i got hozed by gregory n kaplan

im not stupid i am canadianand using canadian laws...http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/P-8.6/text.htmlupon further inspection, i was wrong in that you can disclose the information under a number of circumstances, one being :(B) for the purpose of collecting a debt owed by the individual to the organization;and before you jump on me again-"organization" « organisation » "organization" includes an association, a partnership, a person and a trade union.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

im not the one who wrote it...the info was online for me to find..not my fault..
It's an awfully fine line you're walking, just be careful man. You're still the one presenting the info to us here, I don't know how the law goes in relation to that but I'd guess it's not the move to be making.On the other hand, posting his AIM info, PStars name, etc is probably illegal too but internet vigilante justice is always worth it.

Well, the fact he's accusing someone of stealing from him would be libel, in print form. It'd only be libel if the person did not in fact steal from him.Say, this guy's buddy got ahold of his PStar's password and wanted to make a few quick bucks.Tritz accuses the guy of stealing it.Guy is innocent, then it's *kind of* libel. But, since Tritz didn't knowingly go out of his way to harm said Guy's character, it's not. Libel is really very tough to prove though.It's the reason most celebs don't sue tabloids. As a general rule of thumb though, it's not really, very nice. That's about it. Illegal, eh, not so much. Good form? No.

Are you stupid?You must be.So.. if I were to talk about Phil Ivey here, and how he finished in a tournament.. or where he lives... it's illegal?You're slightly dumb.It would only be illegal if you slander someone, which, very well could be the case, given Tritz's penchant for fibs... but posting information about someone is not, in itself, illegal.Stop and think for a minute before you make statements, it helps.And even slander is a civil affair, not a criminal one.
Posting about Ivey vs. posting about a guy who may have stolen from you are two completely different things. Given the subject matter, by putting this guy's info online Tritz is becoming liable for any danger he puts the guy in.
im not the one who wrote it...the info was online for me to find..not my fault..
three posts up:I need the FCP Army..Help me out guys, i'm looking for address...phone number...license plate number...anything..
im not stupid i am canadian
Rofl, nice.Yes, I think, even under canadian laws it wouldn't be a problem, and even less so in the US, which is where tritz lives.And, don't worry, I'm not going to jump on you again, the "I'm not stupid I'm Canadian" line is funny, and puts you on my good side.
Are you stupid?You must be.So.. if I were to talk about Phil Ivey here, and how he finished in a tournament.. or where he lives... it's illegal?You're slightly dumb.It would only be illegal if you slander someone, which, very well could be the case, given Tritz's penchant for fibs... but posting information about someone is not, in itself, illegal.Stop and think for a minute before you make statements, it helps.And even slander is a civil affair, not a criminal one.
Posting about Ivey vs. posting about a guy who may have stolen from you are two completely different things. Given the subject matter, by putting this guy's info online Tritz is becoming liable for any danger he puts the guy in.
three posts up:I need the FCP Army..Help me out guys, i'm looking for address...phone number...license plate number...anything..
all the info i found was written online by my new friend or found in public police records....not my fault.
I'm glad you changed it from "is" to "are", I'm sure no-one else will notice.But on to the point, not, they aren't.If it's true, he is liable for nothing, he didn't ask for anything to be done to the fellow.The only thing he could be "liable" for is slander, if what he states about the fellow is untrue.
What can I say? I'm masochistic about grammar.You're right about the liability though, I had thought Tritz suggested we harass the guy in the other thread but it was someone else who posted that.

I emailed security at pstars, and got them to freeze his account and ask him for an explanation, other than that I don't believe there is anything else they can do...ugh..

i think we all agree that this gregory does suck... and thanks for the apology spademan, ive read the board along time, wondering how long itd take to get flamed, that was my first and it was corrected woootttt
I didn't apologize.I own this thread, and everything I've said is correct.BUUUUUUT... I did back off because:1. You were thinking of it in terms of Candian laws. (Which still don't mean he's liable for anything, but may be a bit more strict, leading you to believe so.)2. The opening line of your response was funny, which makes you exempt from futher flaming in this thread.Just wanted to clear that up.Also, I love eating poop.

Ok, I'm going to bed, I'll update in the morning with responses from Pokerstars.If anyone feels like getting him to unblock me on AIM send him a message: kapie123Ok then! happy thanksgiving :roll:

It's an awfully fine line you're walking, just be careful man. You're still the one presenting the info to us here, I don't know how the law goes in relation to that but I'd guess it's not the move to be making.On the other hand, posting his AIM info, PStars name, etc is probably illegal too but internet vigilante justice is always worth it.
wow..americans are the biggest bunch of pc-pansy-asses ever. "its illegal to post someones aim and poker stars info!"....give me a ****ing break...If I am able to search the internet and find someones adress etc....why the **** would it be illegal to repost iot elsewhere online??? think about it, i kno big bad brother is out there making sure everyone is treated like a pretty-pink-princess but come on.

Check out the location on the left. Good call.Second, I don't think anyone had a problem with posting the guy's Stars account, the issue was that the OP had posted the guy's personal info too before editing it out.

Why would stars freeze my account during all this.... I find that a bit odd.. Now I need to send a copy of my license to some freeze happy security guy, and I just don't want to do that.

hahaha, you are truly a moron. If I understand your story correctly, I believe you were trying to help a guy whos account has already been frozen. If I were Pstars, I would ban you for life for trying to help someone get around Pokerstars' rules. You deserve everything thats happened to you

hahaha, you are truly a moron. If I understand your story correctly, I believe you were trying to help a guy whos account has already been frozen. If I were Pstars, I would ban you for life for trying to help someone get around Pokerstars' rules. You deserve everything thats happened to you
No, you are a moron, cause you don't understand the story at all.I am trying to help no one, he stole money from me, you dense son of a bitch.