Hey Daniel sucks about your phone isnt that the second time now? need to back the info on your comp! haha well im not positive but if your mother board isnt working can you take the harddrive out and get your info everything is saved there. The Treo 650 is sooo nice a little birdy told me the Treo 670 is comming out next year :wink:

For what it's worth....Comp USA, Best Buys and the rest of them are all a waste of space imho.The most knowledgeable sales people I've come across in Vegas are to be found at Fry's when it comes to buying computers and other electronics stuff.And as for the cell phone...GET RID OF IT...life is so SO much sweeter without one....trust me it's a blessing in disguise not having one.

Daniel....you need to post exactly what "Home Theatre" you bought....I think you left a few bets out there....Best Buy is notoriously overpriced in their higher end items.

Hey Daniel sucks about your phone isnt that the second time now? need to back the info on your comp! haha well im not positive but if your mother board isnt working can you take the harddrive out and get your info everything is saved there. The Treo 650 is sooo nice a little birdy told me the Treo 670 is comming out next year  :wink:
Yeah he can, it wouldnt be too hard. I am a computer tech and I do this kind of stuff all day. And I guess he never hot synced his Treo, thats like the coolest thing about a Treo....ouch.
Aside from that, well, I played in the Poker Superstars but I can't tell you what happened there (sorry).
Is that because... you're gay?!(It was a joke. I admit, not that funny, but hey.)

Yeah the Flux Capacitor comment had me laughing pretty hard. Gotta love Back to the Future references.I am with Daniel, when computer sales people talk computer tech, I feel completely lost and quite stupid sometimes about it too. :-)

Best Buy may suck as far as computers but not Tv's IMHO. Don't get me wrong there may be better TV's out there but BB's are pretty good. The 61" Pioneer Plasma is pretty awesome. One thing good about Pioneer's plasma is there's one wire going from the plasma to a box. That way there's less to hide. I believe on that plasma there are 2 HDMI connections. That way you can use your upconvergence (sp?) DVD player with one of em. Then get the HD Tivo deal and youo can record in HDTV. Just be prepared for voice lag....especially when you use a surround sound system.

Great blog Daniel. I feel the same way sometimes, so I just tell them "If it does this, this and this...that's the 1 I want".About Best Buy, a previous poster said their computers aren't the greatest, but I think it's the Customer Service. I've known several people who bought 'puters & peripherals there, and couldn't get squat for satisfaction when they had problems.

Whatever, the technological mumbo jumbo portion was one of the funniest reads ever.I laughed out loud :club:
Me too. That was one of his best non-poker blogs in a while. I was giggling through the whole thing. The Flux Capacitor was the best, this cracked me up.I too, think that DN's life might make a good reality show.

I've had a couple of cell phones picked up in my day, and definately left me wiser for it. The dumb people may have never learned, but I am a BIG believer in Karma, and they will get theirs. But forgive me for asking a dumb question, but what happened with Vida Guerra? I know who she is, but never heard about that.

haha well im not positive but if your mother board isnt working can you take the harddrive out and get your info everything is saved there

I was thinking that too and you're right. Depending on how the mobo got fried, he should be able to remove his HD with no problems and hook it up to his new laptop to get all his info. He mentioned the fan wouldn't turn off? if it was the fan on your processor, it probably stalled and overheated the heatsink, therefore cooking it, you're mobo would still be fine along with everything else.Now if it was the fan on your powersupply, it would naturally overheat and burn out, which would result in you not being able to boot up at all. This shouldn't effect any other components.Definitley worth checking into though, i'd take it somewhere professional and let them have a look at it.I'm surprised the no-mind tech didn't mention that... I would have told him to shove his 88 dollars up his ass.

Best Buy may suck as far as computers but not Tv's IMHO. Don't get me wrong there may be better TV's out there but BB's are pretty good. The 61" Pioneer Plasma is pretty awesome.  One thing good about Pioneer's plasma is there's one wire going from the plasma to a box. That way there's less to hide. I believe on that plasma there are 2 HDMI connections. That way you can use your upconvergence (sp?) DVD player with one of em. Then get the HD Tivo deal and youo can record in HDTV.
I'll agree with you to an extent. I worked at BB for a little over a year, I now work at a much nicer place, making more money by selling on commission. Anyway, they have decent prices on the regular/low end stuff, but when you get into high-end electronics like the 61" pioneer they either don't carry it, or its way to expensive. I am also a little interested on what you got Daniel. Spending $22000 at BB is a feat I have yet to see, plus I'm a home theater ethusiast.~ Marcus
But forgive me for asking a dumb question, but what happened with Vida Guerra? I know who she is, but never heard about that.
Somebody managed to get Vida's personal nudie pics from her cell phone and posted them over the internet. Much like what happened to do that Paris Hilton, only Paris had it coming, IMO.
haha well im not positive but if your mother board isnt working can you take the harddrive out and get your info everything is saved there

I was thinking that too and you're right. Depending on how the mobo got fried, he should be able to remove his HD with no problems and hook it up to his new laptop to get all his info. He mentioned the fan wouldn't turn off? if it was the fan on your processor, it probably stalled and overheated the heatsink, therefore cooking it, you're mobo would still be fine along with everything else.Now if it was the fan on your powersupply, it would naturally overheat and burn out, which would result in you not being able to boot up at all. This shouldn't effect any other components.Definitley worth checking into though, i'd take it somewhere professional and let them have a look at it.I'm surprised the no-mind tech didn't mention that... I would have told him to shove his 88 dollars up his ass.

I would bet it was Best Buy Geek Squad 88 dollars.... Daniel am I right? Next time just make a post of what tech problem your having im sure you will get tons of feedback from everyone :-)
Best Buy may suck as far as computers but not Tv's IMHO. Don't get me wrong there may be better TV's out there but BB's are pretty good. The 61" Pioneer Plasma is pretty awesome. One thing good about Pioneer's plasma is there's one wire going from the plasma to a box. That way there's less to hide. I believe on that plasma there are 2 HDMI connections. That way you can use your upconvergence (sp?) DVD player with one of em. Then get the HD Tivo deal and youo can record in HDTV.
I'll agree with you to an extent. I worked at BB for a little over a year, I now work at a much nicer place, making more money by selling on commission. Anyway, they have decent prices on the regular/low end stuff, but when you get into high-end electronics like the 61" pioneer they either don't carry it, or its way to expensive. I am also a little interested on what you got Daniel. Spending $22000 at BB is a feat I have yet to see, plus I'm a home theater ethusiast.~ Marcus
They have the 61" Pioneer plasma at BB now(at least in Memphis). It's 10k. They have 3500 suround sound systems now, HD Tivo is 500, Monster wires, HDMI cables, and that 5 year protection plan would probably be about 17500. 3 years ago a 61" plasma was 35k.
Aside from that, well, I played in the Poker Superstars but I can't tell you what happened there (sorry).
Is that because... you're gay?!(It was a joke. I admit, not that funny, but hey.)
nice fifth post, retard

Yeah that tech must of been of been pretty worthless if he didn't know his harddrive was most likely good.
I am with Daniel, when computer sales people talk computer tech, I feel completely lost and quite stupid sometimes about it too. :-)
I can't speak for everyone, but I think most of us do so your not alone.