FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

I got fan mail on my website!"YESTERDAY I PLAYED IN YOUR LEAGUE FOR THE FIRST TIME. tODAY i WENT BACK TO THE VENUE (ABOUT TIME) I GOT THERE 2 1/2 MINUTES INTO THE FIRST BLIND AND THE LITTLE SHIT RUNNING THE GAME WOULD NOT LET ME IN. YESTERDAY, AT THE TABLE I WAS PLAYING, THERE WERE 2 PLAYERS TO COME IN LATE (AT LEAST 5+ MINUTES) AND THEY SAT DOWN AND PLAYED. WHAT KIND OF LEAGUE IS THIS. IF YOU ARE GOING TO SHOW THIS KIND OF PREJUDICE I WILL NOT BRING ANY OF MY FRIENDS TO ANY OF YOUR GAMES "
Everybody loves you.
IMA GET MY BOOOOOOOOOOOOYS AFTER YOU!
Did someone use the word superfreak?
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

I got fan mail on my website!"YESTERDAY I PLAYED IN YOUR LEAGUE FOR THE FIRST TIME. tODAY i WENT BACK TO THE VENUE (ABOUT TIME) I GOT THERE 2 1/2 MINUTES INTO THE FIRST BLIND AND THE LITTLE SHIT RUNNING THE GAME WOULD NOT LET ME IN. YESTERDAY, AT THE TABLE I WAS PLAYING, THERE WERE 2 PLAYERS TO COME IN LATE (AT LEAST 5+ MINUTES) AND THEY SAT DOWN AND PLAYED. WHAT KIND OF LEAGUE IS THIS. IF YOU ARE GOING TO SHOW THIS KIND OF PREJUDICE I WILL NOT BRING ANY OF MY FRIENDS TO ANY OF YOUR GAMES "
If someone calls ahead, do you blind them out? And if so, how many blind levels?
Sounds like he's calling you a racist.
If someone calls ahead, do you blind them out? And if so, how many blind levels?
Response:I played with you and ran the game on Saturday. I remember you (and your hat) well because you were a new player and seemed to play really well.I am hoping that Kenny (the guy running Sundays game) took the time to explain our rules to you, but based on the tone of this email I am taking it that he did not.The blame on this goes 100% to me as my tournament directors just enforce the rules that I put in place.Once we start the tournament clock we do not allow any late entries into the tournament (even 30 seconds late). The exception to this, which happens almost every game, is if you contact me, the bar or the tournament director BEFORE the clock starts. In that case we will put you into the computer and put you a stack of chips in play. Those chips will remain in play for the first blind level (15 minutes). If you have not arrived within those 15 minutes then we pick up your chips and you can no longer enter the tournament.I believe we need to do a better job communicating this policy with first time players and I take responsibility for that as I should have explained that to you personally when you signed the new player form.The reason I have this rule in place is I have played in too many leagues where some people were allowed in late, some people were not, etc. The inconsistency is bad for the league and the game. Like the rule or not, you can certainly not argue that I am not consistent with it.My personal cell phone number is XXX-XXXX. You can call me or text me if you are ever running late (even if I'm not personally running the game) and I will make sure you get a seat as long as the tournament hasn't started yet.I apologize for that poor experience and I hope you will give my league another chance. As I opened, you seem to have a good understanding of the game and I look forward to getting to know you better.I personally run the games on Friday nights, Saturday afternoons and Monday nights. I have tournament directors in place for all of the other nights.I truly appreciate you taking the time to email and share your experience as I hope I can curb experiences like this from happening in the future.His Response:Alan,Thanks for the quick reply, I understand. See you Saturday.

Evening all. Home from work. Nothing terribly exciting going on.Hit a parlay Sunday on Balt +7 and the under in that game (really lucky, had no business winning that bet) and made some cash. Been awhile since I bet on a game.Going to catch up on the last 3 days.

Come visit on March 24th and we'll go!
They have roller derby Saturday nights at the Washington Avenue Armory right around the corner from my house.
Turns out I was wrong. My buddy told me they have roller derby at a rink like 20 minutes from my house.
I'm assuming you're the little shit?
Looks like you made a trip to Whole Foods.
I did not. There's a few beer places by my that have great varieties. Also, my mom and Marlo got me beer of the month clubs for Christmas. We also did a beer exchange for my mom's side of the family for Christmas.
I did not. There's a few beer places by my that have great varieties. Also, my mom and Marlo got me beer of the month clubs for Christmas. We also did a beer exchange for my mom's side of the family for Christmas.
Beer motherload.
Beer snob brag picture time! Variety I have in my house right now...WXj2jIBdspeBLgYV7jTK.png
awesome, I LOVE trying new beers. These are all fairly common, but these were the types of beer we took to Gatlinburg:VSrPyP-stRRhsLr6J-3C.png