fcp boot camp or protege ?

My understanding as well is that it would be 'remote' mentoring. They mentioned giving you an e-mail address to correspond with DN, and that would likely be the extent of your communication.I mean, it's not like Daniel's gonna let some stranger crash on his couch for four months, wake said stranger up every morning at 6:00 a.m., go on Rocky-style runs with him (with obligatory Rocky music playing), eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with him and then take him to play in the big game every night.Or will he?

My understanding as well is that it would be 'remote' mentoring. They mentioned giving you an e-mail address to correspond with DN, and that would likely be the extent of your communication.I mean, it's not like Daniel's gonna let some stranger crash on his couch for four months, wake said stranger up every morning at 6:00 a.m., go on Rocky-style runs with him (with obligatory Rocky music playing), eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with him and then take him to play in the big game every night.Or will he?
It seems to me that there was a lot of "grey area" purposely left in the contest with the wording that some things were "at DN's discretion." I took this to mean that if some clown wins it they will get the listed prizes but if DN bonds with the winner there could be more contact. Whatever the case may be, it certainly doesn't seem (from what I've read about the whole FCO logo contest) like DN skimps in any way. His generosity and accessibility to his fans is really something. Although I agree with the OP that a bootcamp event would be more suited to my needs (hubby might not might getting rid of me for 4 months, but someone's got to get the kids off the schoolbus.......), I think the protege idea is fantastic. The bootcamp has been done by others, but I still feel that there would be a great demand for DN to do it, as he has such a large following. It might be beyond my budget, but many people with work or family commitments could do a 2 or 3 day event, but not an internship/4 month commitment. If I could win a seat at in through a contest.....I'm there in a second. The thing about the protege thing is......it is so innovative. I have never heard of anything like this being done as a contest (well, at least not since Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). I would think this will be big news in the poker community and will bring a lot of new traffic to his site . A weekend at bootcamp would be fun and educational. The protege contest really could be lifechanging for the right winner. Wow. Winning 4 buy ins ? $40, 000 Becoming DN's protege ? Priceless This has brought up a dilemma for me. Should I "take up a spot" in the tourneys when I have no shot of winning any of this (I try to aim for finishing in the top 10 - 20 % of a large tourney, that's great for me) and I could not accept the grand prize even if everyone else's computers crashed and I somehow won. Am I taking someone else's spot in tourney ? Or, am I dead money for most of you so I should enter as many as I can ? Decisions, decisions.......
Which are you more inclined to be seriously interested in?I was hoping for a Boot Camp announcement, which still may come, but who knows?I have neither the time nor a reliable enough internet connection (let alone the luck) to make a serious stab at the Protege' thing. I mean, what a fantastic opportunity for some lucky player, but come on! The odds of winning that grand prize are ....well....let's just say good luck! And even if you won, would you be willling to quit work/school/get divoreced/ to make it happen? I just don't see this contest, as incredible as it is, as being very practical to most of us here.No Daniel, what the rest of us also need (and what many have already expressed a desire for) is the option to buy ourselves into a simple 2 or 3 day Boot Camp getaway, something just enough to really help improve our games, gain valuable insight from a tremendous pro, and have a great time meeting each other. So how about it Daniel...any chance of an FCP Boot Camp in '06? Best...
I think the protege thing sounds cool, but I do agree with you. I only have access to dial-up at home, so do not play online for money as of yet. At least not untill SBC or Road Runner get out ot my area. I will play in the free game qualifier though. A boot camp, I think, is a great idea. He can offer several people a bit lesser of a prize, and make the contest something everyone can participate in. Besides, like you mentioned, if I personally won the protege thing, I would have to quit my job and most likely will be divorced if I wanted to redeem my prize. But I am sure there will be plenty of things to come, DM seems to be really working hard to go the extra mile for his fans, so I will just wait for something I can compete in.
Should I "take up a spot" in the tourneys when I have no shot of winning any of this and I could not accept the grand prize even if everyone else's computers crashed and I somehow won.
Good question. My feeling is that you should not enter the tournament if you know you can't win. If hundreds of people enter who know they can't accept the prize, it makes it that much more of a crap shoot for the serious players when you have a bunch of people with no incentive to play well (not that you wouldn't try, but with no prize or even prize money on the line for you, how seriously are you going to take it?).Of course, you have a right to play if you would like, but like I said, with no reason to, why would you bother?That's just my 2 cents. I would love to hear any arguments in favor of playing when you can't accept the prize (as this one will certainly NOT be transferrable).
Which are you more inclined to be seriously interested in?I was hoping for a Boot Camp announcement, which still may come, but who knows?I have neither the time nor a reliable enough internet connection (let alone the luck) to make a serious stab at the Protege' thing. I mean, what a fantastic opportunity for some lucky player, but come on! The odds of winning that grand prize are ....well....let's just say good luck! And even if you won, would you be willling to quit work/school/get divoreced/ to make it happen? I just don't see this contest, as incredible as it is, as being very practical to most of us here.No Daniel, what the rest of us also need (and what many have already expressed a desire for) is the option to buy ourselves into a simple 2 or 3 day Boot Camp getaway, something just enough to really help improve our games, gain valuable insight from a tremendous pro, and have a great time meeting each other. So how about it Daniel...any chance of an FCP Boot Camp in '06? Best...
My buddy and I were having the same conversation at work yesterday. I even brought up the fact that who ever wins the thing, probably doesnt need the help anyways...as they most likely have the skill they need.I would love a 2 or 3 day bootcamp with DN. Daniel, you for hire? :wink:

I think some are missing the foundation of this. Of course every poker player from serious to mild would love this opportunity. Any poker player with an ounce of skill has confidence. So naturally, everyone thinks they have what it takes to do it. But this is meant to change someone's life. This is meant to give someone the biggest kickstart anyone has argubly had in poker history. If you say you cant possibly have a chance because of work/school/ [insert your reason here], are you really the person this is designed for anyway? You have one of your biggest admirations in the game of poker laying out this, in a method designed to find the diamond in the rough.

so, just curious and the more i think about it the more i think its a stupid questin, but if i dont ask and i find out later im wrong, i'd probably have to kill myself. and take this site down in flames with me.for the tournaments and everything else the protege has coming with it... im guessing it is all in the states, making the legal age for pretty much everything the protege has to do with it 21 right?