How you play in tourneys?

I was curious about wether you feel better if you play poorly and make the money or if you play well and get beat before the bubble?I've had a case where I played really well and made the final table of a limit tourney with a big chip lead and then blow it and get 6th which kinda bummed me out about how i played at the final table.I've also been down to $30 in a MTSNG and came back to get 3rd. even though it Wasn't first I was just happy to accomplish what i did without tilting.Yesterday I got 37th in a 570 person limit tourney on Pokerstars and played terrible. I wasn't all that excited I got paid.Does anyone else go through these little cycles where they aren't satisfied if they are having good results?

I am happy if I just believe that throughout the tourny I made what I thought were the correct moves.. yea I get pissed when someone gets extremely lucky and I get knocked out of the money.. but I dont care cause in about 15 minutes another tourny is starting......+

I look at my decision making at the end of hands i get to see. Or hands I get caught in. I look at the situations and figure out of my reasoning was correct for that hand or tournament. I try not to look at the end result as sometimes it is out of your hands. When I make mistakes but still make the $ I'm glad I made it but I still focus on my mistakes and work to correct them. If I play well and get knocked out early don't get upset over the result, instead look at how you play. All you can do is get your money in with an advantage, the rest is up to the cards. :club:

I would be happier to play poorly and win then play well and bust out before the money as long as I was able to recognize my poor play and make corrections the next time. Playing poorly on a consistent basis is -EV.

ill take the money, no questions askedi'd rather be lucky than be goodbut i'd much rather be both lucky and goodi won a 3k on prima poker after getting really lucky at the final table and winning 4-5 coinflips and cracking about 2-3 big hands. i also got 4rd on the 4.5k by playing good solid poker, avoiding coinflips, and maximizing my good hands. i busted out after losing a 4-1 (qq v. 77), but you know what, winning 3k made me so much happier than getting 4th in the 4.5k

well, If I make some bad decisions that cause me to win a tourney. I'm definately still happy...I mean, after all I DID win a tourney. I think anyone that tells you that they'd be mad in this situation would be lying.of course it feels better to play poorly, get lucky and win, than to play great and lose.hower I dont usually feel bad when I play good poker and bust, but i do get mad when I bust because of a bad play.