what have you bought???

With Opheila lingering offshore, and New Orleans fresh on the mind, I decided to finish my hurricane preparations and took out a grand to purchase a generator. First substantial purchase from my bankroll.Just wondering what other people have bought with their poker winnings?And if your still poppin zits, don't post about tuition and books.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about to withdraw $1000 to buy 2 ounces of gold and several more ounces of silver. Something tells me that inflation-proof currency is going to be the most valuable thing in the US in the very near future.
So is that cave you live in a duplex? or single story?
nice rules...no one under 23....or maybe 26 allowed? lol.
Just didn't want any pimply faced, mac-n-cheese eating, spanking to the avatar, micro limit wannabes telling me bout the $45 they withdrew to buy a chem book.Thats all.
I'm about to withdraw $1000 to buy 2 ounces of gold and several more ounces of silver. Something tells me that inflation-proof currency is going to be the most valuable thing in the US in the very near future.
So is that cave you live in a duplex? or single story?
Actually, I just bought a house...and I'm going enjoy paying off that loan with hyper-inflated dollars.I'm not the guy wearing the sandwich board decrying the end of the world as we know it, but if I'm wrong, I'll have a couple thou in precious metals, if I'm right, I'll have a couple mill in precious metals. The value of PMs sure as hell isn't going down any time soon.
Just didn't want any pimply faced, mac-n-cheese eating, spanking to the avatar, micro limit wannabes telling me bout the $45 they withdrew to buy a chem book.Thats all.
I confess, I do eat mac n cheese from time to time.

a real response:a new poker computer, with 22" monitor.a car.new speakers/stereo/ipod adapter for said car.ipod photo 60gb.refurnished the studio apartment completely.paid off student loans.a big screen tv.new home audio system.as my friend now refers to poker: the money fountain.

I'm a as described, but if you short oil, you'll never have to buy school books.

in the past year i have bought with my poker winnings:Yamaha Motif ES8 synthesizer/sampler Akai MPC2000XL sampler/sequencercustom Nike Air Force Ones, white and green with my DJ name on the tongue3000 used recordsmy wife's engagement ring (shhhh)36 inch Toshiba TVhalf the poker books i own8 White Sox gamesand other assorted food, alcohol, and tobacco related items (and marijuana)poker improves the quality of my life

a real response:a new poker computer, with 22" monitor.a car.new speakers/stereo/ipod adapter for said car.ipod photo 60gb.refurnished the studio apartment completely.paid off student loans.a big screen tv.new home audio system.as my friend now refers to poker: the money fountain.
Not too shabby.My next purchase is a new computer. Hopefully I hit a nice run and I can pay for it in a couple days, lol.Well, actually this weekend I'm getting some new jeans, but that doesn't really count, lol.
Not too shabby.My next purchase is a new computer. Hopefully I hit a nice run and I can pay for it in a couple days, lol.Well, actually this weekend I'm getting some new jeans, but that doesn't really count, lol.
new jeans count (got some of those myself)!the computer is definitely the first thing to get. being able to nine-table without clicking around is super nice, and it'll pay for itself in no time.and oh yeah, i also funded a month-long journey around germany and france. that was pretty sweet.
new jeans count (got some of those myself)!the computer is definitely the first thing to get. being able to nine-table without clicking around is super nice, and it'll pay for itself in no time.and oh yeah, i also funded a month-long journey around germany and france. that was pretty sweet.
What do you play?
What do you play?
10/20 and 25/50 on pokerroom.when i have bad runs, i'll venture into MTTs to blow off some steam; i've won 5 outright, with numerous final tables at the $50+ buyin level.
in the past year i have bought with my poker winnings:Yamaha Motif ES8 synthesizer/sampler Akai MPC2000XL sampler/sequencercustom Nike Air Force Ones, white and green with my DJ name on the tongue3000 used recordsmy wife's engagement ring (shhhh)36 inch Toshiba TVhalf the poker books i own8 White Sox gamesand other assorted food, alcohol, and tobacco related items (and marijuana)poker improves the quality of my life
Your DJ name isn't "Wizzle" is it?
Your DJ name isn't "Wizzle" is it?
lol no, wizzle is one of my screen names on Party Network, it's the one that seems to induce the most action, something about that name just pisses people off. my DJ name is KAZ 1, wizzle comes from one of my homies who shouted me out in a song i produced, in the end he says "kaz wizzle on the beat"
And if your still poppin zits, don't post about tuition and books.
I've bought books and tuition.
Just didn't want any pimply faced, mac-n-cheese eating, spanking to the avatar, micro limit wannabes telling me bout the $45 they withdrew to buy a chem book.
I dont really see how these correlate; I've paid over 10k in college expenses from poker earnings. Plus a payments on a new car and all my food/clothing/etc. for the last 8 months.And fat skiis!
sounds like a community college allstar...
And if your still poppin zits, don't post about tuition and books.
I've bought books and tuition.
Just didn't want any pimply faced, mac-n-cheese eating, spanking to the avatar, micro limit wannabes telling me bout the $45 they withdrew to buy a chem book.
I dont really see how these correlate; I've paid over 10k in college expenses from poker earnings. Plus a payments on a new car and all my food/clothing/etc. for the last 8 months.And fat skiis!
How old are you?. what do you play? where do you play? how long have you played for? how many years have you been in school?