$50 to $1000 on pstars day..um 11? i think...

The GoalTo turn $50 in my first Pokerstars deposit into $1000.The RulesI'll play only Limit games, primarily Holdem, though I might mix in some O8 or Stud etc. later on.I won't move up in limits without at least 300BB for the new limit. I will post hands that I win and lose and explain my thinking behind how I played them.I'm too lazy to spellcheck. Deal with it.Day 11? Triple digits baby.Cranked out a few thousand hands while I was semi-awake this early morning three-tabling and then took .80 off some poor bastard at .02/.04 heads up before he came to his senses and left.Per request, fifty hands in a row, over three tables so some of the names will obviously be diffrent:*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [Js 3d]gagray1: folds mcnewlin: folds easygoin joins the table at seat #6 Ego Boy: calls $0.05thecandle: folds Fold like the Argentine army in the 80s.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [5c As]contraban: folds PeaceTatoo joins the table at seat #5 Ferret001: calls $0.05MattNie: raises $0.05 to $0.10thecandle: folds Fold like an oragami master.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [4s Kc]docholiday87: calls $0.05gagray1: folds mcnewlin: folds Ego Boy: folds thecandle: folds Fold like someone who folds k4o a lot.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [Tc 4h]MattNie: folds docholiday87: calls $0.05gagray1: folds mcnewlin: calls $0.05Ego Boy: calls $0.03thecandle: checksCheck like Kasparov. *** FLOP *** [3d 9h 2s]Ego Boy: checks thecandle: foldsYou know, sometimes when I'm three tabling, I just fold really horrible BB hands on the flop. I guess if it came TT on the turn and river after everyone checked around the flop I'd be upset. hasn't happened yet, though. Dealt to thecandle [8h 6c]bunny25639: raises $0.05 to $0.10TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: folds Don't call two cold with 86o. Or one cold. Or complete a blind with it. Dealt to thecandle [7c Kh]aray kopo: calls $0.05contraban: folds Ferret001: calls $0.05MattNie: calls $0.05thecandle: folds Fold like...damn I'm starting to run out of these...like...um...like...the Oj jury!Dealt to thecandle [Qd 7h]billye2: folds aray kopo: checks contraban: folds Ferret001: folds MattNie: calls $0.03thecandle: checksQueen seven offsuit is called "the computer hand" no one really seems clear why. *** FLOP *** [2s Kc 8s]MattNie: checks thecandle: checks aray kopo: bets $0.05MattNie: folds thecandle: foldsNot much happening on the flop. Dealt to thecandle [8h 4s]thecandle: foldsFold like Mayor McCheese after the big all beef patty scandal. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [7h As]radishly: calls $0.05Ego Boy: calls $0.05bunny25639: folds TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: foldsWe're all clear that Axo suck right? A2o sucks and A9o sucks.Dealt to thecandle [Ac 5d]bomblade leaves the tableTheIguanaNo1: calls $0.05thecandle: foldsA5 too. Dealt to thecandle [4d 5d]Ego Boy: folds thecandle: calls $0.05MattNie: calls $0.0550RK: folds docholiday87: folds gagray1: calls $0.03mcnewlin: checks I rarely play little suited connectors at all, but the table was very passive so I figured I'd take a shot. *** FLOP *** [Td Kh 3d]gagray1: checks mcnewlin: checks thecandle: checks MattNie: checks *** TURN *** [Td Kh 3d] [7s]gagray1: checks mcnewlin: checks thecandle said, "?"thecandle: checks MattNie: checks *** RIVER *** [Td Kh 3d 7s] [Qs]gagray1: checks mcnewlin: checks thecandle: checks MattNie: bets $0.10gagray1: folds mcnewlin: folds thecandle: foldsAll the cards for one bet, not bad! *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [As Kc]FLFeline: calls $0.05radishly: folds Ego Boy: calls $0.05bunny25639: calls $0.05TheIguanaNo1: raises $0.05 to $0.10thecandle: raises $0.05 to $0.15MattNie: folds Machootie: folds billye2: folds FLFeline: folds Ego Boy: calls $0.10bunny25639: folds TheIguanaNo1: calls $0.05That's right 3-bet AK. You heard me. Three-bet it, damn it.*** FLOP *** [Ah 2h 3d]Ego Boy: checks TheIguanaNo1: checks thecandle: bets $0.05Ego Boy: folds TheIguanaNo1: calls $0.05Obviously bet out on the butotn when it's checked to you on this flop.*** TURN *** [Ah 2h 3d] [Js]TheIguanaNo1: checks thecandle: bets $0.10billye2 said, "watch out for candle"TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle collected $0.74 from potthecandle: doesn't show hand Dunno what he was in there calling three preflop with, but whatever.Note the random person warning people to beward of me!!*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [Kh 7h]bomblade: folds MattNie: calls $0.05TheIguanaNo1: raises $0.05 to $0.10thecandle: calls $0.05billye2: folds contraban: folds Ferret001: calls $0.05MattNie: calls $0.05I guess I must have posted a blind coming back from smoking or something. I'll call one bet with Ax or Kx suited on a loosish table most of the time. *** FLOP *** [3d 2s 7c]Ferret001: checks MattNie: checks TheIguanaNo1: bets $0.05thecandle: calls $0.05Ferret001: folds MattNie: calls $0.05Should have really raised here to drop overcard players, but I didn't.*** TURN *** [3d 2s 7c] [Qd]MattNie: checks TheIguanaNo1: bets $0.10thecandle: folds MattNie: folds TheIguanaNo1 collected $0.59 from potTheIguanaNo1: doesn't show handNot that intrested in playing my middle pair in this small of a pot. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [Qh Kd]mcnewlin: folds ThePolarBear: folds Ego Boy: calls $0.05thecandle: raises $0.05 to $0.10MattNie: folds 50RK: calls $0.10ThePolarBear is sitting outdocholiday87: folds gagray1: folds Ego Boy: calls $0.05Raise KQ if it's not raised when it gets to you, fold it if it's been raised. I know. Just do it, ok?*** FLOP *** [9s Td Jh]Ego Boy: checks thecandle: bets $0.0550RK: folds Ego Boy: calls $0.05Now that's a flop baby!*** TURN *** [9s Td Jh] [5c]Ego Boy: checks thecandle: bets $0.10Ego Boy: calls $0.10I wasn't really intrested in slowplaying the flopped nut straight, I could have gone for a check raise on the flop, but having it checked around sucks, and I'm not intrested in making AJ think too hard about calling the whole way.*** RIVER *** [9s Td Jh 5c] [7d]Ego Boy: checks thecandle: bets $0.10Ego Boy: calls $0.10*** SHOW DOWN ***thecandle: shows [Qh Kd] (a straight, Nine to King)Ego Boy: shows [9d Tc] (two pair, Tens and Nines)thecandle collected $0.87 from potEgo Boy said, "nh"Why he didn't raise the flop with two pair Ihave no idea. I would have.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [5h Jc]gagray1: folds mcnewlin: folds ThePolarBear: calls $0.05Ego Boy: calls $0.05thecandle: checks MattNie: folds 50RK: folds docholiday87: checks *** FLOP *** [Qh 4s 5s]docholiday87: checks ThePolarBear: bets $0.05Ego Boy: calls $0.05thecandle: calls $0.05docholiday87: foldsI honestly don't know why I called the flop bet. Don't like money I guess. Nothing really warrants it, sometimes middle pair is just middle pair. *** TURN *** [Qh 4s 5s] [4h]ThePolarBear: bets $0.10Ego Boy: folds thecandle: folds ThePolarBear collected $0.39 from potThePolarBear: doesn't show hand Like it even less with a pair on the board.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [3s 6d]thecandle: folds/shrug*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [9h Kd]TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: foldsK9o sucks. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [2h Th]MattNie: folds billye2 said, "love free cards lol"TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: folds 2Ts sucks.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [6c 6d]Ego Boy: calls $0.05thecandle: calls $0.05MattNie: folds 50RK: folds docholiday87: raises $0.05 to $0.10gagray1: folds mcnewlin: folds ThePolarBear: calls $0.05Ego Boy: calls $0.05thecandle: calls $0.05A real hand, wired sixes!! Not that exciting really,*** FLOP *** [4s 5d 9c]ThePolarBear: checks Ego Boy: checks thecandle: checks docholiday87: checks *** TURN *** [4s 5d 9c] [Kc]ThePolarBear: bets $0.10Ego Boy: raises $0.10 to $0.20thecandle: folds No set, no way I'm calling one bet never mind two big bets cold.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [Qc 3h]bunny25639: folds TheIguanaNo1: calls $0.05thecandle: folds/shrug again. Dealt to thecandle [Jd 4d]bomblade: folds MattNie: calls $0.05TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: foldsBut it's sooooooooted!!!Still sucks.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [Kd Jd]Ego Boy: folds bunny25639: calls $0.05TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: calls $0.05MattNie: folds Machootie: calls $0.05billye2: folds FLFeline: checksSometimes I raise KJs in position if there are a lot of people in before me. Not the case here. *** FLOP *** [Tc 9s 6c]FLFeline: checks bunny25639: bets $0.05thecandle: calls $0.05Machootie: calls $0.05FLFeline: foldsOvercards, gutshot, out of position to try for a feee card. Etc. *** TURN *** [Tc 9s 6c] [Ks]bunny25639: checks thecandle: bets $0.10Machootie: calls $0.10bunny25639: calls $0.10Probbaly best here, allthough JQ is a little scary.*** RIVER *** [Tc 9s 6c Ks] [9d]bunny25639: checks thecandle: checks Machootie: checksMissed a value bet here. No idea why. *** SHOW DOWN ***bunny25639: shows [2d Td] (two pair, Tens and Nines)thecandle: shows [Kd Jd] (two pair, Kings and Nines)Machootie: mucks hand thecandle collected $0.67 from potShould have made that easy river value bet. Typical mistake I make three-tabling on ocassion, part of why moy per table rate goes down a little.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [5s 6d]mcnewlin: folds ThePolarBear: calls $0.05Ego Boy: calls $0.05thecandle: foldsFlop was 347. Cest la vie. Still a load of crap pre-flop. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [Qd Ad]Ferret001: folds bomblade: folds MattNie: calls $0.05TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: raises $0.05 to $0.10DUB-T: calls $0.10billye2: folds nightnight: folds contraban: folds MattNie: calls $0.05Yes, raise AQs. Three bet AQs too if the opportuiity arises.*** FLOP *** [3d 5d 5h]MattNie: checks thecandle: bets $0.05DUB-T: folds MattNie: folds thecandle collected $0.37 from potthecandle: doesn't show hand Sometimes I bet,sometimes I check. Raising pre-flop definately increases my fold equity on the flop.Dealt to thecandle [5d 2c]contraban: folds Ferret001: calls $0.05bomblade: folds MattNie: folds TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: foldseh. Dealt to thecandle [Ad 4s]FLFeline: folds Ego Boy: folds bunny25639: calls $0.05MattNie said, "thx"TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: foldsJunk. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [7d 5c]bigd7498: folds mcnewlin: folds ThePolarBear: folds Ego Boy: folds thecandle: foldsAlso junk. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [Jh Js]nightnight: folds contraban: raises $0.05 to $0.10Ferret001: calls $0.05bomblade: folds MattNie: calls $0.10TheIguanaNo1: raises $0.05 to $0.15thecandle: raises $0.05 to $0.20Betting is cappedDUB-T: folds billye2: folds contraban: calls $0.10Ferret001: folds MattNie: calls $0.10TheIguanaNo1: calls $0.05Yes, I capped with JJ. Do I allways cap with JJ? No. Why did I here? I honeslty don't remember. Probably the three-bettor was very agressive.*** FLOP *** [3c Td Qs]contraban: checks MattNie: checks TheIguanaNo1: checks thecandle: bets $0.05contraban: calls $0.05MattNie: folds TheIguanaNo1: calls $0.05Not the ideal flop, but I'm probably ahead much of the time, and if not my pf cap is scary enough to occasionally fold a weak queen.*** TURN *** [3c Td Qs] [8c]contraban: checks TheIguanaNo1: checks thecandle: bets $0.10contraban: calls $0.10TheIguanaNo1: calls $0.10I'm still hopefull I'm looking at AK and AK or something and figure I'm still best most of the time here.*** RIVER *** [3c Td Qs 8c] [4c]contraban: checks TheIguanaNo1: checks thecandle: checksI decide I've probably put enough bets into this thing to fold anything better than JJ by now who is going to fold to one more bet and I figure AK is probbaly folding, and the flush is raising so I check it. *** SHOW DOWN ***contraban: shows [Jc Jd] (a pair of Jacks)TheIguanaNo1: mucks hand thecandle: shows [Jh Js] (a pair of Jacks)contraban collected $0.71 from potthecandle collected $0.71 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $1.42 | Rake $0 Board [3c Td Qs 8c 4c]Seat 1: MattNie folded on the FlopSeat 2: TheIguanaNo1 mucked [Kd Ah]Seat 3: thecandle (button) showed [Jh Js] and won ($0.71) with a pair of JacksWell, one of them had AK! Split pots are like kissing your sister. Allthough I don't have a sister, so I couldn't tell you what that was like, really.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [8s 9s]billye2: folds FLFeline: folds Ego Boy: calls $0.05bunny25639: calls $0.05TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: calls $0.05MattNie: raises $0.05 to $0.10Machootie: calls $0.05Ego Boy: calls $0.05bunny25639: calls $0.05thecandle: calls $0.05I'm not a huge fam of suited connectors and I think a lot of people overplay them postflop, but I'll take a look occasionally. I'm not thrilled about having to pay two bets pf to do it, but it happens. Can't fold to one more.*** FLOP *** [Kd 2h Td]MattNie: bets $0.05Machootie: calls $0.05Ego Boy: calls $0.05bunny25639: raises $0.05 to $0.10thecandle: foldsCan't call here for obvious reasons. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [4c 6h]gagray1: checks bigd7498: folds mcnewlin: folds ThePolarBear: folds Ego Boy: calls $0.05thecandle: foldsJunk *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [7d Ts]billye2: folds nightnight: calls $0.05contraban: raises $0.05 to $0.10bomblade: folds MattNie: calls $0.10TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: foldsJunk *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [2h 2c]Machootie: folds billye2: folds FLFeline: folds NoJoKe: folds radishly: folds radishly is sitting outEgo Boy: calls $0.05bunny25639: calls $0.05TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: calls $0.03MattNie: raises $0.05 to $0.10Ego Boy: calls $0.05bunny25639: folds thecandle: calls $0.05Don't really want to be paying two to see the flop, but can't fold to one more here.*** FLOP *** [Ts Jc Ah]thecandle: checks MattNie: bets $0.05Ego Boy: calls $0.05thecandle: foldsNo set, I'm out. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [Ts 5d]DUB-T: raises $0.05 to $0.10billye2: folds nightnight: folds contraban: folds bomblade: folds MattNie: folds TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: foldsJunk. I think I was in the BB here. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [7c 4s]gagray1 joins the table at seat #9 bheinima: folds docholiday87: folds bigd7498: folds mcnewlin: folds ThePolarBear: checks Ego Boy: folds thecandle: foldsMore junk. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [9c 8d]MattNie: calls $0.05Machootie: calls $0.05billye2: folds FLFeline: checks NoJoKe: raises $0.05 to $0.10radishly: folds Ego Boy: calls $0.10bunny25639: folds TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: foldsYet more junk. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [5h 5c]thecandle: calls $0.05DUB-T: checks billye2: folds nightnight: folds contraban: calls $0.05bomblade: folds MattNie: calls $0.03TheIguanaNo1: checksWorlds most tight/passive table. *** FLOP *** [5s Ad 3d]MattNie: checks TheIguanaNo1: checks thecandle: bets $0.05DUB-T: folds contraban: folds MattNie: folds TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle said, "wow"thecandle collected $0.27 from potthecandle: doesn't show hand See what I mean?*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [5d 4h]TheIguanaNo1: raises $0.05 to $0.10thecandle: foldsJunk. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [8h Js]thecandle: foldsJunk that looks sort of appealing that I might take a shot with on the button if I was bored. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [Jd 9d]50RK: folds bheinima: calls $0.05docholiday87: folds bigd7498: calls $0.05mcnewlin: folds ThePolarBear joins the table at seat #2 Ego Boy: calls $0.05thecandle: calls $0.03MattNie: checks I like J9s a lot for some reason. I seem to win more than my fair share with it (and made a straight flush with it while I was out in Vegas, but that's another story). Obviously I'm going to complete the SB with it.*** FLOP *** [8h Ah 6d]thecandle: checks MattNie: checks bheinima: checks bigd7498: checks Ego Boy: checks Free card's good for me here.*** TURN *** [8h Ah 6d] [7d]thecandle: bets $0.10MattNie: calls $0.10bheinima: raises $0.10 to $0.20bigd7498: folds Ego Boy: folds thecandle: calls $0.10MattNie: calls $0.10Gutshot and the flush draw, I bet out. Cleans up my outs to Jacks if they're good and is for value if enough people call. The raise obviously doesn't fill me with glee.*** RIVER *** [8h Ah 6d 7d] [2c]thecandle: checks MattNie: checks bheinima: bets $0.10thecandle: folds MattNie: calls $0.10Jack high probably isn't winning this (the turn raiser caught a straigth with 9T)*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [8s 9h]coolmoma leaves the tableMattNie: folds TheIguanaNo1: calls $0.05thecandle: folds Unsuited connectors below QT are crap. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [8d 2s]coolmoma: calls $0.05bomblade: folds MattNie: folds TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: foldsJunk. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [Ad 6h]MattNie: folds 50RK: folds bheinima: folds docholiday87: folds bigd7498: calls $0.05mcnewlin: folds Ego Boy: calls $0.03thecandle: checks Yay for free flops.*** FLOP *** [Ts 9d 4d]Ego Boy: checks thecandle: checks bigd7498: checksYay for free turns. *** TURN *** [Ts 9d 4d] [7s]Ego Boy: checks thecandle: checks bigd7498: bets $0.10Ego Boy: calls $0.10thecandle: folds Boo for people betting!*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [7c 3c]contraban: calls $0.05coolmoma: calls $0.05bomblade: folds MattNie: calls $0.05TheIguanaNo1: raises $0.05 to $0.10thecandle: foldsBut it's sooooooted!!! *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [Tc 8h]thecandle: foldsJunk. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [7d 8s]bunny25639: calls $0.05TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: foldsJunkius maximus. *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [Ah Ks]nightnight: calls $0.05contraban: folds coolmoma: calls $0.05bomblade: folds MattNie: folds TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: raises $0.05 to $0.10billye2: folds nightnight: calls $0.05coolmoma: calls $0.05Yes, raise AKo.*** FLOP *** [9d 2c Qh]thecandle: bets $0.05nightnight: folds coolmoma: folds thecandle collected $0.35 from potthecandle: doesn't show hand People tend to understimate how much fold equity you gain by raising pre-flop with hands like AK and AQ and betting out on uncoordinated flops when you don't hit a pair. That said, it's easy to lose money if you bet them to the river unimproved every time.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [9h Ks]Ego Boy: calls $0.05thecandle: foldsCrap.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [7h 5c]Ego Boy: calls $0.05bunny25639: folds TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: folds Gar barge*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [Ac 9s]DUB-T: calls $0.05billye2: calls $0.05nightnight: folds contraban: folds coolmoma: calls $0.05bomblade: calls $0.05MattNie: calls $0.05TheIguanaNo1: calls $0.03thecandle: checks *** FLOP *** [3s 2c Kd]TheIguanaNo1: checks thecandle: checks DUB-T: checks billye2: checks coolmoma: bets $0.05bomblade: raises $0.05 to $0.10MattNie: folds TheIguanaNo1: folds thecandle: foldsFree flop with A9 in the BB which is a hand that's a huge pain in the ass to play when you hit an ace after an unraised pf. Fortunately, it was an easy fold here.I'm unsure how many hands I played, but it was a lot. I do know I made like $10 somehow even though I felt like I wasn't playing great and was half awake most of the time. I think I probably picked up way more pots than I normally do betting into flops after raising PF with KQ, AJ and the like. Happens sometimes.Anyway, I'm into the three digits now, beeotches! Less than $50 away from moving up into the land of raked pots and losing days!ResultsStarting Bankroll: $92Ending Bankroll: $101.99Playtime: 1000+ hands.Net: $9.99BB/100: dunno. more than I deserved
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Queen seven offsuit is called "the computer hand" no one really seems clear why. An algorithm was executed to rank all of the possible starting hands in Hold 'Em. Queen Seven off suit was determined to be at the exact middle of this ranked list. Of course, this algorithm was run on a computer, hence the name.[/i]

Dealt to thecandle [Jd 4d]  bomblade: folds  MattNie: calls $0.05  TheIguanaNo1: folds  thecandle: folds  But it's sooooooooted!!!  Still sucks.  
LOL, glad your back

An algorithm was executed to rank all of the possible starting hands in Hold 'Em. Queen Seven off suit was determined to be at the exact middle of this ranked list. Of course, this algorithm was run on a computer, hence the name.I realize that's one of the rumors, but no one can seem to identify who ran the simulation or when or whatnot.It's like the grassy knoll of Holdem game theory.

Quick question, if u are already at 300 BB for the next limit, when are u going to move up?Just curious, been wondering that for a little while since u left.Thanks

$9.99 over 1000 hands is .99 per 100. So 9.9 BB per 100 hands. Pretty good job man. Smash, you say you will take 300BB at the NEW level in order to move up? In other words, 600 dollars to move up to 1/2? Or 300BB at the level you were at? In other words 300 dollars?

$9.99 over 1000 hands is .99 per 100. So 9.9 BB per 100 hands. Pretty good job man.Smash, you say you will take 300BB at the NEW level in order to move up? In other words, 600 dollars to move up to 1/2? Or 300BB at the level you were at? In other words 300 dollars?When I get to 300BB for the level up I'll move up. So at $150 I'll move to .25/.50, at $300 I'll move to .50/$1, etc.If I drop to 200BB at any level I'll drop back down to the one before it. so if I get to $150 and go lose $50 I'll frop back down.

I see you really dislike Ax offsuit, and I agree. But it seemed like you were shorthanded or maybe the hand history didn't show all the players. Is there any point at which Ax off becomes playable for you in late position? I like the hand a lot more 4 or 5 handed than 9.

I see you really dislike Ax offsuit, and I agree. But it seemed like you were shorthanded or maybe the hand history didn't show all the players. Is there any point at which Ax off becomes playable for you in late position? I like the hand a lot more 4 or 5 handed than 9.Yes, it becomes much more playable shorthanded. So does everything though :)A9 becomes playable for me around 5 handed. It's still not a great hand in 6-max, but I might see a flop on the button with it there depending on the game.

smash,I waited restlessly by my computer waiting for your pm last week. Never got one and by the looks of it you have already left vegas. Let me know if you are coming down again sometime so we can play as previously intented. laterShit, I forgot completely.I'm an ass.I'll be back out in July almost for certain, maybe sooner. I did play with a couple of drunk UNLV kids Friday night/Saturday morning if that's any consolation.I really meant to PM you man, I'm ussualy pretty good about that stuff, sorry about that.

I second the Excalibur as being a soft room. In part due to Smash's posts I've been expanding my limit play at live poker rooms and been enjoying it. Thanks! Otherwise, I wonder how many of us will be around in Vegas during the WSOP.

Smash, or someone, could you please explain what "fold equity" means?Technically it's the amount of money in the pot represented by the percntage of the time people will fold to your bet. When I use it I mean "the likelyhood some or all of the other players will fold"

hey smash,i see you will usually fire out a bet after missing the flop with pre-flop raise. is this a move you use all the time? i do it in no-limit and it works well but i thought of it as being a little too risky in limit. But by the results you were getting doing it, it seems like a good strategy to follow.tg

hey smash,i see you will usually fire out a bet after missing the flop with pre-flop raise. is this a move you use all the time? i do it in no-limit and it works well but i thought of it as being a little too risky in limit. But by the results you were getting doing it, it seems like a good strategy to follow. Probably about half the time.I don't think it's a good idea to allways or never take a shot at a flop with overcards when you miss after raising PF. I couldn't explain exactly the situations that dictate if I bet or check, but I'm pretty sure I do it about half the time which I think is close to game theory appropriate. I'll sometimes flip a coin if I'm not sure what to do.