wasn't good enoughkowboykoop= 12 year old girl body frame! haha..never gets old!teneight
fyp
So, LSU won the BCS national title game, right?? Sounds like LSU is the true champions to me, USC didn't play in the national title game. Can't deny that fact.
i can't deny that. just like you can't deny the fact that it was a split national title game. that year BTW, Oklahoma was the first #1 team to lose in the last week of the season and STILL have a shot at the National Title. don't worry Koopy, it's nothing personal :wink:
a "split national title game!?!?!?" WTF is that??? Uh..no, USC was not a part of any national title game, they played a home game vs. Michigan, a team already with two losses, at the Rose Bowl (which is happening this year too, RIGGED!) instead of the national title game b/c of their weak schedule. LSU played in the ONLY national title game b/c of their tougher schedule (same with Oklahoma), and LSU beat defensively DOMINATED the BEST OFFENSE IN FOOTBALL THAT YEAR!! LSU was clearly the better team, USC got voted by the media as the best team, that is all. LSU WON the national title game using the AGREED UPON system of determining who plays in the national title game. LSU was the best team that year, they were the national champions in my book. Only reason people talk about a "three peat" is to draw viewers to this years game, noone even mentions that USC really didn't win the national title that year, that is was a very weak split and that is CLEARLY should have been LSU. Also, USC lost to 8-6 Cal that year...Oklahoma played a tougher schedule and lost to No. 10 K-State....and LSU lost to No. 17 Florida. The right two teams played in the national title game, and USC wasn't a part of it, the foolish media just bought into too much hype. It'll end this year though, Texas by 10.
No, LSU won the BCS championship game. Depends on your definition of "true" champions. Neither did LSU. Don't deny that. Subjective. BCS championship game.The only thing the BCS system does is provide a system in which the coaches are forced to vote for a certain team to be #1 in their poll. The Associated Press still has the right to vote for whichever team they want. College football has long had split national champions because the fact that two polls are recognized. The BCS wants you to believe that they crown a "true" national champion, but the system still has a lot of room for improvement and has yet to make the AP poll irrelevant.
All that is pretty much true, I'm not saying LSU is the national champs that year in my opinion ONLY b/c they won the BCS national title game, but they played a much tougher schedule and beat a MUCH better team in their bowl game than USC did and USC lost to a bad team (Cal that year) and played a weak schedule. LSU was more impressive overall, for the entire year, AND played in the national title game. I'm not saying USC's name should be "stricken from the records" that year, just trying to quit all that stupid "three-peat" talk b/c they were a VERY marginal choice for a SPLIT of the national title that year. LSU was the better team, but everyone just "doesn't talk about it now" so we can build this matchup with more hype.
fyp
a "split national title game!?!?!?" WTF is that??? Uh..no, USC was not a part of any national title game, they played a home game vs. Michigan, a team already with two losses, at the Rose Bowl (which is happening this year too, RIGGED!) instead of the national title game b/c of their weak schedule. LSU played in the ONLY national title game b/c of their tougher schedule (same with Oklahoma), and LSU beat defensively DOMINATED the BEST OFFENSE IN FOOTBALL THAT YEAR!! LSU was clearly the better team, USC got voted by the media as the best team, that is all. LSU WON the national title game using the AGREED UPON system of determining who plays in the national title game. LSU was the best team that year, they were the national champions in my book. Only reason people talk about a "three peat" is to draw viewers to this years game, noone even mentions that USC really didn't win the national title that year, that is was a very weak split and that is CLEARLY should have been LSU. Also, USC lost to 8-6 Cal that year...Oklahoma played a tougher schedule and lost to No. 10 K-State....and LSU lost to No. 17 Florida. The right two teams played in the national title game, and USC wasn't a part of it, the foolish media just bought into too much hype. It'll end this year though, Texas by 10.
it was a typo. Split National Title
I feel sorry for Texas.
dittoit just seems to me that kowboykoop hates cali and everything/everyone that has to do with cali. he was born here but then got kicked out because he wasn't good enoughkowboykoop= 12 year old girl body frame! haha..never gets old!teneight
I don't "hate California." That's dumb. I hate Pac-10 football, it is ridiculously weak, boring to watch b/c noone plays defense (including USC), and is just hyped up by the media because they score a lot of points against softie defenses. Also, why would anyone feel "sorry" for Texas?? Aren't they coming off a 67 point win in their conference championship game??? Oh, sorry, you West coasters don't know what a conference title game is, b/c your weak conference isn't good enough to have one. I feel sorry for the Pac-10 football fans, they'll never know football.