• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

What is the name of Indianapolis's racing team?
So it should have been called the best team sport city. Not the best sports city.BTW I'm not suggesting we be in the top five or even ten but we should be much higher than 20th.
So it should have been called the best team sport city. Not the best sports city.BTW I'm not suggesting we be in the top five or even ten but we should be much higher than 20th.
Meh, if you considering cars going in circles a sport which is another discussion. But what's going to have more attendance and participation, a one day car race or a seasons worth of baseball games? It's like the PGA.Chaska, MN just hosted a PGA tour championship which is one of the biggest sporting events of the year, your not going to find them in the top 50.
I'll trade you Nashville's 12th place spotProblem solved
Meh, if you considering cars going in circles a sport which is another discussion. But what's going to have more attendance and participation, a one day car race or a seasons worth of baseball games? It's like the PGA.Chaska, MN just hosted a PGA tour championship which is one of the biggest sporting events of the year, your not going to find them in the top 50.
I don't think you understand the scope of attendance. The 500 itself will draw around 300,000 for the one day. Add in the other three weeks of the month and it will easily get over 600,000. Add in the Brickyard 400 the US Nationals and all the other things happening at raceway park and you can see how big the number will get. We won't get near a LA or NYC but we will get close if not over the 1.5 mil that attend the Pirates games (and if the Pirates weren't so bad maybe our baseball team would draw more.)
Meh, if you considering cars going in circles a sport which is another discussion.
Well the 'esteemed' website which we are basing this discussion off of has a 'NASCAR' section. Also races are found on ESPN, the ESPN website also has a NASCAR section. Race results are found in the SPORTS section of newspapers.JS
http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI133210/WTF is this? I'll lay odds that the couriered ball this girl received actually being the ball she caught at 458 to 1MIAMI (WSVN) -- A South Florida girl has been granted her wish to keep a historic home run ball hit by a Philadelphia Phillies star.On July 17, Jennifer Valdivia made her big catch when Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard hit a home run inside Land Shark Stadium. Valdivia said right after the game, a Philadelphia Phillies official approached her and traded her ball with a different baseball. Jennifer Valdivia, 12, then found out her original ball could be worth thousands of dollars.Now, Valdivia and her attorney are thanking Channel 7 for helping her take back what was originally hers. "Channel 7 notified the Phillies and magically a courier appeared with the baseball today," said attorney Norm Kent."I got my ball back," said Valdivia.Howard's agent is also happy Valdivia got her ball back. Jennifer will pick up the ball Tuesday from her attorney's office.
Racing? We're talking about SPORTS here.From their site: Sporting News' Best Sports City rankings, which look at the 12 months from roughly October 2008 to October 2009, are based on point values assigned to various categories, including but not limited to won-lost records, postseason appearances, applicable power ratings, number of teams and attendance.
Now I understand why Seattle is so low.funny-pictures-sad-cat-blackandwhite.jpg
Well the 'esteemed' website which we are basing this discussion off of has a 'NASCAR' section. Also races are found on ESPN, the ESPN website also has a NASCAR section. Race results are found in the SPORTS section of newspapers.JS
And when a baseball bat has a mechanical breakdown that causes the best batter to not be able to hit a fastball I won't consider baseball a sport either.JS
I don't think you understand the scope of attendance. The 500 itself will draw around 300,000 for the one day. Add in the other three weeks of the month and it will easily get over 600,000. Add in the Brickyard 400 the US Nationals and all the other things happening at raceway park and you can see how big the number will get. We won't get near a LA or NYC but we will get close if not over the 1.5 mil that attend the Pirates games (and if the Pirates weren't so bad maybe our baseball team would draw more.)
Three weeks of what exactly?Maybe we should move Des Moines up because the Iowa state fair has similar attendance numbers and they have eating contests*.Highlights of eating contests are shown on ESPN, MUST BE A SPORT!
Highlights of eating contests are shown on ESPN, MUST BE A SPORT!
i would also consider it a sport. results and news stories about the annual nathans hot dog eating contest are circulated across all major sports media outlets. In fact the competition itself is also aired on ESPN. So if the powers that be at ESPN deem in acceptable to put on their SPORTS programming channel, 1 could argue it is a sport.
i would also consider it a sport. results and news stories about the annual nathans hot dog eating contest are circulated across all major sports media outlets. In fact the competition itself is also aired on ESPN. So if the powers that be at ESPN deem in acceptable to put on their SPORTS programming channel, 1 could argue it is a sport.
Or that ESPN doesn't have enough actual sporting events to air so they resort to other shit.
So if the powers that be at ESPN deem in acceptable to put on their SPORTS programming channel, 1 could argue it is a sport.
ESPN also shows tons of poker, which isn't a sport. Oh no he di'int.

I definitely consider racing a sport, but you can't really assign a city affiliation to it. There aren't home and away races, everybody shows up at the same place like golf or tennis.

Three weeks of what exactly?
The event lasts almost the entire month. The weeks of practice and 4 days of qualification. The last day of practice alone draws 100k. Back before they ****ed the whole thing up, the race would draw almost 500K all by itself.

4th quarter of the Neg O starts tonight I'm gonna donk around in it a bit tonight cause don't have anything else going on.If anyone wants to crack it up, come on in ... da waters warm