donnie darko

thoughts on this movie? i finally just saw it and im not sure what to think. i liked the style, music, and the overall look of the movie. i dont completely get what happened yet, ill have to think about it a little more but i do get the basic chain of events. i guess ill say it was a good and original movie but ill probly have to watch it again. its one of those types.

Great acting, great cinematography, great acting, great dialogue. It's almost perfect......until the ending. Multiple interpretations my fat ass. It doesn't make any sense. It's the easiest thing in the world to write all this cryptic surreallism but then give a nonsense ending that has nothing to do with anything. Give me a James Cameron script any day.

if you see the director's cut, it basically spells everything out for you if you are somebody that doesnt quite get what was going on. i prefer the theatrical cut, but the directors cut is worth a view if you are a fan or want to know what is going on for sure.

Great acting, great cinematography, great acting, great dialogue. It's almost perfect......until the ending. Multiple interpretations my fat ass. It doesn't make any sense. It's the easiest thing in the world to write all this cryptic surreallism but then give a nonsense ending that has nothing to do with anything. Give me a James Cameron script any day.
:shock: its not just spelled out for you, but it makes sense...i agree that the director's cut gives more of an in-depth look at everything, but i personally liked the original better...but if you don't understand the ending, check out the director's cut

Donnie Darko was a good flick...You want a movie that I still dont understand that can be interpreted many ways is Mullholland Drive. Ive seen that one twice and I got no clue what its about.

Fell asleep on the couch half way through it. But my son loves the movie.
3 people have said they have slept through the second half of itwierd coincidence
yea and like 10 have said they thought it was great. you guys just suck at watching movies. you need to build up some endurance.
Give me a David Lynch script any day.
FYP
Ok, I read up on the Donnie Darko ending and it sounds like it make sense. But you're not going to tell me that Mulholland Drive makes any sense, or Lost Highway?
i thought mulholland drive made sense