• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Not playing in the NFL equals not being able to get a job, period? Professional sports is an inalienable right? Didn't the guy go to college? Is he not able bodied? "I can't get fired for dogfighting but I can get fired for going to jail.." Oh, okay.. MAKES SENSE. I don't think I've ever missed Jeffrey as much as I do right now.
I never said being in the NFL was an inalienable right. I think he has been punished enough, that's it. If you think he hasn't that's fine, but don't be a bitch about it cause I don't agree with you.I could run a underground dog fighting club/group whatever you want to call it and my job wouldn't do a anything about it because it wouldn't stop me from showing up to work or affect my performance. They don't care what I do in my free time now. I'm not on call, so it's none of their business.I'm sorry you miss your role model who has to back you up on everything, someday you will be able to have your own conversations without name calling and crying. If for some reason you think what Dickman says about anything gets to me in any way you're sadly mistaken.Feel free to turn into a grammar Nazi on this post too.
I could run a underground dog fighting club/group whatever you want to call it and my job wouldn't do a anything about it
I wasn't going to get involved in this, but do you REALLY believe this?
Is this too tight?During current Hold'em session you were dealt 49 hands and saw flop: - 0 out of 4 times while in big blind (0%) - 0 out of 5 times while in small blind (0%) - 2 out of 40 times in other positions (5%) - a total of 2 out of 49 (4%) Pots won at showdown - 0 of 0 (0%) Pots won without showdown - 1
Maybe a bit
PokerStars Tournament #180540742, No Limit Hold'emBuy-In: $50.00/$5.001603 playersTotal Prize Pool: $80150.00 Tournament started 2009/07/20 21:30:00 ETDear Voldy,You finished the tournament in 15th place. A USD 561.06 award has been credited to your Real Money account.You earned 279.23 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/leader-board/Congratulations!Thank you for participating.
Grats
Yea, more today! :club:
lol
Are you trying to make us all say "What the fuck are you talking about?" or is this an accident?
If I was running an any type of illegal operation in my spare time I sure as fuck wouldn't bring it up at work. You think I'd walk into my bosses office and be like "Hey I'm having a fight between a pitbull and a rot tonight, wanna come over?"
I could run a underground dog fighting club/group whatever you want to call it and my job wouldn't do a anything about it because it wouldn't stop me from showing up to work or affect my performance. They don't care what I do in my free time now. I'm not on call, so it's none of their business.
I doubt this. But anyway, let's not compare our jobs to an NFL player. Your story might make page 9 of the local paper right next to the story about the grain truck that tipped over. The NFL has to think about image/sponsors/media ect.
If I was running an any type of illegal operation in my spare time I sure as fuck wouldn't bring it up at work. You think I'd walk into my bosses office and be like "Hey I'm having a fight between a pitbull and a rot tonight, wanna come over?"
If you got caught how are you going to explain that you will be in court for a week or so and possible jail time?
I'm seriously confused as to why you think my job would even know if I was doing something like that.
So you're trying to compare you doing something without getting caught and Vick getting caught and doing prison time? Oh
If you got caught how are you going to explain that you will be in court for a week or so and possible jail time?
My job might be an exception, but I have flex and vacation time that I can use with an hours notice and no explanation needed.Also, don't get caught.
So you're trying to compare you doing something without getting caught and Vick getting caught and doing prison time? Oh
I wasn't comparing anything. I was explaining that if I was doing something illegal outside of my job, they wouldn't have a clue I was doing it. It's not my companies job to monitor what I do outside of the designated hours I agree to work for them.Here is what would happen if I did get arrested for a running a dog fight club.Since I have no criminal record, I'd get off with a slap on the wrist. I'm not famous so I wouldn't get an inflated punishment to send a message. I'd probably be able to get down to probation and miss minimal time at work for court dates which I could cover with flex and vacation time. I'd be back at work the next day.
I could run a underground dog fighting club/group whatever you want to call it and my job wouldn't do a anything about it because it wouldn't stop me from showing up to work or affect my performance. They don't care what I do in my free time now. I'm not on call, so it's none of their business.
I wasn't going to get involved in this, but do you REALLY believe this?
Do you think I would tell them I was doing it?
Yeah...Josh, It's none of their business until you get caught. You could say the same for any illegal activity (dealing drugs, running a prostitution ring, etc.). If you're doing any of those things and are still able to perform your job, you're partially right - but your employer only doesn't care because they probably don't know what you're doing outside of work. But after you're convicted and sent to jail for nearly two years, I'd be shocked if your company welcomed you back upon your release. I don't remember what the original question was at this point. But if it was, "Should Vick be reinstated into the NFL?" then I wouldn't even blink an eye if Goodelll told him to hit the road. If Goodell let him back in immediately, that wouldn't surprise me either. The bottom line is he was an employee of the NFL, and that's Goodell's company and therefore his call on who gets to work for him. Renae made a good point that Vick has probably already been punished much more because of who he is, so if you want to argue that "he paid his debt to society", I'm on board. But that doesn't mean his former employer automatically has to forgive and forget. There are lots of ex-cons who have been rehabilitated and are worthy of a second chance and many companies that are willing to give them that chance, but I don't think any company is obligated to do so. Especially if the ex-con lied to them about the situation previously. An example (and forgive me, because this is sort of a stretch, but I think it works):Say I live in a small town. I'm married and I suspect my wife has been cheating. Somebody says they see her leaving Steve's house late one night when I think she's working late. I ask her if she's cheating and she denies it. My accusation destroys our trust and we each hire lawyers for the divorce. During the divorce process, I produce photographic evidence of her having cheated from a private investigator I hired when I was suspicious. She's guilty, and I "win" our divorce case. Since it's a small town, everyone knows. She's an adulterer. After the divorce is final, she takes some time to think about what she's done and wants to try again with me. Even if she really seems like she's changed, am I likely to give her another chance? It's unlikely, but maybe. But certainly nobody would expect me to do so. But, every other guy in town knows what she did, too, and they're perfectly free to say, "Fuck it, I'll give her a shot." And that's their decision if they weigh the risk and determine she's worth the chance. If somebody wants to give Vick a chance, that's cool. It's their call. But I don't think anybody should expect the NFL to reinstate him just because he paid his debt to society.
What the fuck are you talking about?
I'd be back at work the next day.
Then you work for an extremely forgiving company. If I miss time for court and am convicted of any federal crime, whether I get a slap on the wrist or two year's jail time, I'm not going to be working for that company anymore.
Yeah...Josh, It's none of their business until you get caught. You could say the same for any illegal activity (dealing drugs, running a prostitution ring, etc.). If you're doing any of those things and are still able to perform your job, you're partially right - but your employer only doesn't care because they probably don't know what you're doing outside of work. But after you're convicted and sent to jail for nearly two years, I'd be shocked if your company welcomed you back upon your release. I don't remember what the original question was at this point. But if it was, "Should Vick be reinstated into the NFL?" then I wouldn't even blink an eye if Goodelll told him to hit the road. If Goodell let him back in immediately, that wouldn't surprise me either. The bottom line is he was an employee of the NFL, and that's Goodell's company and therefore his call on who gets to work for him. Renae made a good point that Vick has probably already been punished much more because of who he is, so if you want to argue that "he paid his debt to society", I'm on board. But that doesn't mean his former employer automatically has to forgive and forget. There are lots of ex-cons who have been rehabilitated and are worthy of a second chance and many companies that are willing to give them that chance, but I don't think any company is obligated to do so. Especially if the ex-con lied to them about the situation previously. An example (and forgive me, because this is sort of a stretch, but I think it works):Say I live in a small town. I'm married and I suspect my wife has been cheating. Somebody says they see her leaving Steve's house late one night when I think she's working late. I ask her if she's cheating and she denies it. My accusation destroys our trust and we each hire lawyers for the divorce. During the divorce process, I produce photographic evidence of her having cheated from a private investigator I hired when I was suspicious. She's guilty, and I "win" our divorce case. Since it's a small town, everyone knows. She's an adulterer. After the divorce is final, she takes some time to think about what she's done and wants to try again with me. Even if she really seems like she's changed, am I likely to give her another chance? It's unlikely, but maybe. But certainly nobody would expect me to do so. But, every other guy in town knows what she did, too, and they're perfectly free to say, "Fuck it, I'll give her a shot." And that's their decision if they weigh the risk and determine she's worth the chance. If somebody wants to give Vick a chance, that's cool. It's their call. But I don't think anybody should expect the NFL to reinstate him just because he paid his debt to society.
Hickens LOVE Analogies!
What the fuck are you talking about?
:club:

All I'll say is, the guy I knew did nothing wrong, was on his on time and there were no issues with job performance WHATSOEVER and he was still let go. No questions asked. The company made up their mind and chose to go with. Most states are "right to work" states and they need no reason to act.

Then you work for an extremely forgiving company. If I miss time for court and am convicted of any federal crime, whether I get a slap on the wrist or two year's jail time, I'm not going to be working for that company anymore.
I know a guy who had the FBI raid his house for a pretty silly crime and that dude actually went to work that same day. He went on to get convicted of a felony and 3 years probation and his company was pretty damn cool about the whole thing.