dn: full list of ps 3?

I think we're all a little curious as to who all is participating in this. I have seen that wikipedia has about 19 of the 24, but not the full list. Was wondering if you could help fill in the gaps. Here is what wikipedia has.1.Todd Brunson 2. Johnny "Oriental Express" Chan 3. Antonio "The Magician" Esfandiari 4. Chris "Jesus" Ferguson 5. Ted Forrest 6. Barry Greenstein 7. Joseph Hachem 8. Gus "The Great Dane" Hansen 9. Jennifer Harman 10. Phil Hellmuth Jr. 11. Phil Ivey 12. Erick Lindgren 13. Mike "The Mouth" Matusow 14. Chris Moneymaker 15. Daniel "Kid Poker" Negreanu 16. Greg "Fossilman" Raymer 17. Mike Sexton 18. Mimi Tran 19. Cyndy Violette I liked PS2, but it should have been renamed to "Poker SemiStars with a few SuperStars". They really got a lineup this year though. They also fixed the Semifinals which is a nice change. Gets rid of the awkard play in the 2nd matchup. They're really gonna have a ratings boost with this lineup. If only they could lower the blinds and show 2 hours of play they could really give the WPT a run for best poker show on TV.

I really would have liked to see a larger field with Laak, Fischman, DAgostino, Lederer, Bloch, Gazes, Gordon, Kevin Williamson III, and maybe a few wildcards like the Heads Up Championship had. You could throw in Tobey Maguire, Ben Afleck and James Woods.

I really would have liked to see a larger field with Laak, Fischman, DAgostino, Lederer, Bloch, Gazes, Gordon, Kevin Williamson III, and maybe a few wildcards like the Heads Up Championship had. You could throw in Tobey Maguire, Ben Afleck and James Woods.
Do you mean Robert Williamson III? I think the spots of Moneymaker and Tilly could be better spent though.
Do you mean Robert Williamson III? I think the spots of Moneymaker and Tilly could be better spent though.
Yeah thanks for the correction. I don't even know a Kevin... let alone a Kevin Williamson, so not sure where that came from.I think replacing Moneymaker with anyone would be an improvement. I can understand the Mimi Tran and Jennifer Tilly picks since they're trying to get some good female players. You know who I'd really like to have seen added is Paul Darden and Devilfish.edit: How could I forget my man Flack. I mean there are so many good players out there.
Surprised to see Jennifer Tilley in there and not Laak
She's won more bracelets than he has.
Whatever.Everyone knows she is there because she is a "real" celebrity.She could have come in 10th in that event and still been invited.Not taking anything away from her victory, but still, it's obvious why she is there.sex sells. sex + celebrities sells even more.- Jordan
Josh Arieh didnt get invited either.
I'd have liked to see him there. He sounded a little upset about it on his website. It's like anything though, they have to cap the number of players in this type of format. I can just think of a lot of people I would have inserted in place of a some of the participants. Moneymaker and Tilly are still big names to the general public (between his PS commercials and her movies). I'm sure it had a lot to do with marketing.Either way, I am excited to see it this spring.
Yeah thanks for the correction. I don't even know a Kevin... let alone a Kevin Williamson, so not sure where that came from.I think replacing Moneymaker with anyone would be an improvement. I can understand the Mimi Tran and Jennifer Tilly picks since they're trying to get some good female players. You know who I'd really like to have seen added is Paul Darden and Devilfish.edit: How could I forget my man Flack. I mean there are so many good players out there.
No problem. My name is Kevin so nice to meet you. :club:
ps always seems sterile to me, i dunno if its the editing or what it is but compared to WPT and wsop on tv i could sleep
i agree, i dont know what it is about this show. but its not very entertaining, half the time the players dont even look like they want to be there.

I always thought poker superstars to be a little boring, but by the looks of who's playing things might just get a little interesting. Of course after today's game, I don't think poker could ever get more interesting. :oops: :angel:

I always thought poker superstars to be a little boring, but by the looks of who's playing things might just get a little interesting. Of course after today's game, I don't think poker could ever get more interesting. :oops: :angel:
eh i think its not only the way they produce the show but also the format of the show, the first season was tits, since then theyve made it way too complicated IMO for god sakes its poker not march madness the excitement and gamble has been diluted

I can't wait to see some more of Jen Harman's play on TV. I also want to see Jeff Shulman do well, I haven't seen much of him but know that he made a damn good run and got pretty unlucky not to win the WSOP in 2000

Whatever.Everyone knows she is there because she is a "real" celebrity.She could have come in 10th in that event and still been invited.Not taking anything away from her victory, but still, it's obvious why she is there.sex sells. sex + celebrities sells even more.
she apparently was impressive (more than lucky) inwinning the ladies wsop, and also won WPT ladies III while looking like the best player at the tablecelebrity or not i think she deserves itnot to mention that she's not really that hot anymore : )
ps always seems sterile to me, i dunno if its the editing or what it is but compared to WPT and wsop on tv i could sleep
I don't think this will happen with this lineup. Crybaby Hellmuth is entertaining, the Mouth never lets the viewer fall asleep, and Daniel can't be unfunny. I dare him to try.
Moneymaker is possibly the worst player, and he is less than entertaining to watch on TV. He will never stop receiving invitations, though, as he is and will always be given a massive amount of credit for helping to launch poker to its unbelievable popularity.

With no disrespect meant to guys like Tommy Wang, Bobby Hoff, John Myung, or Mimi Tran, PS2 did not have a complete list of highly popular players. It seemed like a third of the group was well known (Doyle Brunson, Johnny Chan, Chris Moneymaker, etc.), a third were somewhat known (Barry Greenstein, David Sklansky, Cyndy Violette, etc.), and a third were completely new to most viewers (some of the above stated). This whole group are well known, be it from WPT appearances, WSOP appearances, or successful PS2 performances. Probably the least known from the group is Jeff Shulman, who has only gotten 2(?) brief appearances on the WSOP. Whether or not the poker sucks, this group, especially the Daniel matches, will be entertaining to watch. Anybody who enjoys watching poker and says Daniel does not make for good TV is a big liar.

Surprised and upset not to see Doyle playing this time around. Haven't seen him playing any of the big tourneys lately. Anybody know if he is having problems with his health?