online freerolls rigged?

Ok so at work I cannot play for real money, and I know most of you can't play at work anyway, but I have been playing a lot of the large freerolls online that offer real money payouts as practice. It seems that the number of rediculous bad beats are almost 50% of the time. For example today I was playing and with a low blind and no raise I called with a 5-6 off on the button. The flop came out 4 7 8 rainbow. Well no one seemed to like it so I made a small bet of 4x the blind because obviously I wanted a call because there was virtually no money in the pot and I wanted to make some money after flopping the nuts. Here is where things get a little suspiscious. I got one caller, just one. Who I figured correctly had called with top pair. The turn brought a nine and the person bet out 300 which was about 1/5 of my stack.I figure he might have hit two pair, which he did and knowing that I would probably get snookered by the server because its an automatic call if I move in on him I just call, which might have been a mistake but I knew he didnt have J-10 so he would need a miracle on the river to beat me. Sure enough 8 on the river he bets 400 I call and lose half my stack to 8's full of 9's. Now I know I didn't play this properly, mainly because I knew that my flopped nuts were gonna get screwed. I knew I was gonna get called and didn't want to be out of the tourney.It seems to me that these online sites offering freeroll "poker" games aren't being run fairly or properly. Since online poker is technically "illegal" I suppose that no one could step in to do anything about it, but this doesn't seem right and I am wondering if anyone else is noticing this. It would be one thing if this happened just today, but I knew it was coming because it happens so often. I mean the other day I had my chips all in and someone needed runner runner to beat me. The server pause for at least 5 times as long as normal on the river(I swear I am not making this up) to give the guy running 5s and take the pot. Does anyone know if its legal to run rigged freerolls? Has anyone else noticed this?Chad

The strategy section is reserved for intelligent, thought-out posts.Kindly take this mindless conspiracy theory drivel to General.No it isn't rigged. Running boats happen.

I have a friend who works at part poker.He's admitted that it's rigged occasionally.I convinced him to rig it for me on this one key hand, and i caught this douchebag with running 5's. Saw it coming the whole way, and he couldnt figure out what hit him.

freerolls are crap shoots...there's a lot more bullets to dodge because there's no entry fee...and the majority of the players involved don't have any money on the site. Having said that online poker has to be rigged because I've never seen a bad beat live or on TV...the favorite always wins and never gets unlucky.SW

OK, I should clarify a few things. First, I accidently made this post in general strategy thinking I was in the general poker forum. Way to be on top of these things. God forbid someone one this site make a mistake and post something in the wrong category. I am so ashamed of myself. I made sure to sit in the corner for 15 minutes. That being said I was not necessarily saying that its set up for one person to win and not another, but its set up for rediculous bad beats in order to speed up play. Think about it, if the game went closer to the numbers and the bad beats were limited to the actual % of victory on the hands the game would take forever. What concerns me is that if this is legal to have the game "set up" to give 5-20% win percentage wins nearly 50% of the time then what is to stop someone from figuring this out or even to keep this from happening in real money tournaments. I understand that with the larger amount of Donkeys and Landmines in the free rolls the number of bad beats is gonna increase. I know I may be out on a island by myself on this one, but it just doesn't seem right. Espescially considering that there are thousand and even million dollar freerolls out there. I'm just very suspiscous not that someone has it out for me (that would be a new level of paranoia even for me) but that the free money tournaments and to an extent the low buy in large MTTS are set up to speed up tournaments which drastically changes any approach you could have and gives an unfair advantage to people who know how this works. Thats just my conspiracy theory for the day, stay tuned I think I see someone standing on a grassy knoll.C

Thats just my conspiracy theory for the day, stay tuned I think I see someone standing on a grassy knoll.C
Well there probably WAS somebody on the grassy knoll. Online poker, however, is not fixed. First of all, the games go fast enough already. Online poker rakes in millions and millions. Do you really think a website would risk its entire reputation (and ALL of its users) just to speed up certain games EVEN MORE????Second of all, next time you play, get a recap of the game after you finish. Count up all of the showdowns, calculate the percentage each hand has to win vs the percentage of times that hand actually won. Do this every time you play. When you have 10,000 observed hands, then you can formulate a conspiracy theory...if you still think it's rigged. Prove us all wrong.

Take this as an example: AA is about 80% or better to win against any hand before the flop. That gives it a 20% chance to lose. So let's say you see it lose. Then you see it lose again. Than you see it lose a third time. Now you get AA. You go all in and lose. Now you're certain it's rigged, cuz AA just lose four times in a row. But if you stuck around and saw AA all in 1000 more times, it would likely win a little more than 800 times.