stalling in mtts

know what else sucks? When there's a maniac at your table calling all ins with 3rd pair, he raises the 8th straight pot, I push with JJ, and he has KK.Oh, on topic, stalling is the biggest pussy move ever. Anybody who stalls in a tournament should immediately shot and killed on sight.

What sites allow you to stall? From my experience with big tournies, a couple of minutes isn't that big of a deal and is pretty common. Most site allow for 30 seconds before they start the time banks - is there a site that doesn't do this? I find online to have more stringent restrictions against it built in than live tournies.

one of the things I like about full tilt is that there is not nearly, if any, the amount of stalling I've experienced on other sites.They also give you less time to act on your hand, so even if people were stalling it doesn't affect the game as much as it does at other sites.full tilt rocks

one of the things I like about full tilt is that there is not nearly, if any, the amount of stalling I've experienced on other sites.They also give you less time to act on your hand, so even if people were stalling it doesn't affect the game as much as it does at other sites.full tilt rocks
agreed.
agreed.
I do wish there was a time bank like on Pokerstars however, because at times you really do have a hard decision to make, and the amount of time FTP gives you just isn't enough.
agreed.
I second that.

I was in the 350K guarentee on party awhile back.Top 240 paid, I think. About 550-600 people left, this one guy at the table starts stalling. We were table 22 so we knew we wouldnt break the table for a long time. He took the max time each hand and he had an above average stack. The tourny never went hand-for-hand. I made the money but by the time they broke the table my stack was just a weenie one.Will never play that tourny again.

Yeah it happens alot on PP. Some douchebags like to stall to make the next pay group...which usually isn't that much better. Some players will stall back so that the staller (who is usually a short stack) will get hit with the blinds right when they go up.I personally prefer to berate them endlessly. It doesnt do anything, but it is fun.

The MTTs on Pokerroom they go to hand-for-hand every time it's 3 away from a pay increase... so in a large tournament (say 500) it goes to hand-to-hand when there are 63 people left, when there are 43 people left, 23 people left, and 13. It pretty effectively discourages individuals from stalling but it still drives me crazy.

if i called half my stack with a gutshot then i was probably drunk off my ass which is fairly often. i need to get one of those breathalyzers they put in drunk's cars on my computer
lol.. i dont doubt it, you werent typing much, and what you did type didnt make much sense.

i was playin the heads up tourny on stars and my opp. stalled on me till the blinds were really high. he just sat there and waited for his time bank to come in every time it was his turn to act. but hwen i got disconnected he went pretty quick to steal some of my blinds before i got back.

i don't think stalling is tooo bad in some points. 2 that i think is OK, not great but, OK.1. When the table you are playing at is about to break, and you are short stacked, and it is OBVIOUS it will happen, and the blind is 1 or 2 away from you, not a whole orbit away, that would be dumb anyway2. When the blinds are about to go up, (preferably ONLY when already in money like at a final table.) and there is a short stack you can leave crippled cause of the incresased blind amount. Again you need to have a lot of chips since the bigger blind will get you too, and have to be certain it will work or else youre only sacrificing the price of your own hands.otherwise if your stalling to get to hand for hand or increase a pay step its stupid. and more importantly than immoral, its -ev

After being in a few tourneys at PP where stalling is prevalent, I've learned to deal with it by taking advantage of all the people who get impatient b/c of a staller as they proceed to overplay they're top pairs, draws, etc.

this one time I was playing a $3 mtt and was down to the final 25 people before the money, i stalled every hand, because there was no way I was leaving without that that $0.33 profit

Stalling is my favorite tactic to make it to the money. When I play in MTT's, I am always asking myself if I have a big enough stack to stall. All I need is about 5x the bb to make it in most of the time. It is a part of the game guy, which is online poker. Until the fix it, learn to deal with, maybe even do it yourself!JkI hate people that do it. I'd rather get eliminated close to the bubble trying to steal their blinds rather than stall.

i don't think stalling is tooo bad in some points.  2 that i think is OK, not great but, OK.1.  When the table you are playing at is about to break, and you are short stacked, and it is OBVIOUS it will happen, and the blind is 1 or 2 away from you, not a whole orbit away, that would be dumb anyway2.  When the blinds are about to go up, (preferably ONLY when already in money like at a final table.) and there is a short stack you can leave crippled cause of the incresased blind amount.  Again you need to have a lot of chips since the bigger blind will get you too, and have to be certain it will work or else youre only sacrificing the price of your own hands.otherwise if your stalling to get to hand for hand or increase a pay step its  stupid.  and more importantly than immoral, its  -ev
Sorry that is unethical as well. If people are doing this, they should be penalized.

I don't play many MTT, but the I was in an MTT on Empire the other day and when it got down to 34 (30 paid) each table had to wait for the others to finish a hand so that all tables played the same number of hands. I beleive this is standard. I, of course, finished 31st because I'm a douche bag donkey.

Take note of who is stalling, they will give up their blinds with very little resistance before the bubble bursts. Also take note of who isn't stalling and be careful with them. What drives me crazy is when is goes to hand-for-hand and people are STILL stalling. Chat is disabled on pokerstars when it's H4H so you can't even explain their idiocy to them.