blind battle oop.

Whoa.If I bet, I'm bet/calling too. I find it very difficult to lay down good hands in large pots.I'm just saying I think bet/folding is the best play. I don't see what raises us on the river that we beat.

But if he can't have those hands, then you're certainly behind more than 50% of the time here, which makes check/calling appropriate (since I can't imagine he folds a better hand to a bet).
You're misapplying the concept. When we are OOP on the river, we don't have to be better than 50% to bet. This only applies in last position. If we check, we allow him to check his weaker hands behind, (his two pair hands that just got counterfeited), while he can still bet the hands that beat us. We still have to call and put in 1BB. However, if we bet he will now call with those weak hands that he wouldn't bet. Even though we are a slight underdog when we bet, we still must do so because villian will call with more hands than he will bet. If he raises, we can be certain we're beat because of the turn action and nature of the board.
Sorry, you're right, I just realized I wasn't making sense.Assuming villain raises all better hands than yours, and never raises a worse hand, never folds to a bet, and never bets a worse hand when checked to, you have to be ahead more than 50% of the time to make b/c better than c/c.b/f is best as long as villain (almost) never raises with a worse hand, and (almost) never folds a worse hand that he would have bet if checked to.I think I agree that b/f is best here.
BTW, I would have check/folded the river if a blank hit.
:shock: please stopplease, just stop!that thinking keeps newbies like me from 3-betting he turn.Why?Because it gives our opponents a chance to Cap and then we have to fold UI on the river... "like a pro"Please. Stop!thanks you. In fact: why are you 3-betting the turn then anyway?ps. Maybe 3-6 that turn cap means more than it does at 1/2I would almost rather not have the info if it makes me fold for one more bet.
DON'T FREAKING BET/FOLD.DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY DONKEYS WILL RAISE THAT RIVER OUT OF FRUSTRATION WITH A COUNTERFEITTED TWO PAIR? OR AN OVERPLAYED J-X? OR A BUSTED DRAW?DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE SPEW SO MUCH ON BLIND BATTLES WITH ABOUT 2 MILLION HANDS THAT YOU BEAT RIGHT NOW?OH MY GOD.YOU WILL MAKE BABY JESUS CRY IF YOU BET/FOLD.aseem
Because it gives our opponents a chance to Cap and then we have to fold UI on the river... "like a pro"
I thought this wasn't a problem for you. :wink:
In fact: why are you 3-betting the turn then anyway?
His raise could be a semi-bluff. I could have the best hand. If I don't have the best hand, I have outs to a straight. The 3-bet is for value. When it gets capped, I know I have to improve on the river to win.
Maybe 3-6 that turn cap means more than it does at 1/2
I'd say it's around the same. If you're not against a maniac, it usually means a lot of strength.

Aseem, Though caps are making me cry. Please stop.Yeah, you and actuary are right. Random Beserko Factor comes into play often enough that I have to call the river if I bet. Not too mention the cost of replacing my laptop if I get shown a bluff.

If we believe his post flop AF is just barely over 1 then I probably check/call. He's not exactly passive but a 1 AF isn't capping the turn with nothing. I think that increases the chances that he has KT, KJ or Q9 enough to make me warry.Of course I'm not sure how much a believe a read on his AF after just 45 hands. Bet/call is probably the best. Check/Call is probably what I actually do.
haven't read all responses, so this might have been stated. but AF of over 1, for someone with VPIP over 50% is quite high.I think bet/call is the line here, but I might very easily bet/raise. As much as the possibility is completely ignored by screech, there are a significant range of hands he raises here that we are ahead of. With more hands, I'd look at his turn aggression to see the possibility he'd make that play with a poor king. Also, it would depend on how tricky he'd been, since most loose players will simply raise when they hit their cards, and not wait until the turn if he indeed flopped a set.

HOLY WOW... so i was reading the posts about bet folding, and i really wanted to get to the end of them so i could say bet folding makes baby jesus cry... THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I SEE THAT ASEEM BEAT ME TO IT!!!!! WTF... CMON ASEEM just because you contribute more than me doesn't mean you get to steal all the cool phrases...YOU MAKE BABY JESUS CRY :,(

I'm glad everyone has come to their senses. There's no way you could fold that river when it's back to you at 13-1 against a 56% player. Crying calls with trips are just way too +EV when the pot is that large.