official "usc will destroy texas" thread

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, LSU won the BCS national title game, right?? Sounds like LSU is the true champions to me, USC didn't play in the national title game. Can't deny that fact. Also, LSU was the better team anyways that year, and proved it by WINNING THE NATIONAL TITLE GAME!
No, LSU won the BCS championship game. Depends on your definition of "true" champions. Neither did LSU. Don't deny that. Subjective. BCS championship game.The only thing the BCS system does is provide a system in which the coaches are forced to vote for a certain team to be #1 in their poll. The Associated Press still has the right to vote for whichever team they want. College football has long had split national champions because the fact that two polls are recognized. The BCS wants you to believe that they crown a "true" national champion, but the system still has a lot of room for improvement and has yet to make the AP poll irrelevant.
All that is pretty much true, I'm not saying LSU is the national champs that year in my opinion ONLY b/c they won the BCS national title game, but they played a much tougher schedule and beat a MUCH better team in their bowl game than USC did and USC lost to a bad team (Cal that year) and played a weak schedule. LSU was more impressive overall, for the entire year, AND played in the national title game. I'm not saying USC's name should be "stricken from the records" that year, just trying to quit all that stupid "three-peat" talk b/c they were a VERY marginal choice for a SPLIT of the national title that year. LSU was the better team, but everyone just "doesn't talk about it now" so we can build this matchup with more hype.
I guarantee you if LSU won the national title last year and was going for it again this year the media would say "LSU is going for their 3rd straight national title." There really is no argument there. It was a legit split national title just like every other split national title in the history of the NCAA (which is so stupid btw).Playoff, please... playoff
So, LSU won the BCS national title game, right?? Sounds like LSU is the true champions to me, USC didn't play in the national title game. Can't deny that fact. Also, LSU was the better team anyways that year, and proved it by WINNING THE NATIONAL TITLE GAME!
No, LSU won the BCS championship game. Depends on your definition of "true" champions. Neither did LSU. Don't deny that. Subjective. BCS championship game.The only thing the BCS system does is provide a system in which the coaches are forced to vote for a certain team to be #1 in their poll. The Associated Press still has the right to vote for whichever team they want. College football has long had split national champions because the fact that two polls are recognized. The BCS wants you to believe that they crown a "true" national champion, but the system still has a lot of room for improvement and has yet to make the AP poll irrelevant.
All that is pretty much true, I'm not saying LSU is the national champs that year in my opinion ONLY b/c they won the BCS national title game, but they played a much tougher schedule and beat a MUCH better team in their bowl game than USC did and USC lost to a bad team (Cal that year) and played a weak schedule. LSU was more impressive overall, for the entire year, AND played in the national title game. I'm not saying USC's name should be "stricken from the records" that year, just trying to quit all that stupid "three-peat" talk b/c they were a VERY marginal choice for a SPLIT of the national title that year. LSU was the better team, but everyone just "doesn't talk about it now" so we can build this matchup with more hype.
I guarantee you if LSU won the national title last year and was going for it again this year the media would say "LSU is going for their 3rd straight national title." There really is no argument there. It was a legit split national title just like every other split national title in the history of the NCAA (which is so stupid btw).Playoff, please... playoff
I think we can all agree that the way the NCAA ranks teams and decides who plays who in the bowl games blows. How else does Notre Dame make it? And what about Auburn last year? Don't they get a chance to play USC for the championship too?
Uh, yeah, okay, what is your point? Of course that would happen, I'm not saying there is an "anti LSU" bias or anything. Just saying that LSU was the better team, played a tougher schedule, their loss was against a tougher opponent, they played in the national title game, and beat/dominated a better team in their bowl game. All of that leads ME to think that LSU was the legit national champion that year, while USC was just voted in by one poll. Yeah, it is a legit split, noone said it isn't.Also, I wouldn't say EVERY other split national title in history is legit, I am sure there are some politics involved at some point. Yes. PLAYOFF!!
i can't wait until USC blows out texas. i wonder what kowboykoop will say then? he is going to have so very very lame excuses just like his sorry ass chiefs not making the playoffs this year...HAHa
if this happens, I'll say congrats to USC. I won't have any excuses, I'll say I was wrong, USC won. What "excuses" have I made for the Chiefs not making the playoffs?? Please give them to me, because I have said all along that we haven't played hard enough in a few key games (Giants and Cowboys) and that we should be a better team. The ONLY excuse I could use is that Willie Roaf was hurt in the early part of the year, but I haven't even brought that up very often. I haven't made excuses, I have said we haven't played up to our potential. I don't mind you trying to give me a hard time about things, teneight, but at least try and tell the truth, instead of just making up stuff all the time and running with that. Try and think a little bit next time.Also, when do you think the Raiders will be good again??? I say about 2018....could be a while. They suck. OH yeah...that's right, you are a fan of them, but you root for them to lose.....okay.
Guest XXEddie
I know most intelligent people will think that this is as secure as W over Kerry, but in case you live in myopiaville. SC by 7 is a lock.The Longhorns are a great team, but they have beat Ohio State and nobody else. SC have beat 4 ranked teams and they stuffed one of the best offenses in the nation, UCLA. 35-21 USC with Reggie getting 250-300 all purpose yards.Erik
sry, but A....Texas will winand B, a 14 pt. win would NOT qualify as "destorying"game overtry again
I know most intelligent people will think that this is as secure as W over Kerry, but in case you live in myopiaville. SC by 7 is a lock.The Longhorns are a great team, but they have beat Ohio State and nobody else. SC have beat 4 ranked teams and they stuffed one of the best offenses in the nation, UCLA. 35-21 USC with Reggie getting 250-300 all purpose yards.Erik
sry, but A....Texas will winand B, a 14 pt. win would NOT qualify as "destorying"game overtry again
Uh oh...you said Texas is going to win, prepare to be flamed and made fun of and asked to bet on it as the only way to prove you REALLY think they will win......oh, wait a minute, you're not KowboyKoop, only he gets flamed for that. My bad. Carry on. P. S. Texas by 10.
Sorry dog, but USC will win this game.

If OSU and USC loses, I will make a post that "Rob is a sissy and needs manley love" If you lose these games then you have too post the same thread with your name. OK. fair enough.

Uh, yeah, okay, what is your point? Of course that would happen, I'm not saying there is an "anti LSU" bias or anything. Just saying that LSU was the better team, played a tougher schedule, their loss was against a tougher opponent, they played in the national title game, and beat/dominated a better team in their bowl game. All of that leads ME to think that LSU was the legit national champion that year, while USC was just voted in by one poll. Yeah, it is a legit split, noone said it isn't.Also, I wouldn't say EVERY other split national title in history is legit, I am sure there are some politics involved at some point. Yes. PLAYOFF!!
I hate quoting the whole thing, sorry.My point was that you still have to recognize USC is going for their 3rd straight national champoinship. You kept saying 2, so my point was if LSU was in USC's position everyone would still recognize it as going for 3 as well. Split national champions is exactly what it is... because it was still determined by a vote just like every other year even though there was a "BCS Title Game." And regardless of how much we both hate it being split because of a vote, you still have to recognize it.And if I overanalyzed a joke or you just making fun of USC by you saying they were going for 2 not 3 then I misread your take.
If OSU and USC loses, I will make a post that "Rob is a sissy and needs manley love" If you lose these games then you have too post the same thread with your name. OK. fair enough.
OSU!?!!? What!?!?!? A. I already have a friendly wager on the USC game..so no. And B. I am rooting for OSU to beat Notre Dame.....I don't know why you bring OSU up to me.......I hate Notre Dame. No deal, I don't even know what you are talking about, I think you are just looking for an excuse to profess your love of "manly love." It's okay, you're not the only one, go talk to teneight, he likes giving it "manly love." And when I say "manly love," I of course am referring to ***l sex.
I hate quoting the whole thing, sorry.My point was that you still have to recognize USC is going for their 3rd straight national champoinship. You kept saying 2, so my point was if LSU was in USC's position everyone would still recognize it as going for 3 as well. Split national champions is exactly what it is... because it was still determined by a vote just like every other year even though there was a "BCS Title Game." And regardless of how much we both hate it being split because of a vote, you still have to recognize it.And if I overanalyzed a joke or you just making fun of USC by you saying they were going for 2 not 3 then I misread your take.
I do recognize USC as CO-national champions, even though I do feel that LSU was the better team AND played the much tougher schedule and thus were more deserving. However, I do recognize USC's share of the title. However, I still don't really think they are going for a true "three-peat" because it was a split, that is all. By saying they are going for a "three-peat," LSU's share of the national title is basically being pushed aside and forgotten about (and that is a fact, it is hardly EVER mentioned by USC fans AND the media, which has created the illusion that USC was actually the best team that year, which they weren't). Thus, I say they are really only going for their second straight national title. In the end, it doesn't matter, b/c Texas is winning by 10. Also, yes, part of it is me just saying it to stir up the USC fans. Also, I enjoy mentioning that Alabama has more national championships too, and that their program will never equal ours in the big picture. That is fun too.
OSU!?!!? What!?!?!? A. I already have a friendly wager on the USC game..so no. And B. I am rooting for OSU to beat Notre Dame.....I don't know why you bring OSU up to me.......I hate Notre Dame. No deal, I don't even know what you are talking about, I think you are just looking for an excuse to profess your love of "manly love." It's okay, you're not the only one, go talk to teneight, he likes giving it "manly love." And when I say "manly love," I of course am referring to ***l sex.
Geez, I guess you caught me.

I'm not quoting it again, you know what I'm referring to.Agree with you on the last statement. And that is why having Split/Co-National Champions is the most pointless thing on the face of the earth.Bedtime

kowboy, i remember you complaining about that call when you played the cowboys...(( ill give you a min to remember))how many games have you called out and go wrong?? haha please stick to college football, even though you say that texas is going to win. i wont let you forget about your pick after jan. 4th.

kowboy, i remember you complaining about that call when you played the cowboys...(( ill give you a min to remember))how many games have you called out and go wrong?? haha please stick to college football, even though you say that texas is going to win. i wont let you forget about your  pick after jan. 4th.
uh..yeah, I complained about the call, and then IMMEDIATELY after that, I said that wasn't the reason we lost and that we simply should have played better. Please go look it up....you'll see that I did NOT use that as an excuse. Also, in college football in my own private little pool with some friends, I have a very good record in college football (college football is easier, admittedly, but still) and in the NFL games, my record isn't that bad...more right than wrong. I picked KC over Oakland twice..was I right there??? LOL..yeah, I was. Also, I got KC over San Diego...so...yeah, that too. Also...uh...Texas by 10. Boy, if I get that one right, I'm gonna create one thread about the actual game and how texas won, and then I'm gonna create another thread detailing how right I was and how I've been making that prediction before ANYONE else on this forum (which is true, I've been calling it for months now) and oh boy am I going to brag. It will be great.
I'm not quoting it again, you know what I'm referring to.Agree with you on the last statement.  And that is why having Split/Co-National Champions is the most pointless thing on the face of the earth.Bedtime
You agree with my last statement, which was about how great the Alabama program was!?!? Awesome, I'll remember that.sw