• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Poker night is always good. Hope you catch cards. We went to play last night in a tourney. $65 buy-in, I took second for $660. That will come in handy since the meet starts at the Saratoga Raceway. Opening day at the flat track is always fun.
Very nice score. I finished up about $60.00. Would have been about $100 but in the last hour I lost FH to Straight Flush and FH to 4 of a kind. I of course was betting into both hands thinking I should be yelling "Fish on!" when if fact i was the fish.
Roger, I know what you mean about not posting certain things on fb. That being said, for some posts I limit my permissions, for example the thread on my page today that devolved into a discussion of Josh's nipples. The safer place to post is the fcpha group. I'll make sure you're invited if you're not already, but only group members can see those posts. Universal studios was a blast. Plus, my grandma brought her walker because she's fighting her sciatica right now so we didn't have to wait in any lines. It was awesome. The new King Kong 3D part of the Studio Tour that was directed by Peter Jackson was well done and the new Transformers ride was a real trip.We are enjoying San Luis Obispo now, relaxing and seeing movies. The coast is gorgeous as usual and the weather has been great. It would be better if Dave was here. I miss him.
Thanks K. Just so you know though, for some jobs you can be required to turn over your FB password during a background check, allowing your respective employer full and complete access to your FB life.There are several wineries in the SLO area I have a desire to visit. Have fun in the sun.
Very nice score. I finished up about $60.00. Would have been about $100 but in the last hour I lost FH to Straight Flush and FH to 4 of a kind. I of course was betting into both hands thinking I should be yelling "Fish on!" when if fact i was the fish.
Boats are so dangerous!

Busy night last night. Some idiot stole a F350 truck and rolled it into the bay. Totalled the truck. Lots of drunken shenanigans going on. I'm working 9 days straight with no OT but I do get 4 days off at the end of the run to help make up for it. I'm almost completely moved in and finding that I have too damn much stuff. I'm thinking of having a garage sale on Saturday.Speaking of garage sales. I miss garage sales and auctions. I used to enjoy treasure hunting on the weekends. I worked at an antique auction for 2 years. My stepfather owned it. I could see myself doing auctions and garage sales then resaling stuff as a psuedo-hobby/business after I retire.

Is it the weekend? No, it's not. So where is everyone? Oh, that's right, everyone hangs out on FB now. I went to the FB page and saw no recent posts. Does everyone do the chat thing or is the FCPHA singing it's deathknell? I truly do hope to get out sometime and put a live face to the names, faces, and stories of the last few years. Living in the middle of nowhere makes it difficult and expensive to get out, even with lots of advanced notice.I will be traveling to CA in late Oct. early Nov. for my little brothers wedding. We may go to either Las Vegas or Tahoe for a bachelor thing. That is my only planned trip this year. I'm trying to save my money for retirement. That and we are so short handed right now we have been denying all vacations over 2 weeks. With the cost of travelling off island, 2 weeks is the absolute minimum time you want to take off.

Is it the weekend? No, it's not. So where is everyone? Oh, that's right, everyone hangs out on FB now. I went to the FB page and saw no recent posts. Does everyone do the chat thing or is the FCPHA singing it's deathknell? I truly do hope to get out sometime and put a live face to the names, faces, and stories of the last few years. Living in the middle of nowhere makes it difficult and expensive to get out, even with lots of advanced notice.I will be traveling to CA in late Oct. early Nov. for my little brothers wedding. We may go to either Las Vegas or Tahoe for a bachelor thing. That is my only planned trip this year. I'm trying to save my money for retirement. That and we are so short handed right now we have been denying all vacations over 2 weeks. With the cost of travelling off island, 2 weeks is the absolute minimum time you want to take off.
Sad to say, but I think it's this. Most of us probably don't even play poker much if at all anymore. I have played live once early this year, and a few sessions last year after Stars shut down.Plus with studying for the CPA, I just haven't had much time for anything else. Hopefully we can get a decent turnout for a Vegas trip next summer. I doubt this thread ever gets back to what it was before though.
Sad to say, but I think it's this. Most of us probably don't even play poker much if at all anymore. I have played live once early this year, and a few sessions last year after Stars shut down.Plus with studying for the CPA, I just haven't had much time for anything else. Hopefully we can get a decent turnout for a Vegas trip next summer. I doubt this thread ever gets back to what it was before though.
So it's the Federal Govt's fault for shutting down Stars! Damn Govt. We should all move to Canada and build a compound...oh yeah, that idea has been done...except not in Canada.
So it's the Federal Govt's fault for shutting down Stars! Damn Govt. We should all move to Canada and build a compound...oh yeah, that idea has been done...except not in Canada.
Really wish Stars was still around. But after finding out more about Full Tilt I can understand why they just shut everything down.I'll still blame the gov't for not realizing what a huge income stream online poker could have been 6+ years ago and doing something about it then.Too cold in Canada, we need an island.
I didn't get to do wine tasting. This was definitely a family trip. I did go through a bottle while lounging at the house, though. It was called Medium Rare and was a local (Paso Robles) red. Not bad.The thread isn't accessible to a lot of folks during the workday and facebook is. Also, like Dustin says, since online poker is illegal, we don't play much and therefore don't spend much time on fcp in general. I think with me, Norm and Dustin being graduated next summer, a Vegas trip looks more likely. Save your monies! Also, Ren will likely have more vacation time next year. Her brother's wedding cruise is eating up a solid week this year. That being said, DON'T leave. We can all post a little for the fun of it and keep it going, albeit much more slowly than in years past. Moving always made me get rid of stuff. How's the new place?

So I go to the allergist tomorrow to see what is making me hive up and nearly suffocate on random occasions. Thankfully, despite some itchiness in the weeks following my ER trip in June, I haven't had to make use of the Epi Pen. I just hope we can figure something out. This new allergist was recommended to me by the wife of a co-worker who suffers from similar symptoms.

I got new bras in the mail today. They are cute.Also, Chicken helped me solve a printer mystery. He dropped everything the moment I texted. Does that mean he like likes me? :club:

Really wish Stars was still around. But after finding out more about Full Tilt I can understand why they just shut everything down.I'll still blame the gov't for not realizing what a huge income stream online poker could have been 6+ years ago and doing something about it then.Too cold in Canada, we need an island.
Yes, I miss online poker as well. I still have like $40 on Stars. I tried to get it off but they wont send a check for that little and I refuse to give my bank account info, so I guess that money is gone. I am still hoping that the US Govt. sees the potential in online poker and reistates it to some extent. Time will tell.
  • Like 1
I didn't get to do wine tasting. This was definitely a family trip. I did go through a bottle while lounging at the house, though. It was called Medium Rare and was a local (Paso Robles) red. Not bad.The thread isn't accessible to a lot of folks during the workday and facebook is. Also, like Dustin says, since online poker is illegal, we don't play much and therefore don't spend much time on fcp in general. I think with me, Norm and Dustin being graduated next summer, a Vegas trip looks more likely. Save your monies! Also, Ren will likely have more vacation time next year. Her brother's wedding cruise is eating up a solid week this year. That being said, DON'T leave. We can all post a little for the fun of it and keep it going, albeit much more slowly than in years past. Moving always made me get rid of stuff. How's the new place?
I am really liking some of the wine coming out of Paso Robles/SLO area. I have done no tasting in that area though because if I'm in CA I'm in the Napa Valley. The Napa Valley is pretty much my favorite place to vacation. I even named by German Shepherd "Napa." Oh, I'll hang around. I get the whole place to myself. I'll make a concerted effort to make the next Vegas get together. A lot depends on the next few months. Lots of irons in the fire. If the gf gets the job she just applied for then we will probably be staying for another 5 years. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about that but financially it will be a good thing.The new place has the best view in town. I'll have to take a picture and post it if I can remember how.
So I go to the allergist tomorrow to see what is making me hive up and nearly suffocate on random occasions. Thankfully, despite some itchiness in the weeks following my ER trip in June, I haven't had to make use of the Epi Pen. I just hope we can figure something out. This new allergist was recommended to me by the wife of a co-worker who suffers from similar symptoms.
Good luck with the allergy thing. I've never been allergic to anything but have responded to numerous emergency calls which were allergy related, scary stuff.

Bees, morphine (prob all opiates) , some molds and yeasts (Bud stuffs me up)

Well its Friday and wonder of wonders, It is actually my Friday as well. I am off for the next 4 days but I will be very busy. I have a few items still in the apartment and I have to clean the apartment. I also have to crawl under the house and and run new cable to the living room and back bedroom. I am not looking forward to that. I then have to weed eat the entire property so I can start building a fence for the dogs. I am looking forward to that. I enjoy yard work and building things.Everyone have a safe and enjoyable weekend.

Do you carry an Epi Pen as well?
Bee venom allergies get worse every time you are stung and after my last sting I could really feel the effects in my throat so the doctor suggested I carry one when away from civilization (you never know what the next one will be like) so I carry one when camping and also have one in my golf bag.I'm really not specifically allergic to morphine it's just really effective in slowing down my respiration and heart beat. It almost killed me when I was in the hospital 20 years ago when I had pancreatitis. That's why my injected painkiller of choice is demerol.

Sorry I've been kinda MIA, but life's just been pretty boring lately. Work sucks, it's still really slow so we're not making much money.I go out drinking a few nights a week. Other than that, I stay home in the A/C since it's like 100 degrees every day.They're making us rebid for shifts at work.Again.Pretty sure I'm getting screwed.Again.Yes, at work. Not in a good way.