where is smash??

Such as KingAustin...Somebody BELIEVING they have general understanding of poker and are decent player...But in reality they are a terrible player and have no clue what they are doing....Still can't comprehend how BELIEF and TRUTH are one in the same....

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such as KingAustin...Somebody BELIEVING they have general understanding of poker and are decent player...But in reality they are a terrible player and have no clue what they are doing....Still can't comprehend how BELIEF and TRUTH are one in the same....
I would like clarification on what that means myself. Exactly how are belief and truth one and the same? ( Whoever said that. )
First of all, God is not just sitting back ignoring you. He wants you to be saved. Why else would he have sent His son? I know what youre talking about though. Ive been exactly where you are at in your life. It's very hard to see God sometimes when you dont know exactly what you're looking for. I cant show Him to you, I can only lend you some help. Try this: instead of asking God to burn a bush or to show up in your closet one night and talk to you...ask Him honestly to be active in your life. He wants a personal relationship with you...he doesnt want to be your crossing guard everyday. Just give it a shot with an honest heart and I'll bet He shows you in some way that he cares. Just be sincere.
Honestly? I have. He hasn't. I'm not trying to be flippant or anything there, that just sums up my experience in a nutshell.Obviously I can't answer the "why he sent his son question" until I believe in God in the first place.It's the whole "...shows you in some way that he cares" that I can't understand. If he has/is showing me this I'm just to stupid to notice. (I did have a small kitchen fire this weekend but I'm pretty sure that wasn't a sign...if it is God owes me a new trivet.) But seriously, that's where I'm at. I have sincerely asked in many different ways over many years and...nothing. I have dear friends that a truly good and decent Christians that have not been able to help me. I can't put my faith in the words of the Bible anymore than I can put it in the Koran. Neither one holds more resonance with me than the other.Thanks for the reply.

man i was a big fan of spademan smasharooo and ron mexicanand still am pretty much ill still keep their awesome words in my sig but cmon guys dont down godlook if it werent for god id be dead right now not joke i still do some drugs but nothing like i did before i found jesus they saved me from the terrible path i was on and i know they exist because i can feel them with me helping me thru any troubles i havejust read the bible you seeGood Luck.

That's not what pokertracker tells me. Nice try though. You might want to watch your words, you might go to hell :!:
I cannot believe I am forced to back something crack user has babbled. Man, that sucks. Good job though cracky, read your bible, hopefully it inspires you too put down the pipe.
We have a huge divide between us on this thread, but I agree...I can't believe you are forced to back Crack User,and it sucks that you do.(Thanks though, even from one who is a severe retard, it's nice to be recognized in your sig Crack)
man i was a big fan of spademan smasharooo and ron mexicanand still am pretty much ill still keep their awesome words in my sig but cmon guys dont down godlook if it werent for god id be dead right now not joke i still do some drugs but nothing like i did before i found jesus they saved me from the terrible path i was on and i know they exist because i can feel them with me helping me thru any troubles i havejust read the bible you see
By not capitalizing God and Jesus, you're downing them and that's bad. (j/k). I really don't think Smash, Spade or Ron are downing God, and I'm not either. Because you can't down some entity you don't believe in.If you believe, if you've seen clue, if that has saved you, great for you. But admit that those who haven't "found Jesus" can have a hard time to believe, based only on second hand account (at best) without any empirical evidence.
Good Luck.
Now you're plagiarizing Smasharoo (capitalized), you golden veal.
(I did have a small kitchen fire this weekend but I'm pretty sure that wasn't a sign...if it is God owes me a new trivet.)
If the fire talked to you, that was Him.
Hmmmm....if it was Him speaking he just wants me to pass on the message "BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...BEEP". I think that was the smoke alarm though.
(I did have a small kitchen fire this weekend but I'm pretty sure that wasn't a sign...if it is God owes me a new trivet.)
If the fire talked to you, that was Him.
Hmmmm....if it was Him speaking he just wants me to pass on the message "BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...BEEP". I think that was the smoke alarm though.
We could found a whole new religion on that...
I really don't think Smash, Spade or Ron are downing God, and I'm not either. Because you can't down some entity you don't believe in.
I point you to my earlier post (way back on page 3 or something). God doesn't exist, but IF by some chance he does, he's a bit of a prick.
I really don't think Smash, Spade or Ron are downing God, and I'm not either. Because you can't down some entity you don't believe in.
I point you to my earlier post (way back on page 3 or something). God doesn't exist, but IF by some chance he does, he's a bit of a prick.
amazing, I just dont see how you could say something like that.
amazing, I just dont see how you could say something like that.
His particular opinion on that matter might have something to do with things such as your biblegod saying he wants the stomachs of pregnant woman cut open and their unborn children dashed upon the ground.Your god, according to your texts, old an new, is a maniac conception.Sorry, but your superstition is absurd.

I think it's extrememly close-minded to dismiss everything just because your eyes havent seen. Are you telling us that you have actually SEEN god with your own two eyes? I doubt that you have, you have probably had one of those experiences that ancient people had when they were unable to explain something scientifically, which thus led them to credit their experience to something that would neatly explain all of their questions. If we are closed-minded for not believing in something that we have seen no proof of, then what does that make one such as you who believes whole-heartedly something that contradicts all scientific reasoning?

I think it's extrememly close-minded to dismiss everything just because your eyes havent seen. Are you telling us that you have actually SEEN god with your own two eyes? I doubt that you have, you have probably had one of those experiences that ancient people had when they were unable to explain something scientifically, which thus led them to credit their experience to something that would neatly explain all of their questions. If we are closed-minded for not believing in something that we have seen no proof of, then what does that make one such as you who believes whole-heartedly something that contradicts all scientific reasoning?
I'm not saying I've seen God, I'm saying that just because you have not seen Him doesnt mean he doesnt exist. And it is close minded to think that just because you havent stood face to face with God that He doesnt exist. Use a little deductive reasoning and quit trying to make believers out as psychos who have these paranormal experiences.
what does that make one such as you who believes whole-heartedly something that contradicts all scientific reasoning?
First of all, scientific reasoning has never, ever been able to explain the origin of man. Try as he may, Darwin's theory was full of holes. Secondly, just because your definition of scientific reasoning may not include God, doesnt mean youre right. How is it so impossible to think that maybe, just maybe, our scientific reasoning is no where near capable of even touching on a supreme being? Man was not made to run tests on God.
I'm not saying I've seen God, I'm saying that just because you have not seen Him doesnt mean he doesnt exist. And it is close minded to think that just because you havent stood face to face with God that He doesnt exist. Use a little deductive reasoning and quit trying to make believers out as psychos who have these paranormal experiences.
Use a little deductive reasoning? How's this for deductive reasoning. You get a male and female of a shit load of species on a boat for 40 (I think that was the number) days and the top of the food chain doesnt go on a rampage and kill a whole bunch of the other animals?Sounds plausible to me :roll: :roll:
Use a little deductive reasoning? How's this for deductive reasoning. You get a male and female of a shit load of species on a boat for 40 (I think that was the number) days and the top of the food chain doesnt go on a rampage and kill a whole bunch of the other animals?Sounds plausible to me :roll: :roll:
Have you ever thought you might be underestimating God's power and over crediting your own knowledge?
Have you ever thought you might be underestimating God's power and over crediting your own knowledge?
Have you ever shoved a thermometer up your ass for fun?You're a complete douche who is totally into blind faith and all you can say is "there isnt proof he doesnt exist!" You should let me kill you since I've heard the afterlife is nice and since I dont believe in hell, we're both good.EDIT: Also, what is the true story of noah's arc? I thought it was 2 of each animal on the same boat for 40 days. How is this over crediting my knowledge?

Try as he may, Darwin's theory was full of holes.Not as many as you might imply. True, there are problems explaining the origin of man, the origin of the earth, etc. Just because we can't explain those events scientifically doesn't mean that we should completely lose our minds and say, "God made it." Even if the direction we are heading in science (in terms of explaining the origin of man via the evolutionary theory by process of natural selection) is completely 100% bogus, I don't see how seeking a scientific answer to the riddle of our existence is less attractive than simply assuming that an all-powerful being just popped out of nowhere and made everything.

I have a feeling that no matter how much evidence could be provided against the existence of God or against the validity of the Bible, a simple reply along the lines of, "Because God is omnipotent." will be the only answer...That or that we are "closed-minded" for choosing not to believe in a ridiculous creation fairy tale.

This doesnt even begin to cover it. Not only did they need two snakes but two snakes of every species. Same with frogs and lizards, et al. If they needed a Southwest Diamond back Rattlesnake it would be hard to get since they didnt know North America existed. Same with Koalas or Kangaroos in Australia. Then consider that everyone on the Earth was supposedly killed in the flood except Noah and his family. So the incest began, again to populate the Earth. Just like the first time when we started with two people. Adam and Eve in case your not following. Who had 3 daughters and 2 sons. So far as I can gather the bible says incest is evil and wrong. Good luck working around that contradiction.
[ Just because we can't explain those events scientifically doesn't mean that we should completely lose our minds and say, "God made it."
And along the same lines, just because you cant explain God doesnt mean you should lose your minds and say "God doesnt exist." I also think it's rather sad that having a discussion like this brings about hatred against other individuals. You're a complete douche who is totally into blind faith and all you can say is "there isnt proof he doesnt exist!" You should let me kill you since I've heard the afterlife is nice and since I dont believe in hell, we're both good. Seriously, who's being the unreasonable one here? I guess youre proud enough of your atheism that its worth saying things like this.
[ Just because we can't explain those events scientifically doesn't mean that we should completely lose our minds and say, "God made it."
And along the same lines, just because you cant explain God doesnt mean you should lose your minds and say "God doesnt exist." I also think it's rather sad that having a discussion like this brings about hatred against other individuals. You're a complete douche who is totally into blind faith and all you can say is "there isnt proof he doesnt exist!" You should let me kill you since I've heard the afterlife is nice and since I dont believe in hell, we're both good. Seriously, who's being the unreasonable one here? I guess youre proud enough of your atheism that its worth saying things like this.
I think it's funny that you take offense. That's why I do it.And along the same lines, just because you cant explain God doesnt mean you should lose your minds and say "God doesnt exist." We cant explain a thing about him. Not a damn thing. Why? Because there is nothing to explain, no god exists. Now if a god did exist, why would he want people to rely on a piece of crap that's full of lies and contradictions (bible). It would be so much simpler to be like "oh, hey guys, ya, I'm here, holla at cho boi if you need somethin'"