daniel has gone and bumped his head!!!

Roethlisberger is overrated
if by overrated you mean 120.3 QB rating this season and an 18-2 career record, I agree.
Most of that came from the the defense and the rushing game.Excuse me.ALL of that came from the defense and the rushing game.Roethlisberger is efficient, but highly overrated
Every single football fan will agree with you....except Steeler fans.
And Except:John Madden, Michael Irvin, John Clayton, Phil Pasqualli, Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, Stuart Scott, Al Michaels, Tom Jackson, Jimmy Johnson, Dan Marino, Sean Salisbury, Chris Mortensen, ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC.Stop the hating.

Oh i love the public they are such morons. I am a sports Handicapper and I am not telling you who I am but I will tell ya a secret what no one realizes is that we are so full of it when we tell our clients all the research we do. I will tell you our biggest research we do is we go to wagerline.com and look at the games the public is 70% or higher are on and take the opposite and say its our Game of the Month or Game of the Year and then when we win all the moron gamblers think we are God and keep paying for our plays.

Roethlisberger is overrated
if by overrated you mean 120.3 QB rating this season and an 18-2 career record, I agree.
Most of that came from the the defense and the rushing game.Excuse me.ALL of that came from the defense and the rushing game.Roethlisberger is efficient, but highly overrated
Every single football fan will agree with you....except Steeler fans.
Dead-on Accurate :clap: Check out the games last year where he had his big QB ratings...all but one or two I believe were against bad/mediocre teams....if you want to show some impressive stats then show the most important stats....put up his Record and QB rating from the playoffs.......oh wait...you won't....thought notI refer you to my post on Big Ben in early August.http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...ghlight=#330802I humbly challenge Steeler faithful to strike this evidence down.Good day.
Oh i love the public they are such morons. I am a sports Handicapper and I am not telling you who I am  but I will tell ya a secret what no one realizes is that we are so full of it when we tell our clients  all  the research we do. I will tell you our biggest research we do is we go to wagerline.com and look at the  games the  public is 70% or higher are on and take the  opposite and say its our Game of the Month or Game of the  Year and then when we win all the moron gamblers think we are God and keep paying for our plays.
I am not telling you who I am but I am a former Chicago Bull shooting guard that went to North Carolina and wore #23 except for 1/2 year when I came back from baseball and wore #45 and my name is Michael Jordan
Oh i love the public they are such morons. I am a sports Handicapper and I am not telling you who I am  but I will tell ya a secret what no one realizes is that we are so full of it when we tell our clients  all  the research we do. I will tell you our biggest research we do is we go to wagerline.com and look at the  games the  public is 70% or higher are on and take the  opposite and say its our Game of the Month or Game of the  Year and then when we win all the moron gamblers think we are God and keep paying for our plays.
Stu Feiner....Is that you?
When random dudes tell you they have a "lock" for you, bet the other way and in the long run you'll hit 60%.  Seriously, I knew a guy who used to go to 20 bars and offer a $100 contest to the guy who picke the most winners at each bar.  He would then look at the top three games the public liked, and bet the other way... he hit 75% for a full season.   Thanks Steelers fans! LOL.
DN -- you are absolutely right. Especially in the NFL -- if it looks too easy, it is (about 2/3 of the time, I'd guess).There are websites you can visit that tell the percentages wagered on each side of a game, to simplify just who JOE PUBLIC is wagering on this weekend. No need for the 20 bar tour.In any case, bet the other way (and remember -- it will almost always feel like you're making a mistake because you'll be wagering on a team that has looked terrible or is playing a fearsome opponent, etc. etc.) Forget that crap, just bet it.There is some great information on this type of play at everyedge.com (look up the "House Plays" threads).Consistent money maker....
Oh i love the public they are such morons. I am a sports Handicapper and I am not telling you who I am but I will tell ya a secret what no one realizes is that we are so full of it when we tell our clients all the research we do. I will tell you our biggest research we do is we go to wagerline.com and look at the games the public is 70% or higher are on and take the opposite and say its our Game of the Month or Game of the Year and then when we win all the moron gamblers think we are God and keep paying for our plays.
sorry dude you are just a tout not a sports handicapper...if you are then you are low rent sorry its the truth...although it is kinda funny when ppl call you guys up expecting to make millions. Its fun to play with peoples emotions like that. :wink: :club:
the reason you go against the public is because vegas usually hits the line pretty close to accurate over enough games. when the public bets one way heavily, it moves the line, therefore if vegas is money most of the time, when the line moves and you go against the public, you win a few extra games because you get a point here and there due to the movement.
Not exactly, in my opinion. Although points are good to be getting, obviously, the line movement is a reflection that the books may not be entirely comfortable with the amount of action on one side, so they are looking to balance it out.The scenario you REALLY want to look for is when the line actually moves the OPPOSITE way as to what you would think. As in, supposing 80% of the wagering public are betting on the red hot Bengals at home to beat the crap out the crapA$$ Texans. Say the spread opened at Cincy -7 1/2 pts. With all that action on Cincy, the spread SHOULD move to a larger number (IF the books are indeed looking for balanced action). Now suppose the line starts to shrink, down to 7.....maybe even 6 1/2 (now you're crossing a KEY # which is HUGE so EVERYONE is thinking....well this is a nobrainer -- Cincy will definitely win by at least a TD.This leads to even FURTHER betting on the Bungles, which leads me to think, WTF in the name of JHChrist is the House doing?? Is this a mistake?? This isn't the so-called "balanced" action they supposedly seek for every game! They are practically BEGGING people to take the Bengals.So what do you do?Forget that Carr is terrible and has no supporting cast and an idiot coach and a winless team that has been getting outclassed every week and that Carson Palmer is the next great QB and that Chad Johnson is money and that they've got a run game, too and homefield advantage and the stars are aligned, etc. etc.......Ride with the House and bet the TEXANS! Some guys at everyedge have devised a system of sorts based on this -- and you'd have to check the #s but I'm pretty sure it's been running at about 65% the past couple of years since they've been tracking it. Some people don't believe in it, and say the House ALWAYS wants balanced action so they just take their vig and don't sweat the games, but you CAN'T ARGUE WITH THE RESULTS!!By the way -- someone was asking about sportsbetting and whether or not it is +EV. THey got some responses from successful sports bettors.Let me just say this -- I know WAY, WAY more about football than I do about poker, but my sports wagering "career" is probably down about $3000, while my poker "career" (one year) is up about $2000.Only recently have I been able to trust in systems like the above and actually break even at sports betting. I do love it, though......now I'm rambling....

Anyone who says Ben is overrated are jealous he doesnt play for there team. He plays on a run first pass 2nd team. At Miami-Ohio he threw for a ton of yards. He can throw the long ball, the short one,the touch pass & he can scramble. He has lost only ONE regular season game and has led his team on 6 last minute drives to win. Football fans in general agree, he is the real deal. And by the way, only people who wish he played for there team think he is overrated.52675449_10.jpg

I love all the hating on Big Ben. Wow as a rookie he struggled some against good defenses?? What a shocker!while Karr and others would point you to stats I challenge Ben's detractors to actually watch him play a game or two.He still has some trouble reading defenses and throwing to his 3rd and 4th options on passing plays.however, he is accurate, mobile and does the little things like solid play action faking. He throws well on the run, feels pressure well and obviously can handle the spotlight of the QB position. Plus by all accounts he is a good leader which is important.instead of paying attention to this we get drivel like "check out his postseason stats." He has played two games in the postseason to date....poker players should know about sample size. furthermore, rookie QBs dont often win enough to even get in the playoffs. Lastly, his postseason stats must be looked at properly. They are bad because he was awful against the patriots. The patriots of 2003-2004 made a habit of making good QBs look terrible. (See: Manning, Peyton)If you think the Steelers are not fortunate to have Big ben and think that he will not be a good starting QB in this league for years......well you dont know football thats for sure.