why do people continue to min raise with high pps?

Now I aint complaining but are people this stupid?I made a deposit into FCP so I can get into the charter freerolls and decided to play some .50/.50 NL just to kill some time.5 handed I am in the SB with 5 :D 8 :club:2 players fold around to the guy on the button limps. I top up and the big blind raises to $1. Both of us call.Flop: 4 :D 6 :club: 7 :) give me the stone cold nuts.I check, BB bets $1, button calls, I raise to $2 trying to keep everyone in. Big blind raises to $5, button folds, I raise to $20, BB goes all in for another $60+. I call and he shows.....A :) A :D Just another victim of the min raise.

Now I aint complaining but are people this stupid?I made a deposit into FCP so I can get into the charter freerolls and decided to play some .50/.50 NL just to kill some time.5 handed I am in the SB with 5 :D 8 :club:2 players fold around to the guy on the button limps. I top up and the big blind raises to $1. Both of us call.Flop: 4 :D 6 :club: 7 :)  give me the stone cold nuts.I check, BB bets $1, button calls, I raise to $2 trying to keep everyone in. Big blind raises to $5, button folds, I raise to $20, BB goes all in for another $60+. I call and he shows.....A :) A :D  Just another victim of the min raise.
They do it b/c they're bad, and they want to trap people w/ monsters like ONE PAIR. It looks like you had a little min-raise in that hand yourself...
Now I aint complaining but are people this stupid?I made a deposit into FCP so I can get into the charter freerolls and decided to play some .50/.50 NL just to kill some time.5 handed I am in the SB with 5 :D 8 :club:2 players fold around to the guy on the button limps. I top up and the big blind raises to $1. Both of us call.Flop: 4 :D 6 :club: 7 :)  give me the stone cold nuts.I check, BB bets $1, button calls, I raise to $2 trying to keep everyone in. Big blind raises to $5, button folds, I raise to $20, BB goes all in for another $60+. I call and he shows.....A :) A :D  Just another victim of the min raise.
They do it b/c they're bad, and they want to trap people w/ monsters like ONE PAIR. It looks like you had a little min-raise in that hand yourself...
My min raise was simply to try and keep both of them in the pot and try and get as much money out of them as possible. Worst possible situation I figured was they both has trips and pairing the board would give them a boat. Other then that , I thought I was golden and only losing to something of a crazy runner runner variety.

his min-raise was donk-ish... yours was fine, IMHO...no flush threats, no full house threats, not even a higher straight possible with this flop...like you said, worse case, you were up against trips and were risking him hitting a full house... unless he was being EXTREMELY donkish and drawing to a highe inside straight...now, you might have to slow down on the turn, if it went that far... but as it was played.. I"d probably do the same...

Hum.His min-raise was bad.Your limping from the small blind with 58os is a little iffy, but, que sera sera.Your min-raise is weird, but, I understand the thinking behind it. Just realize, if I minraise from the BB with AA and you check/min-raise me, I'm folding aces. Just saying.

Your limping from the small blind with 58os is a little iffy, but, que sera sera.
*cough* I recall in some other thread you reraising a reraise with 85c :-) I know, I know, they were suited :wink:
Heh..slight difference between limp/call and limp/raise. Just sayin'.Besides, 85os is better, it makes two flushes.

You shouldn't insult people like this. You should take down their name and address so that you can send them gifts that you buy them with their money. If you want to play only against professionals and great players, you need to play higher limits. At this point you will be even at the very best and dont stand to win much money. I am being a bit sarcastic, but I am thankful that there are enough terrible players out there. I have just started playing regularly and appreciate any donations I can get :-)

What sort of bet would be justified for his play then with AA UTG with only the blinds in preflop?I will admit, I've done this but don't want my potential betters to leave. Which is why my high PP loses more than wins. Any advice on what the "donk" should've done. 5-6 times big blind to really make them like there hand?On the other hand, I've done this to others knowing they had a high PP. Just can't seem to find the right answer just by trying different things cause each hand is different.

I am always inclined to bet out with a high PP. If I pick up a small pot, even just the blinds I take down the pot a very happy man. I would much rather win 10 small pots than 1 big pot. I have much less potential to get sucked out on and lose a lot of my chips.Another reason to bet out is to elimintate people with a crap hand. If I raise 5x the BB with AA or KK, I am eliminating 1/3 to 1/2 of the possible starting hands. This helps me when I see the flop come 268. If I didnt bet out, anyone left in the hand could have ANY 2 cards in the deck. If I bet out, I am eliminating 82, 62 and porbably 68 as well. I have gained valuable information about what the holdings of the players left in the hand may have.-- Ryan

I think one of the biggest things that novice players misunderstand is the power of a big pocket pair. As another poster mentioned above, it is still only ONE pair. Minimum raising OUT OF POSITION with AA is retarted. Put that guy on your buddy list and recomend to him that he move up in levels so he won't get "sucked out on" like that again :club:

I think one of the biggest things that novice players misunderstand is the power of a big pocket pair. As another poster mentioned above, it is still only ONE pair. Minimum raising OUT OF POSITION with AA is retarted. Put that guy on your buddy list and recomend to him that he move up in levels so he won't get "sucked out on" like that again :club:
One time, I was UTG with A :D A :D . I raised to 8 dollars, it was 1/2. Everyone folded and I flipped the Aces up as I collected the blinds. This older guy goes, "Oh, well hell, you screwed that up.." I said, "How's that?" He says, "Call and then re-raise with the red aces. Or the black aces, whichever you prefer."I didn't get it, at first, then, I got it.Do you?