At about 9:00pm I got a phone call from Abe letting me know that the game was about to start, and I told him I'd be down there by about 10:00pm.I'll tell you this much, in my games the guy getting the phone call is usually a player we want in the game....

no offense, but I don't think you can draw comparisons between your game and their game. For all we know, DN might have asked Abe to call him when the game was starting.
no offense, but have you ever heard of occam's razor? Abe may have a gay crush on danny and be calling him for that reason, but it seems unlikely.

Don't know if I would call him the "live one" but I am sure none of those guys are afraid to play him. The same way he's not afraid to play them.He did leave a nice chunk of change on the table though so who knows maybe he is the live one.

NO OFFENSE-but why are you trying to start a pathetic flame war, when all I did was make a counterpoint to your point. You don't know that DN is the "live one" just as much as I don't know that he isn't.

NO OFFENSE-but why are you trying to start a pathetic flame war, when all I did was make a counterpoint to your point. You don't know that DN is the "live one" just as much as I don't know that he isn't.
exactly
I don't know if you're agreeing with me or trying to point something out to me, but....exactly! :club:
I get calls from friends telling me that they're gonna play and I'm the best player outta the group.
Nice avatar...Alexis Bledel doesn't get enough attention!
She's mine!!! :club:
Her boyfriend was filming around my school recently. I kinda wanted to hunt him down. Also, she's mine.
exactly
I don't know if you're agreeing with me or trying to point something out to me, but....exactly! :club:
just agreeing
exactly
just agreeing
Well, thank you!
I get calls from friends telling me that they're gonna play and I'm the best player outta the group.
Nice avatar...Alexis Bledel doesn't get enough attention!
She's mine!!! :club:
You want to play heads up for her?
The question mark in the title indicates to me that he is not calling DN the live one, but rather wondering.

Negreanu is too well-rounded of a player to be the "live one", and has too much experience early in his career in the lower grind----probably more than anyone in the big game to even be considered a dog against that competition.Moreover, his bankroll is beyond sufficient to handle the swings in this game.

Negreanu is too well-rounded of a player to be the "live one", and has too much experience early in his career in the lower grind----probably more than anyone in the big game to even be considered a dog against that competition.Moreover, his bankroll is beyond sufficient to handle the swings in this game.
:clap: :clap: :clap: That wasn't so hard was it?
I'm not too sure about that.
I'm not too sure about that.
There aren't a lot of players at that level that played low limits for a living. Negreanu is one of them. There's no way a guy who understands cash games/liveaction dynamics the way a low-limit girnder does, could be considerd a "live one".He worked his way up limits from 10/20.But i respect your opinion.
There aren't a lot of players at that level that played low limits for a living.
Actually, I always thought that most of the players in the big game all started by grinding it out at the low limits (with the exception of the whales). Of course I have nothing to back that up though so I could be wrong.
At about 9:00pm I got a phone call from Abe letting me know that the game was about to start, and I told him I'd be down there by about 10:00pm.I'll tell you this much, in my games the guy getting the phone call is usually a player we want in the game....
The reason Abe is calling DN is because Daniel is the only one that answers his annoying questions (i.e. why did you bet there?).