fav sad/mellow song??

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but there is one or two others that get to me. although I would get laughed at for admitting to one of them. :club: family portrait by pink Greensleeves: old folk song love

yeah but there is one or two others that get to me. although I would get laughed at for admitting to one of them. :club: family portrait by pink Greensleeves: old folk song love
thats cool..may i ask how old you are?

Guns n Roses - November Rain is my favorite song of all timeLove Mazzy Star - Fade into you (good pick)But my favorite sad song is Blink 182 - Adam's song. That one gets me every time. Seriously

i have more of these than i can possibly list, but here are a few of the ones that happened to come to mind first.billy idol- eyes without a facelaika- spooky rhodespink floyd- wish you were hererobyn hitch©ock- more than thispearl jam- leashfreakwater- cloak of frogsthe police- invisible sunvelvet underground- im set freehelium- all the x's have wingsenigma- from east to west

Guns n Roses - November Rain is my favorite song of all timeLove Mazzy Star - Fade into you (good pick)But my favorite sad song is Blink 182 - Adam's song. That one gets me every time. Seriously
Blind 182????? Oh my god......Blink 182 is to rock bands like Tiffany Williamson is to professional poker players.
i have more of these than i can possibly list, but here are a few of the ones that happened to come to mind first.billy idol- eyes without a facelaika- spooky rhodespink floyd- wish you were hererobyn hitch©ock- more than thispearl jam- leashfreakwater- cloak of frogsthe police- invisible sunvelvet underground- im set freehelium- all the x's have wingsenigma- from east to west
That is a great song - les yeux sans visage - although having the french translation of the song title sung in the background does make me laugh at how serious billy idol (or whoever wrote the song) takes themself
amazing pick...

country feedback is a good melancholy songi haven't heard leonard cohen's version of bird on a wire, but i know johnny cash'sanother leonard cohen song that i've only heard a cover of is first we take manhattan

country feedback is a good melancholy songi haven't heard leonard cohen's version of bird on a wire, but i know johnny cash'sanother leonard cohen song that i've only heard a cover of is first we take manhattan
Leonard Cohen is The Man when it comes to sad and mellow. Some of my other Cohen favorites are Avalanche, Don't Go home With your Hard ons, Joan oF Arc, Fingerprints, ehhh there are just soo many.....and There is a War, yeah too many sad and mellow songs by Leonard Cohen.
Though they've since become a joke, Third Eye Blind's first, self-titled, album had some amazing melancholy songs on it. The Background, Motorcycle Driveby and God of Wine to name a few. Good thread, by the way.
Or Slow Motion. Really messed up song. I'd also includePink Floyd - Wish You Were HereBrand New - Soco Amaretto LimeFuneral For a Friend - DriveTears For Fears - Mad World (The Donnie Darko version)My Chemical Romance - Demolition LoversMotion City Sountrack - Let's Get ****ed Up And DieBoys Night Out - Relapsingand John Lennon - Imagine

Yeah, lennon and the beatles have some of my favorites.. The wheels go round is my second fave by lennon, next to imagine...But here's one no one's mentioned, and it's one of the most underrated songs off one of the most underrated albums of all time..It's Van Morrison's Astral Weeks, off of the same titled album... a magical song, on an amazing album. If you haven't checked it out, it's one of the 60's masterpieces..Also, Me and My Btch, by Biggie...

Though they've since become a joke, Third Eye Blind's first, self-titled, album had some amazing melancholy songs on it. The Background, Motorcycle Driveby and God of Wine to name a few. Good thread, by the way.
Or Slow Motion. Really messed up song. I'd also includePink Floyd - Wish You Were HereBrand New - Soco Amaretto LimeFuneral For a Friend - DriveTears For Fears - Mad World (The Donnie Darko version)My Chemical Romance - Demolition LoversMotion City Sountrack - Let's Get censored Up And DieBoys Night Out - Relapsingand John Lennon - Imagine
Let's Get Fucked Up and Die is a great song. MSC is really very, very cool. My Favorite Accident and Together We'll Ring In The New Year are both great, great songs.Nice Slow Motion reference, the lyrics are just, astounding.

Jeff Buckley - HalleluiaJohny Cash - Hurt and/or OneStereophonics - Billy davies daughter and/or Maybe TommorowPink Floyd - Wish you were hereBill Withers - Ain't no sunshine (when she's gone)Street Spirit - RadioheadU2 - With or without youIsrael Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere Over The Rainbow & What A Wonderful WorldTitle track from the film Goodbye Lenin don't know what it called or who its by (listening to it at the minute and it deserves a mention)