• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Lets have a hand reading exercise.
A little background.It's the same villain from this hand, in that pot he was firing with KcJc. He was the only one in the game straddling most the time, and about 70% of his straddles he would reraise preflop with ATC. I had limp folded a couple times to his straddle raises, and was looking for a hand to get heads up with him in this situation. Also, I have 1 diamond in my hand, no flush draws.

My weekend has slowly evolved into a very sports-and-beer filled extravaganza. Tonight, Rockies game vs. the Giants. Big series this weekend. Tomorrow morning, golf in Evergreen, CO, on an awesomely fun course. Tomorrow night, Rapids game (coincidentally, this is a "refund" of sorts for the game I didn't go to on the 4th. Apparently, they had some technical problems with "Colorado's biggest fireworks display" so they gave everyone who had tickets to that game a free ticket to tomorrow's game. Since my friends had three tickets, they once again have an extra. I will take it).

Lets have a hand reading exercise.Live 5/10 NL game, short handed.The straddle is on making this effectively 10/20 NL. I'm sitting on the button with roughly $1100 in chips. Villain in the hand is the player who straddled, has me slightly covered.Preflop.1 fold, I call $20, SB calls $20, BB calls $20, UTG raises to $70, I call, SB folds, BB folds.Flop (2 players $180 in pot) 9d, 8d, 2sVillain checks, I checkTurn (2 players $180 in pot) 9d, 8d, 2s, 5hVillain bets $200, I callRiver (2 players $580 in pot) 9d, 8d, 2s, 5h, 3cVillain bets $400, I call - Final pot $1380.
Okay, one street at a time. You limp with a fairly wide range of hands, mostly including middle suited connectors and mid-low pairs. 88+ you raise, I think, same with almost any two suited broadway cards. I have no info about villian, but if he's good, he squeezes here with a WIDE range of hands, almost any two.Flop, I take you off flush or oesd draws. I think you bet either of those. The turn call leads me to believe you have a pretty good hand, but not 67, because of the river call. You obviously get a raise in with the nuts at some point. I don't think you call the turn with a gutshot, so I'm taking you off the rivered straight.I'm putting you on a set, that's scared of all the straight draws out there. 55 or 88. Villian, who knows...A8? A5d? 67 for the straight?More I think about it, i think you bet out if you flop the set with the draw heavy board. You have 55. Final answer.

It's like, I wanna go with Blue on this one because he wrote the most...but Voldy never loses so I'm torn. But, either way, with a name like Shamwow I sure hope he won the pot.

Lets have a hand reading exercise.Live 5/10 NL game, short handed.The straddle is on making this effectively 10/20 NL. I'm sitting on the button with roughly $1100 in chips. Villain in the hand is the player who straddled, has me slightly covered.Preflop.1 fold, I call $20, SB calls $20, BB calls $20, UTG raises to $70, I call, SB folds, BB folds.Flop (2 players $180 in pot) 9d, 8d, 2sVillain checks, I checkTurn (2 players $180 in pot) 9d, 8d, 2s, 5hVillain bets $200, I callRiver (2 players $580 in pot) 9d, 8d, 2s, 5h, 3cVillain bets $400, I call - Final pot $1380.
5d5cgood afternoon folks, caught up.edit: just saw Blue's post. shame you think like me.
On the other hand, being the guy that saved the perfect game...I wonder if he's going to be getting an extra special gift from Buehrle. I heard on the radio that he bought the team watches after his no-hitter and he said this one will cost him a bit more. But I would think Wise might get something above and beyond a watch. Maybe...A NEW CAR!
rod-roddy.jpg
A little background.It's the same villain from this hand, in that pot he was firing with KcJc. He was the only one in the game straddling most the time, and about 70% of his straddles he would reraise preflop with ATC. I had limp folded a couple times to his straddle raises, and was looking for a hand to get heads up with him in this situation. Also, I have 1 diamond in my hand, no flush draws.
7d8x
More I think about it, i think you bet out if you flop the set with the draw heavy board. You have 55. Final answer.
I think Josh is raising the turn with 55. The board is pretty drawy and he has a strong hand at the moment.
I think Josh is raising the turn with 55. The board is pretty drawy and he has a strong hand at the moment.
Good point. But what does he call down with? A-high? Shamwow is a pretty terrible player. 77?
Good point. But what does he call down with? A-high? Shamwow is a pretty terrible player. 77?
If he is pretty terrible he could call down with almost any pair. If Josh shoves turn he's also probably calling with a lot of draws. JT, T7 and any hand with 2 diamonds.
Does the Shamwow guy ever have the nuts?
Yeah he could, but I have a set I'll willing to get it in with him when there are only 3 hands possibly beating me and two of them are sets.