I'm not surprised, the coverage this year sucks. How can you show a 6-8 hour final table in 60 minutes - commercials? Anyone wanna start a Poker Network with me?  :club:
I agree that ESPN's final table coverage leaves some things to be desired. They did not properly represent how impressive Eric Seidel's win was last week at all. But really exactly how would you do it better? Make the shows longer?? That would cut their viewing audience in half at least probably by as much as 75%. The hour format is perfect for everyone but us poker snobs on poker forums.We know the deal, it is best to keep everyone else in the dark. ESPN does the best they can with a difficult situation. Other than stale, lame ex-wife jokes from Norman Chad I am perfectly happy with ESPN's coverage. it is easy to criticize, hard to come up with a better idea.
I know that the majority of people watching love people saying "all in", but I loved watching the turning stone event a few years ago where you could watch every hand.The ex-wife jokes are getting VERY old.But you are right about keeping people in the dark who don't know any better. :-)I also would have liked to see events like Stud H/L, but again you can't go all-in so it won't be shown on TV.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised, the coverage this year sucks. How can you show a 6-8 hour final table in 60 minutes - commercials? Anyone wanna start a Poker Network with me?  :club:
I agree that ESPN's final table coverage leaves some things to be desired. They did not properly represent how impressive Eric Seidel's win was last week at all. But really exactly how would you do it better? Make the shows longer?? That would cut their viewing audience in half at least probably by as much as 75%. The hour format is perfect for everyone but us poker snobs on poker forums.We know the deal, it is best to keep everyone else in the dark. ESPN does the best they can with a difficult situation. Other than stale, lame ex-wife jokes from Norman Chad I am perfectly happy with ESPN's coverage. it is easy to criticize, hard to come up with a better idea.
I know that the majority of people watching love people saying "all in", but I loved watching the turning stone event a few years ago where you could watch every hand.The ex-wife jokes are getting VERY old.But you are right about keeping people in the dark who don't know any better. :-)I also would have liked to see events like Stud H/L, but again you can't go all-in so it won't be shown on TV.
Hey, I agree. Turning stone was great. But it is great for us. Not the majority. ESPN is doing the right thing. We will all know on FCP if ESPN's telecast is misleading.And to be honest I like good poker but.....I enjoy hearing them say all-in too.
the band really does suck.
I'll save the other guy some time and say-"They own you."What a moron, can't you come up with anything else you f'n mouth breather?
Why say anything else when 3 little words gets people so upset that they call me a "mouth breather."

i saw the title of this thread and thought everyone was talking about how 2005 WSOP main event champ Joseph Hachem (sp?) stiffed the dealers by not tipping after his win. apparently his buddy convinced him not to.-EDITED MY DUMBASS TYPO OUT-

i saw the title of this thread and thought everyone was talking about how 2006 WSOP main event champ Joseph Hachem (sp?) stiffed the dealers by not tipping after his win. apparently his buddy convinced him not to.
Wow, he already defended his title? They must have held the 2006 WSOP ME in 2005 right after the 2005 one ended.
i saw the title of this thread and thought everyone was talking about how 2006 WSOP main event champ Joseph Hachem (sp?) stiffed the dealers by not tipping after his win. apparently his buddy convinced him not to.
Wow, he already defended his title? They must have held the 2006 WSOP ME in 2005 right after the 2005 one ended.
damn i guess they do own me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Haha. Just giving you a hard time. Welcome to the boards.
Haha. Just giving you a hard time. Welcome to the boards.
really you mean it? you like me? you really like me? YAY and stufferr yeah
i saw the title of this thread and thought everyone was talking about how 2005 WSOP main event champ Joseph Hachem (sp?) stiffed the dealers by not tipping after his win. apparently his buddy convinced him not to.-EDITED MY DUMBASS TYPO OUT-
Convinced him not to? Did he go back and give a better tip???
Convinced him not to? Did he go back and give a better tip???
umm no his buddy convinced him not to tip. he was goin to but now he risked the wrath of karma.
The girl with the black hair is buckin futt ugly.
(guessing you're talking about my avatar) That's because it's a guy oh andThey own you.
at least the look is original...oh wait it's not ..the lead singer stole his whole deal from robert smith....
the band in your avatar is terrible
No you just suck at life :club:
I'm guessing you like MCR Jason?
Yeah I appreciate good music. Don't be jealous because a guy who wears make-up makes more money than you. I mean green day has been around for a while...
the band in your avatar is terrible
No you just suck at life :D
I'm guessing you like MCR Jason?
Yeah I appreciate good music. Don't be jealous because a guy who wears make-up makes more money than you. I mean green day has been around for a while...
Jason likes them, that's enough...argument over because he ownz you all. :club: Please don't take my "They own you" comments seriously. It's just something I do to get people riled up and it works for some reason.
green day has been around for a while...
And nothing they do is revolutionary.VH1 behind the music sucks.
rumor has it green day is doing an accoustic version of kumbya..... im shivering with anticipation...

yes, doyle's win is being shown for a one hour episode. THey moved the NL final table that was to be filmed when they saw the lineup and didn't want to possibly miss another historic FT win by a legend. THe final table also was loaded with Layne Flack, Doyle, Jason Lester, Scotty Ngyuen, and I forget the other two right now, but it was a real good final table