• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Toni and I saw Tommy Chong at a comedy club here a couple years ago and he was hilarious. Got my poster signed by him afterwards and he was just as funny sitting at the table signing stuff.Islands for everyone.
I saw him do stand up at bar here once too.. He really was hilarious
Proving once again it's not what you know, but who you know.I contacted the PR guy at the local hospital, mentioned I'd hurt my knee and just got put on the MRI list. I was wondering what the average wait time was.First, the bad news. Avg. wait time is 120 days.The good news, however, is he'll put me on the cancellation list so I'll be among the first to get a call should a spot open up earlier. The MRI runs about 18 hours a day, seven days a week, so I could get a call with as little as a couple hours notice anytime.fingers crossed.
But you didn't really "know" the PR guy, did you? So really you didn't prove anything once again. You proved that calling a PR guy at a hospital can get you on a cancellation list. Kudos.
But you didn't really "know" the PR guy, did you? So really you didn't prove anything once again. You proved that calling a PR guy at a hospital can get you on a cancellation list. Kudos.
I've met with him personally and we would be considered 'professional acquaintances'. It wasn't a cold call.

Morning.

Doug, everyone has given great advice and support thus far so I'll just wish you the best with it. Everyone is stronger than they think when they have to be.
Well said. Nothing I can add other than to wish you the best as you go through this Doug.
Workout time, then fishing time. Then the bastards are going to barbecue filets and make me drink around the fire pit.
Rough day. :club:
You know, I'm cheap.
Not true. I saw you buy a round at the Palazzo. That place isn't exactly O'Shea's.
Proving once again it's not what you know, but who you know.I contacted the PR guy at the local hospital, mentioned I'd hurt my knee and just got put on the MRI list. I was wondering what the average wait time was.First, the bad news. Avg. wait time is 120 days.The good news, however, is he'll put me on the cancellation list so I'll be among the first to get a call should a spot open up earlier. The MRI runs about 18 hours a day, seven days a week, so I could get a call with as little as a couple hours notice anytime.fingers crossed.
GL on sucking out on everyone else on the list Blue.
Not true. I saw you buy a round at the Palazzo. That place isn't exactly O'Shea's.
Well, I've had this discussion with Renae. I'm cheap with some stuff so I can have more money to spend on "fun" stuff. It's just a matter of priorities. I'd rather have the extra money so I can have a good time in Vegas without worrying about it breaking my bank. Plus I have internet 8 hours a day at work and enough free time to use it for anything I need.

Heading out to work early today. Annual re-orientation meeting before my shift.This might be the dumbest thing they make us do every year in our birthday month.They're basically saying, "Happy Birthday! To celebrate, you're forced to attend a boring 1 1/2 hr meeting and we're taking $50 out of your next paycheck (to renew our gaming license)." To soften the blow, there will be birthday cake though./rantHave a good one.

w00t my shamwows came today!
Are they really as good as on the commercial?? I wanted to get some.
I was going to send this by PM to a few people, but I figure for those that don't want to read it, I'll just put it in white. I just have a couple of questions about the upcoming few days...- How'd you get to sleep? I haven't slept in about 24 hours (slept 5 of the last 48 total). Every time I try to sleep, my mind focuses in on it and I can't stop.- Has anyone ever done a catholic funeral? We're supposed to pick scripture readings and I can't get through the first few lines without having to get up and walk away. Any advice on getting through them, other than "tough it out?"- How'd you get through the visitation and funeral? Like...seeing him and stuff? I can't even think about seeing him, or being there without...you know, but I don't want to start crying in front of everybody.Thanks guys.
I'm just going to be brief b/c the others have done a good job already, but here's my opinion.Sleep will come, when you're tired enough, and done enough, you will sleep. Nothing wrong with taking some sleeping pills or something. As difficult as it is, you can control your mind. Just try really really hard to think about something, someone else, your mom for example. Don't get so stuck in your own head.I've never done a catholic funeral, but if you're not comfortable with doing a reading don't. This funeral is a remembrance for the people who are still alive. It's for you and your mom and your siblings. At the visitation, before everyone gets there, take your time with him alone if you want. Cry then, and no one can see you. Take the time that you need. When people start to arrive, then stand somewhere where you can't see him. Though you may take comfort from being close to him aswell. Play it by ear, people will understand if you're not yourself.Hundreds of hugs going out to you today man, seriously, you'll get through it.
Heading out to work early today. Annual re-orientation meeting before my shift.This might be the dumbest thing they make us do every year in our birthday month.They're basically saying, "Happy Birthday! To celebrate, you're forced to attend a boring 1 1/2 hr meeting and we're taking $50 out of your next paycheck (to renew our gaming license)." To soften the blow, there will be birthday cake though./rantHave a good one.
Mmmmm cake. It better be atleast a $45 cake.To add to the injury total, last night Sam broke one of his molars. He lost a filling about six months ago and has been too lazy to get it fixed properly, so last night he cracked it or something, so he's off at the dentist to get it pulled. Goof.
To add to the injury total, last night Sam broke one of his molars. He lost a filling about six months ago and has been too lazy to get it fixed properly, so last night he cracked it or something, so he's off at the dentist to get it pulled. Goof.
Weird. I dreamed that one of my molars fell out last night.
Are they really as good as on the commercial?? I wanted to get some.
I don't know I didn't try one yet.
I thought you didn't have realistic dreams?
I usually just don't remember details of any of my dreams, but the ones I do remember usually make no sense at all. The tooth/teeth falling out one is a recurring dream I have. I'm not a fan.
I don't know I didn't try one yet.
Well let me know. Olympic divers use them you know!!
yes.
I concur.
I usually just don't remember details of any of my dreams, but the ones I do remember usually make no sense at all. The tooth/teeth falling out one is a recurring dream I have. I'm not a fan.
That's supposed to mean something. I've heard other people have that as a recurring dream.
teeth falling out dreams is "supposed" to mean you have money issues on your brain.I dont know if I buy that stuff but thats what "they" say

For Brett, from Dreammood.com:One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you. Sadly, we live in a world where good looks are valued highly and your teeth play an important role in conveying that image. Teeth are used in the game of flirtations, whether it be a dazzling and gleaming smile or affectionate necking. These dreams may stem from a fear of your sexual impotence or the consequences of getting old. Teeth are an important feature of our attractiveness and presentation to others. Everybody worries about how they appear to others. Caring about our appearance is natural and healthy.Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety.Something you want to share????