i could cry... or kill

nice anti-semitic comment as well as family loyality :roll:
yeah. stylin that was poor form. If this guy's brother does it AGAIN that would be one thing.....but he is obviously sorry and making a very good attempt at making things right.
Lol, all I said is that my brother continually jews me. I don't know if you thought I was ragging on his brother or something but I was talking about my own brother.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE:  I get a call from my girlfriend at home.  She took the day off of work to pack because we're going to Disneyland this weekend.  My brother shows up at the house with 2 friends.  They start bringing boxes in my house.  He drops off 3 boxes and a letter, tells my girlfriend he's really sorry and leaves.  She calls me.  I tell her to open the boxes and read me the letter.  The letter has 262.25 in cash and a receipt saying 0 balance in his savings account.  The letter also says that he packed his stereo, his basketball card collection, his throwback jerseys, and his PS2, Xbox, and roughly 30 games for the PS and 40 for XBOX.  He said they are now mine.  He also said that when his XBOX 360 comes in it's also mine.  Now I feel like I'm running a shylock.  I'm considering giving him some of it.  He is my brother.  My mom called me and asked what happened because he didn't come out of his room last night and won't talk to anyone.  I think he's learned his lesson.  I still want him to take responsibility but I don't know anymore if I should take everything he owns.  I make  a great living and am not out to break him, just teach him a lesson.  Also, should I tell my parents about this?  I can't decide what to do.  Maybe the happiest place on earth will clear my mind...
I'd keep his stuff for awhile. Then in like a few weeks, give all his stuff back to him. Just to kind of teach him a lesson.
Sounds like a good idea.I have to say that your brother seems to be handling this pretty darn well for a 15 year old. I'm impressed by his attempts to make amends. I went from wanting him dead to respecting him in about 1 hour.
]Blood isn't thicker than 1' date='100. [/b'] Take it from someone who has loaned his brother money plenty of times and they continually jew you.PLEASE......its 1100 bucks' date=' so what. He fukked up and is trying to atone.He's your brother, [b']if god forbid he got hit by a bus tomorrow you wouldn't give a fuk about the $1100.
I wouldn't?[/quote]Hey fair enough, didn't mean to put words in your mouth.For me no amount of money is worth seeing any harm whatsoever fall upon my little brothers.

From what it sounds like your brother is feeling like absolute garbage over the situation (as he should). As brutal as losing that money is, he's your brother. I can only imagine what it would feel like to lose even my meager roll but if you have a full time job, and are making some ok bank, then maybe you need to not take EVERYTHING he has. I mean he gave you anything of value to him. I think you need to just sit down with him and explain just what that bankroll meant to you. From what I can tell it wasnt just that it was $1100, it was the time, effort, management, and everything else that meant so much. If the kid really feels awful and still wants to atone for the cash set up a plan where he gets his material stuff back for now but pays you $50 a month AND take that damn X-box 360. (money doesnt even mean as much as video games to a 15yr old). He does need to be held responsible but if you take everything this kid has then he is going to stay in that room of his for life. Good luck in whatever you choose to do though. I feel your pain.

]Blood isn't thicker than 1' date='100. [/b'] Take it from someone who has loaned his brother money plenty of times and they continually jew you.PLEASE......its 1100 bucks' date=' so what. He fukked up and is trying to atone.He's your brother, [b']if god forbid he got hit by a bus tomorrow you wouldn't give a fuk about the $1100.
I wouldn't?[/quote]Hey fair enough, didn't mean to put words in your mouth.For me no amount of money is worth seeing any harm whatsoever fall upon my little brothers.
Well there's the difference, he's older then me.And I never said anything about me wanting my brother to die because of all the money he's taken from me.
Am I the only one that was expecting the last line to be..."Can someone please transfer me 10 bucks so I can start another run???"
I'm not looking for that at all. I could reload another 1100 on there if I wanted to but that's not the point. Like I said, I make a good living so it's not that I'm grubby for money. I was hurt by the fact that I spent a lot of time working hard at something only to have it taken away from me. I'm big on the thought that you never gamble money you can't afford to lose. And it wasn't his money to lose. I'm gonna give him a little more time to think about it and probably when I get back Monday I'll give him a couple things back. Give it a couple weeks and give him more. Eventually I'll give it all back to him. BUT THAT XBOX360 IS MINE! That's his punishment. I'll keep the parents out of it. I'm kind of proud that he's owning up to his mistake and trying to be a man...
When I first read this story, I thought geeeez that little fucker (your brother) ...deserves what ever he gets....but now I find myself feeling sorry for him. LOL. I think you're handling the right way. Give him stuff back a little at the time, but keep the new XBox (and I'd keep the cash too). He's shown some character at trying to atone for this...good for him. Good luck and it hope it all works out!
I have to say that your brother seems to be handling this pretty darn well for a 15 year old. I'm impressed by his attempts to make amends. I went from wanting him dead to respecting him in about 1 hour.
He really is a good kid. First time I've ever had an issue with him about anything. I'm 25 so we got about a 10 year gap between us though. That's why I was so hurt instead of mad. He's never done anything like this. I fully expect this will be his last. I think in 10 years we will laugh about this.By the way StylinFish, I know what you meant. I know you weren't raggin on my brother but your own. We're cool. :-)

Well there's the difference, he's older then me.And I never said anything about me wanting my brother to die because of all the money he's taken from me.Your right its a protection thing I guess, and I know you didn't say anything about your bro getting hurt.Tis all good.

UPDATE: I get a call from my girlfriend at home. She took the day off of work to pack because we're going to Disneyland this weekend. My brother shows up at the house with 2 friends. They start bringing boxes in my house. He drops off 3 boxes and a letter, tells my girlfriend he's really sorry and leaves. She calls me. I tell her to open the boxes and read me the letter. The letter has 262.25 in cash and a receipt saying 0 balance in his savings account. The letter also says that he packed his stereo, his basketball card collection, his throwback jerseys, and his PS2, Xbox, and roughly 30 games for the PS and 40 for XBOX. He said they are now mine. He also said that when his XBOX 360 comes in it's also mine. Now I feel like I'm running a shylock. I'm considering giving him some of it. He is my brother. My mom called me and asked what happened because he didn't come out of his room last night and won't talk to anyone. I think he's learned his lesson. I still want him to take responsibility but I don't know anymore if I should take everything he owns. I make a great living and am not out to break him, just teach him a lesson. Also, should I tell my parents about this? I can't decide what to do. Maybe the happiest place on earth will clear my mind...
yeah he is acting in the correct manner. very stand up offer from him. I would keep some of it and give some of it back.....maybe keep the XBOX and let him have the XBOX360.
Exactly. He's learned his lesson. And by the way, it's only 1100 and your brother is only 15.Don't take money too seriously and ruin a brother relationship. Or maybe it's just the way Americans think is different than me Asian.Money is not everything.

My recomendation, keep everything that he's given you and keep the X-box 360 and call it even after that. He owned up as best he could, now you have a nice cruel joke to play on him for the rest of your lives, that is much better then squeezing him for the rest of the money. You might try to teach him how to play poker also, and yeah, keeping the parents out of it is best, he's owned up and if you are cool about it to him, everything will be all good

UPDATE: I get a call from my girlfriend at home. She took the day off of work to pack because we're going to Disneyland this weekend. My brother shows up at the house with 2 friends. They start bringing boxes in my house. He drops off 3 boxes and a letter, tells my girlfriend he's really sorry and leaves. She calls me. I tell her to open the boxes and read me the letter. The letter has 262.25 in cash and a receipt saying 0 balance in his savings account. The letter also says that he packed his stereo, his basketball card collection, his throwback jerseys, and his PS2, Xbox, and roughly 30 games for the PS and 40 for XBOX. He said they are now mine. He also said that when his XBOX 360 comes in it's also mine. Now I feel like I'm running a shylock. I'm considering giving him some of it. He is my brother. My mom called me and asked what happened because he didn't come out of his room last night and won't talk to anyone. I think he's learned his lesson. I still want him to take responsibility but I don't know anymore if I should take everything he owns. I make a great living and am not out to break him, just teach him a lesson. Also, should I tell my parents about this? I can't decide what to do. Maybe the happiest place on earth will clear my mind...
You two need to have a long talk about this and settle all that bad blood between you and your bro, make sure he understands what he did wrong and just make things cool again, hes young and is going to make mistakes, just make sure he learns from them. I was also thinking, you should teach your brother how to play some serious poker. think about it, this could be +EV for the both of you. He could make some money to pay you back, and some money for himself to start up his savings account again. start off with responsible gambling and bankroll management, loan him some of your poker books, and just help him out and teach him the ropes.remember, teaching brother poker is +EV
On a side note....What game was he playing that he turned $1100 into $.97? Also, nice work on turning the $50 into $1100, thats pretty solid whoever you are!
I didn't ask. I didn't want to know either to be honest with you. I'm going to do what I said earlier. As for poker. I think when I return on Monday I'll reload maybe 200 in there and build it up. It's not about the money. I don't primarily play poker for money. Thats why I have a good job. I play because it's fun and I love the competition. I love to win. It's very cerebral, very similar to chess, which I also love. It just so happens that in poker you keep score with money. I wouldn't ruin a relationship with my brother for 10 million bucks, much less 1100.
Also, nice work on turning the $50 into $1100, thats pretty solid whoever you are!
Gus Hanson, on his road back to recovery : poker pro millionaire turned broke street bum : back on the grind, and the evil brother
yeah he is acting in the correct manner. very stand up offer from him. I would keep some of it and give some of it back.....maybe keep the XBOX and let him have the XBOX360.
Exactly. He's learned his lesson. And by the way, it's only 1100 and your brother is only 15.Don't take money too seriously and ruin a brother relationship.
Bullshit. After he gives you all of his possessions you open up with a jumping roundhouse to the chin. And as he's laying on the floor you turn his ass into a foot warmer, and when you're done surgically removing your foot from his hind end you can give him a sleeper hold he'll never forget. Don't forget to stab a pirate flag into his leg before you walk away.Hahahaha that vision was just too funny to let go. K seriously it's good that 1) you don't need the money, and 2) he's being as responsible as he can be in the given situation. Keep some of his stuff for a week or two, and then give a little bit of it back. Definitely keep the 360, but I wouldn't go nuts over 1,100 either. You're a good man.
I many may not agree but I think he has attoned and feels bad.I think this should be enough. Forgive him and let him know it's ok.Blood is thicker than water. Oprah channeling is now over. 8)
Blood isn't thicker than 1,100. Take it from someone who has loaned his brother money plenty of times and they continually jew you.
i don't mind the jokes, and I'm no PC-nut, but that's really unnecessary. a joke is a joke, but that reeks of the undercurrent of real anti-semitism that does take place in North america today.cheers,daniel
he forgot to send over his tv, better go get it

It's cool that he wants to make amends, but, Don't take his stuff.You don't really know the value he places on the stuff he is offering and it certainly won't have the same value to you. Especially compared to an $1100 BR. If he finds a way to get another XBox, the one he gives you will have no value to him.He does need to be faced with consequences tho. I would suggest taking it in labor. Surely you and the wife would like to have the housework taken care of for the next several weeks/months, or regular detailing of the autos. That sort of thing. When I was a kid, I would much rather give up things I could replace or didn't care about anymore than to spend hours doing chores.My .02--Blink

I many may not agree but I think he has attoned and feels bad.I think this should be enough. Forgive him and let him know it's ok.Blood is thicker than water. Oprah channeling is now over. 8)
Blood isn't thicker than 1,100. Take it from someone who has loaned his brother money plenty of times and they continually jew you.
i don't mind the jokes, and I'm no PC-nut, but that's really unnecessary. a joke is a joke, but that reeks of the undercurrent of real anti-semitism that does take place in North america today.cheers,daniel
Probably the funniest thing I've ever read on here.