official kidpoker vs. dreamclown thread

right now doucheclown is getting assrammed by some guy named cactus11 on 100/200
I'm watching this right now, and it looked like cactus11 took DC down about 8-9K and then DC reloaded w/100,000 and now is at 98,900 or so. This cactus guy is way ahead in the 45 mins or so I've been watching, one hand in particular I saw DC raise on a 4 flush board with 72o no flush card.. If I do that I'm called all kinds of donkyish names :)Kinda interesting to see this much $$ change hands when I get all up in a wad when I lose a buy-in playing 50PL :club:
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you're wrong.  I would kill his bitch ass.... have you even watched how much he sucks???  It's horrid and transparent.  Give me the BR and I will wipe the floor too.  Anyone with half a brain can figure out how to beat this moron.
better get to bed, that short bus comes rather early in the morning.
Don't worry, I got a few days off.

goddammit, all of these games keep taking place when I'm asleepKeep it up daniel and if your lucky, i might just start the 13,857,375,983rd thread about this battle (just kidding steve, gov, kdwag, don't ban me :-) )

you don't have the bankroll to play him because you don't have the skill to play him(neither do I), same with 99.99999% of this forum, all of this trash talking saying Dreamclown and the G.C.C. are bad players is amusing.
Speak for yourself....The guy doesn't three bet for christ's sake....The guy is transparent....
you don't have the bankroll to play him because you don't have the skill to play him(neither do I), same with 99.99999% of this forum, all of this trash talking saying Dreamclown and the G.C.C. are bad players is amusing.
Speak for yourself....The guy doesn't three bet for christ's sake....The guy is transparent....
THANK YOU!!!
transparent, funny, amusing, play him then and prove you have the skill.
just a thought~wonder if daniel will test the protege by challenging dreamclown ?it would be cool to see how the protege winner match up against dreamclown~im assuming dn will back the protege?
While, I'm sure Daniel has a ton of money and all, backing someone who won a prize in a series of NLHE tournaments, to play high stakes HULHE probably isn't what's considered, a "Good idea".
just a thought~wonder if daniel will test the protege by challenging dreamclown ?it would be cool to see how the protege winner match up against dreamclown~im assuming dn will back the protege?
While, I'm sure Daniel has a ton of money and all, backing someone who won a prize in a series of NLHE tournaments, to play high stakes HULHE probably isn't what's considered, a "Good idea".
it can be like the final exam or something~ lol

While dreamclowns game seems pretty transparent sometimes while watching it I think its a bit of a stretch to say hes awful. He applies a lot of pressure post flop and his turn and river play seem real good. Guy just seems to loose preflop and hes killing himself by not 3-betting. Saw a few hands were he had AK in the bb just called the original raise and called down with A high while DN hit some crap pair with 34. The post flop play is a lot closer then people are making it out to. Sure DN takes down the majority of the real big pots but DC controls a lot of the action and is relatively solid. HULHE is a tough thing to watch and judge because if you watch enough hands you'll see them make some mistakes since their are so many options each hand.Can DC's style tend to be transparent? sure, but its a lot harder calling down with bottom pair and hands like Q high when you're in the action rather then watching it.

Hollywood Poker is a good skin and the little old granny character DC is using now while playing cactus11 is funny. DC has $96.1K and cactus11 has $22.2K. DC just asked him to play 250/500. No response from cactus11.

Hollywood Poker is a good skin and the little old granny character DC is using now while playing cactus11 is funny. DC has $96.1K and cactus11 has $22.2K. DC just asked him to play 250/500. No response from cactus11.
were they playing 500/1k at the time?

They are playing $100/$200 at cactus11's table. DC is sitting at $250/$500 and $500/$1,000 aswell.

i agree w/ allin. i think it's hilarious how everyone thinks dc is such a fish. Tehre's a reason why he plays the highest limits online and he hasn't gone broke... DN obviously can match him skillwise, pplaying higher limits regularly, but to say that DN will own this match seems ridiculous. Variance is a two-headed monster, and DN will endure the good and the bad. All the forum memebers playing 3-6 and 5-10 saying they'd own DC? please be serious.

i agree w/ allin. i think it's hilarious how everyone thinks dc is such a fish. Tehre's a reason why he plays the highest limits online and he hasn't gone broke... DN obviously can match him skillwise, pplaying higher limits regularly, but to say that DN will own this match seems ridiculous. Variance is a two-headed monster, and DN will endure the good and the bad. All the forum memebers playing 3-6 and 5-10 saying they'd own DC? please be serious.
Let's see...his style is transparent....um....that means you can see what he's going to do........he doesnt mix it up often.....um..........ya. Doesnt take a genius to realize that he's not that great.

it seems that daniel´s strategy is working out psychologically, because dc is on class a tilt right now. i just watched the last 50ish hands of his match with cactus and...has anyone on here ever capped a river with 9 high?

You guys that think DC is a bad player are mistaken. His style of play would work against 99% of the players he plays against. The reason why you're seeing him not be successful here is not because he sucks, but rather Daniel has experience and the poker sense to overcome his style. Daniel is constantly switching gears and throwing different gears at him and it's a difficult style to play unless you really know what you're doing.DC does do the same things constantly and I think his never folding pre-flop is flawed, but in a sense it's still optimal play against a lesser skilled opponent. You're getting 3:1 odds to call a raise from the BB and you'll generally never be a 3:1 underdog when headsup. The majority of players would not be able to cope with DC's aggressiveness, it's a lot of guess work and you'll be paying off lots of his hands. If you've watched him play, he typically gets full value for all his hands for the most part. If you are not able to switch gears and keep him off balance, he'd eventually break you. There's a reason why he's been successful up to this point and that's because he's able to bust people with his style.The problem I think with DC against Daniel is that he is not willing to adapt and is too stuck in his ways as to what he thinks is optmal play. I feel Daniel will keep grinding away at his bankroll until he either smartens up and adapts or goes bust.

I think DC's a very talented player, but he's just used to using an exploitive strategy to take advantage of "scared money" players who are playing over their bankroll. When he's up against a very good player like DN who is used to playing limits 8 times higher then what they're playing, the strategy just doesn't work the same way.Dreamclown's just learning that there's a difference between being a winning high-limit player online and being one of the best in the world, (like DN). There's a reason that Negreanu is comfortable playing HU challenge matches for more than DC's entire roll. It's because he's so good at HULHE that he knows no one in the world will have much of an advantage over him.Now, if all these people that are calling DC out sat with him at somewhere around his stakes where they felt uncomfortable, I bet they'd be likely to get run over just like many of the people DC's faced previously. Unless you at least play HULHE on a regular basis, and are a winning player at the 15/30 level and higher, saying you'd be able to beat up on DC is pretty silly. I mean if you're that good, you should be playing HE matches at those limits, because you can rake in a ton of money.

I think DC's a very talented player, but he's just used to using an exploitive strategy to take advantage of "scared money" players who are playing over their bankroll. When he's up against a very good player like DN who is used to playing limits 8 times higher then what they're playing, the strategy just doesn't work the same way.Dreamclown's just learning that there's a difference between being a winning high-limit player online and being one of the best in the world, (like DN). There's a reason that Negreanu is comfortable playing HU challenge matches for more than DC's entire roll. It's because he's so good at HULHE that he knows no one in the world will have much of an advantage over him.Now, if all these people that are calling DC out sat with him at somewhere around his stakes where they felt uncomfortable, I bet they'd be likely to get run over just like many of the people DC's faced previously. Unless you at least play HULHE on a regular basis, and are a winning player at the 15/30 level and higher, saying you'd be able to beat up on DC is pretty silly. I mean if you're that good, you should be playing HE matches at those limits, because you can rake in a ton of money.
What he does isn't only effective against players with scared money, it's effective against pretty much anyone unless they have a lot of experience and know how to counteract his style.His strategy is one that's used by many good players. I use something real similar when playing HU. I'm generally not folding any hand other than the 72, 83, 92 offsuits. It's easy to sit here and say call down with A high, be aggressive with your big hands and etc, but when you're actually playing against someone constantly on the attack, it's very hard to deal with. You're going to look silly very often against an opponent like this, because you never really know what he has and sometimes you'll make a play at him when he has the nuts and look like an idiot doing it. You need to constantly mix it up against an opponent like this or you'll get eaten up.I would think nobody on here could actually beat DC over the longrun besides Daniel probably. This guy's logged in hours and hours of play, he's been doing this for 3 yrs and it's all he does. Unless you have a wealth of experience playing against a ton of different opponents at the highest levels like Daniel, you stand no chance against DC in the longrun.
You guys that think DC is a bad player are mistaken. His style of play would work against 99% of the players he plays against. The reason why you're seeing him not be successful here is not because he sucks, but rather Daniel has experience and the poker sense to overcome his style. Daniel is constantly switching gears and throwing different gears at him and it's a difficult style to play unless you really know what you're doing.DC does do the same things constantly and I think his never folding pre-flop is flawed, but in a sense it's still optimal play against a lesser skilled opponent. You're getting 3:1 odds to call a raise from the BB and you'll generally never be a 3:1 underdog when headsup. The majority of players would not be able to cope with DC's aggressiveness, it's a lot of guess work and you'll be paying off lots of his hands. If you've watched him play, he typically gets full value for all his hands for the most part. If you are not able to switch gears and keep him off balance, he'd eventually break you. There's a reason why he's been successful up to this point and that's because he's able to bust people with his style.The problem I think with DC against Daniel is that he is not willing to adapt and is too stuck in his ways as to what he thinks is optmal play. I feel Daniel will keep grinding away at his bankroll until he either smartens up and adapts or goes bust.
I knew there had to be a reason you always bust me in the FCP toureys, you really know your stuff! In all seriousness, your post is dead on. His style WILL and DOES work against average to good players. His success using it, though, must have given him a false sense of the optimal way to play against an experienced player. When I play him, I switch gears constantly. Sometimes 3-betting, sometimes calling, sometimes leading out, sometimes check-raising, etc. He has played several hands very poorly because I am playing head games with him. Making him THINK he's recognized a pattern, when that wasn't the case at all.