new avatar dn look alike

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry fellow contestants, but I have finally decided to join the fray. I waited as long as I could, because I knew once my artistic talent was known to the general FCP community, the contest would become a moot point.I call my masterpiece, "Happy Daniel"Cheers,MerbyBelow is a NY Times review of "Happy Daniel"___________________________________________This piece of work is the centrepiece of a masterful collection of artwork by a new impressionist artist on the scene. This talented prodigy, known only as "Merby", is an enigma to the art community. His medium of choice for this collection, an over-the-counter computer graphics program, "MS Paint", has caused an uproar among more traditional artists. "It's not right," said painter Bob Fakename, "an artist must connect with his subject; only then can he transfer its essence onto the medium. A computer just cannot make that connection."Art critic, Sandy Notreal disagrees, "Our world is forever evolving. Artists must be willing to adapt their artwork to the modern lifestyle. When one considers the impact that the modern computer had on intellectual propagation, it is only natural to eventually expect it a similar propagation in the creative world."'Happy Daniel' is an homage to Daniel Negraneau, a professional poker player who is enjoying celeberity status thanks to the recent surge in poker popularity. "He is a true ambassador for the game," said Merby. The portrait captures Negraneau at the poker table. His smile is famously unambiguous, he is truly enjoying the moment. Nevertheless, there are subtle emotions that play over his face. His eyes are mere vertical slits, giving him a suspicious air. While looking at the artwork, a person is faced with many questions: is he bluffing? Why is he smiling?... and more importantly, where is his nose?Notreal said Merby has used the software to his full advantage in this collection. "Merby has captured the essence of online impressionist artwork with 'Happy Daniel'," he said. "There is no doubt that this is the work of a true virtuoso."The 'Happy Daniel' will be on display at the Full Contact Poker Art Gallery until January 4th, 2006. In February, it is expected to be on display at the Guggenheim as part of a larger modern impressionist collection. Andrew Goodreview,Arts CriticNY Times

Sorry fellow contestants, but I have finally decided to join the fray. I waited as long as I could, because I knew once my artistic talent was known to the general FCP community, the contest would become a moot point.I call my masterpiece, "Happy Daniel"Cheers,MerbyBelow is a NY Times review of "Happy Daniel"___________________________________________This piece of work is the centrepiece of a masterful collection of artwork by a new impressionist artist on the scene. This talented prodigy, known only as "Merby", is an enigma to the art community. His medium of choice for this collection, an over-the-counter computer graphics program, "MS Paint", has caused an uproar among more traditional artists. "It's not right," said painter Bob Fakename, "an artist must connect with his subject; only then can he transfer its essence onto the medium. A computer just cannot make that connection."Art critic, Sandy Notreal disagrees, "Our world is forever evolving. Artists must be willing to adapt their artwork to the modern lifestyle. When one considers the impact that the modern computer had on intellectual propagation, it is only natural to eventually expect it a similar propagation in the creative world."'Happy Daniel' is an homage to Daniel Negraneau, a professional poker player who is enjoying celeberity status thanks to the recent surge in poker popularity. "He is a true ambassador for the game," said Merby. The portrait captures Negraneau at the poker table. His smile is famously unambiguous, he is truly enjoying the moment. Nevertheless, there are subtle emotions that play over his face. His eyes are mere vertical slits, giving him a suspicious air. While looking at the artwork, a person is faced with many questions: is he bluffing? Why is he smiling?... and more importantly, where is his nose?Notreal said Merby has used the software to his full advantage in this collection. "Merby has captured the essence of online impressionist artwork with 'Happy Daniel'," he said. "There is no doubt that this is the work of a true virtuoso."The 'Happy Daniel' will be on display at the Full Contact Poker Art Gallery until January 4th, 2006. In February, it is expected to be on display at the Guggenheim as part of a larger modern impressionist collection. Andrew Goodreview,Arts CriticNY Times
where's the DUDE's nose ???
where's the DUDE's nose ???