FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

How jewish are you? You are obviously not orthodox, never seen you in a streimel or a yarmulka.
I'm all the way, baby. Parents, grandparents. Everyone.My family went to a "reform" synagogue. I guess if Orthodox is Business Formal, and Conservative is Casual Dress Friday, we're shorts and a t-shirt.I haven't been to temple in a while, but I observe the High Holy days. Don't keep Kosher or anything like that.
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

I'm all the way, baby. Parents, grandparents. Everyone.My family went to a "reform" synagogue. I guess if Orthodox is Business Formal, and Conservative is Casual Dress Friday, we're shorts and a t-shirt.I haven't been to temple in a while, but I observe the High Holy days. Don't keep Kosher or anything like that.
But you don't eat pork?You will eat a cheeseburger?Do you try and observe the Shabbat?Speak any Hebrew?Ever been to Israel?
But you don't eat pork? I eat pork. I eat shellfish, too.You will eat a cheeseburger? Yes.Do you try and observe the Shabbat? No. Just Rosh Hashanah and Yom KipurSpeak any Hebrew? None other than the blessings I know from memory. I could read it and sound it out when I was taking Hebrew classes, but couldn't actually translate or carry on a conversation.Ever been to Israel? No. I'd like to. I've only travelled to the Caribbean and Central America.

Morning fockers....all those late night crack sessions last week finally caught up to me and I fell asleep at 8:15 last night watching Big Brother. Woke up at 7:15 this morning...Feeling better.I have nothing for Ask Jeffrey Day just yet. Gimme a bit.

Dear Jeffrey, The federal government has introduced a new non-refundable tax credited of $2000.00 per child under 18years of age at the end of 2007. That's a whopping $6000.00 for me. Should I file to my HR Dept to have my at source deductions reduced for a higher net monthly pay or should I wait until tax time each year and file in the hopes of an actual tax refund?Sincerely, Elated To Keep More Of My Own Money.

Also, I Is A Happy Poker Player. (even though I took a -3.5 buyin loss yesterday, set vs set, rivered gutshot, river flush, blah blah blah.) As of end of play last night my bankroll is back to where it was when I drained it to buy my TV. Again thanks to Blue, without is 12hour stake this never would have been possible.

Dear Jeffrey, The federal government has introduced a new non-refundable tax credited of $2000.00 per child under 18years of age at the end of 2007. That's a whopping $6000.00 for me. Should I file to my HR Dept to have my at source deductions reduced for a higher net monthly pay or should I wait until tax time each year and file in the hopes of a actual tax refund?Sincerely, Elated To Keep More Of My Own Money.
Dear ETKMOMOM,I think it depends on your type of personality, and what kind of money manager you are. Working in the financial industry, it might be wise to reduce your deductions, take the money, and put it into funds where you can earn interest. It's your money, make it work for you, rather than letting the government have it for free. On the other side, idiots like me who spew money find it safer to take the minimum deductions, and then get a lump sum return. It's instant gratification, and doesn't put me in the position of having to potentially come up with money that I may owe if I've taken too many deductions.Ask yourself if you're the wise sageful investor, or the degenerate who enjoys instant gratification, and go from there.Cheers,Jeffrey
Also, I Is A Happy Poker Player. (even though I took a -3.5 buyin loss yesterday, set vs set, rivered gutshot, river flush, blah blah blah.) As of end of play last night my bankroll is back to where it was when I drained it to buy my TV. Again thanks to Blue, without is 12hour stake this never would have been possible.
Where's my half, bitch?
In the Sunday $11 Donkfest....17501 players....For my tournament life.....3 outted.Out 2861st
ouch. thanks for railing at the end. i don't remember what i finished and what cash level it was. had fun and it was a nice profit since I won a satellite to get in there... many thanks to ren and oz. many thoughts to chris and sharon. entourage is a great show, i'm glad that we're catching up in this one. and i, unfortunately, can't say the same about Adrien. Dickman - What is the single most memorable fishing trip ever, and why? What is the one final 'thing' that made you begin a quest for weight loss?
Congrats. On ask Vann day, remind me to ask you how to be a patient poker player who can sit at the table without the need to gamble.
Dear Jeffrey, The federal government has introduced a new non-refundable tax credited of $2000.00 per child under 18years of age at the end of 2007. That's a whopping $6000.00 for me. Should I file to my HR Dept to have my at source deductions reduced for a higher net monthly pay or should I wait until tax time each year and file in the hopes of an actual tax refund?Sincerely, Elated To Keep More Of My Own Money.
If you're living fine now, meeting expenses, etc., why not take the lump sum...either it pays for a nice vacation or something special or, bank it, hope it comes around next year, and all of a sudden you have a nice down payment for a house, if that's something you're interested in.

Soooo.... Morning biatches.So it's ask jeffrey day. oh how i've waited for this one.Whiskey,Does your family give you crap for not keeping up with your faith?Have you ever seen Ryan naked?What fraternity were you in during college?Do you have to be a Dick your ENTIRE life? :club: Do you ever see yourself mellowing out and just going with the flow?First place you've had sex.Norm

Jarret You should really get divorced and have them put alternating years on the taxes. JS
Jarret You should really get divorced and have them put alternating years on the taxes. JS
Shaver In the US there are income limitations on these credits. I don't think I'd qualify for the credit regardless. Thanks though!
If you're living fine now, meeting expenses, etc., why not take the lump sum...either it pays for a nice vacation or something special or, bank it, hope it comes around next year, and all of a sudden you have a nice down payment for a house, if that's something you're interested in.
I actually haven't decided yet. I have a call in to HR to see if they're going to reduce the At Source retroactive for 2007 or if I have to claim for the difference next year. As well I'd like to see how much in actual at source deductions it's going to be. If it's only 500-1000 on the whole year it works out to about $40/pay and I'm better off to wait until tax time and let the refund kill my tax bill. If it's more than that the extra monthly income would be nice to put towards other stuff/save.As far as a house goes. Not in the near future. The co-op rent is close to half what I would be paying in P&I payments and utilities, etc. to own.
Dickman - What is the single most memorable fishing trip ever, and why? My first real trip, which was to Flamingo in Costa Rica, August 2000, is probably the one that still stands out the most. Costa Rica is absolutely incredible. I'd love to go again.What is the one final 'thing' that made you begin a quest for weight loss? A pretty simple one line e-mail from my mom telling me that I didn't look so good when I was home between and Christmas and New Years. I wish I'd kept it, but it basically said, you don't look very healthy. There's a history of heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes in my family, and my dad had been harping on me, but for it to get to the point where my mom would even consider saying something, and felt the need to e-mail it to me, I knew it must be bad. I'd also had some elevated cholesterol numbers at my last Dr appt, which probably isn't good for a 30 yr old. I guess looking at myself, I didn't get the full feeling of how heavy I'd gotten. I'd see it in pictures, but not really in the mirror. Even now, I still see a lot of the same "shape" in my body, but obviously the pant sizes and numbers show a big difference, and I can obviously see the difference in my face now. I still need to get more toned, but my BP is very good and I've never had blood sugar issues, so that's good. I feel so much better in general, though, it's amazing.
This would also require him living in Canada and his daugter living with him, stoner.Sidenote: Apparently while I was at Blue's last week the wife had a few puffs. She said she didn't feel anything. On the contrary my friends told me yesterday she was stooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddd. I miss all the fun.
Shaver In the US there are income limitations on these credits. I don't think I'd qualify for the credit regardless. Thanks though!
Seeing as there were 2 thoughts in Shaver's original sentence, which do you believe was the real sentiment for the sentence and which sentiment was just a ploy to bring up the first?oh, sorry it's ask jeffrey day. sorry!Jeffrey,See the above question and respond.Norm
He may be able to get that put in the divorce agreement (I'm not sure), but the IRS won't get involved in any dispute or decisions over taxes. They will tell you that the person who claims them should be the person they reside with more than half the year. They won't choose sides in disputes. I just had to make a verbal agreement with my ex and hope he sticks to it.
Seeing as there were 2 thoughts in Shaver's original sentence, which do you believe was the real sentiment for the sentence and which sentiment was just a ploy to bring up the first?
Seeing as Shaver is still married too, wouldn't her harping on Jarret about that be a Pot/Kettle situation?
Seeing as there were 2 thoughts in that sentence, which do you believe was the real sentiment for the sentence and which sentiment was just a ploy to bring up the first?oh, sorry it's ask jeffrey day. sorry!Jeffrey,See the above question and respond.Norm
Yeah, the underlying thoughts came into mind as soon as I responded. Efforts should be made in both directions on that perspective!! Mine will begin as my current liability is paid to my lawyer and my fines are complete so I can be ready for the next deficit to my finances once the divorce begins... But yeah, the hint was strong, even for a rock like me to pick up on.