negreanu open! every tuesday and sunday!!

look guys, we're not getting enough players at the Negreanu open at pokerstars every tuesday (no limit he) and sunday (mixed games). the entry is 10 +1 in the private tourney section, get the password from teknowledge or wrto4556. send them a private message requesting the password.these tournaments are fun, helpful for your game, and theres a leaderboard system, where eventually daniel is gonna get involved and give prize(s) away to the winner(s). did i mention that these tournaments are LOTS OF FUN??!!anyways, i want to see more of you out there. for details, go to the tournament section in the forum. DONT BE A PUSSY! COME OUT AND PLAY AND GET BETTER!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

look guys, we're not getting enough players at the Negreanu open at pokerstars every tuesday (no limit he) and sunday (mixed games). the entry is 10 +1 in the private tourney section, get the password from teknowledge or wrto4556. send them a private message requesting the password.these tournaments are fun, helpful for your game, and theres a leaderboard system, where eventually daniel is gonna get involved and give prize(s) away to the winner(s). did i mention that these tournaments are LOTS OF FUN??!!anyways, i want to see more of you out there. for details, go to the tournament section in the forum. DONT BE A censored! COME OUT AND PLAY AND GET BETTER!!
wouldn't there be more chance of having players, if the password was given in the forum tournament section.... the tourney is for members, so give it out in the member section and don't keep the password such a close gaurded secret...my toughts, maybe i'm missing something.

that was my exact thought, if you didnt guard the password like your sisters virginity, you might have more people playing. If im sitting around on tuesday nite, i might log on and see how many are registered. but im definitely too lazy to start emailing people for passwords and stuff.

well if someone would let me give them some money on empire poker for them giving me some on stars ill play...but got no money on stars and i can't get my neteller to work or firepay THEY SUCK...not really but they say they have to contact ME and they never ****ing call

well if someone would let me give them some money on empire poker for them giving me some on stars ill play...but got no money on stars and i can't get my neteller to work or firepay THEY SUCK...not really but they say they have to contact ME and they never censored call
I'll stake you if you pay back the $11 if you lose and agree to pay 25% of the white meat if you win :D

well dna that is a very tempting offer but like i said the problem isn't i have the money the problem is getting it on the site...if someone has an account on empire i would love to do a little fund's transfer not staking or anything like that... but thanks...i thinkim not going to screw you if that is what you are worried about...i know it's hard to trust someone you don't know but ...well what else can i say

look guys, we're not getting enough players at the Negreanu open at pokerstars every tuesday (no limit he) and sunday (mixed games). the entry is 10 +1 in the private tourney section, get the password from teknowledge or wrto4556. send them a private message requesting the password.these tournaments are fun, helpful for your game, and theres a leaderboard system, where eventually daniel is gonna get involved and give prize(s) away to the winner(s). did i mention that these tournaments are LOTS OF FUN??!!anyways, i want to see more of you out there. for details, go to the tournament section in the forum. DONT BE A censored! COME OUT AND PLAY AND GET BETTER!!
wouldn't there be more chance of having players, if the password was given in the forum tournament section.... the tourney is for members, so give it out in the member section and don't keep the password such a close gaurded secret...my toughts, maybe i'm missing something.
The reason that the password is only available via a PM is because non members can view the boards although they can not post.This system allows only members who are registered to the site to participate. If you follow the tournament section of the forum. All news about the events is posted and easy to keep up to speed with.

I agree, you want more players, make the password available right there. Players will jump around if they are looking for a tourney, and they are going to pick the one that is the easiest to enter.I play at lot on Pokerstars in the Malamoney tourneys, they draw140-160 players...and don't start until 11:55 Eastern! They have at least one tourney every day as well. Now they are the exception as far as # of players goes, but if you start drawing 20 or 30 players pretty soon you will start getting more and more - a lot of players like tourneys but don't like having to possibly tie up 5 hours or more in the ones that have 1000 or more entries - which is most of the $10 and under tourneys. A lot of players seem to like these 100-150 entry tourneys, they are hard to find!We told a lot of players about Malamoney while playing in ring games, S&G's, etc. Just posting a private tourney is really not enough at first - you gotta make people aware of it. If possibly there might be some year-end bonuses, that's an incentive. Malamoney has set up a great web site with standings, money leaders, etc., you can bring up your own record. Not saying you need to do all that...but if you can, having some sort of structure will help insure repeat players.Don't know what time you start, I will check, but despite Malamoney's success in drawing players at that late time, if you start from 9-10 eastern or so that usually gets the most players - not too late for the east cost, not too early for the west. And if you start drawing more than 20 players, watch more and more play. Any less than 18 players many people opt to play a S&G. I think that's why so many tourneys get cancelled.NUMBER 1 though...make your password available right at the screen for your tournament!Anyone interested in checking it out, the web site is malamoney.com by the way. I'm not involved in running it or anything.

private message wrto4556 or teknowledg, it takes maybe 5 seconds, not all that difficult. Just sounds like lots of excuses to me. Maybe people don't want to have their egos bruised.
and it takes only 5 seconds to post password in the tournament section that only members can view...do you not know this?, or am i wrong that the only way to view tournament forum section in to be logged in.the only reason i wrote, is that there are complaints that no enough people are playing...i gave a solution...take it or leave it, but don't do the normal, everyone must be scared routine :roll:

I really don't think Daniel will have any thing to do with this tournament while it is on Poker Stars. He is promoting Poker Mountain pretty heavily and it wouldn't look good to be involved in another site. He may get involved in prizes later but I think he would like to see it on PM.I am not trying to rain on your parade, as I think they organizers of this tourney are doing an admirable job. It shows great spirit to put so much work into something for no monatary gain. I may even come out and play a tourney one day even though I have never played on Stars.

private message wrto4556 or teknowledg, it takes maybe 5 seconds, not all that difficult. Just sounds like lots of excuses to me. Maybe people don't want to have their egos bruised.
and it takes only 5 seconds to post password in the tournament section that only members can view...do you not know this?, or am i wrong that the only way to view tournament forum section in to be logged in.the only reason i wrote, is that there are complaints that no enough people are playing...i gave a solution...take it or leave it, but don't do the normal, everyone must be scared routine :roll:
No routine Sport, just trying to provoke people to play. Don't do the normal I have to defend myself and my actions are so noble routine.Furthermore, everyone on this site needs to stop telling other people what to do and what not to do.
I really don't think Daniel will have any thing to do with this tournament while it is on Poker Stars. He is promoting Poker Mountain pretty heavily and it wouldn't look good to be involved in another site. He may get involved in prizes later but I think he would like to see it on PM.I am not trying to rain on your parade, as I think they organizers of this tourney are doing an admirable job. It shows great spirit to put so much work into something for no monatary gain. I may even come out and play a tourney one day even though I have never played on Stars.
He has already stated just that.

Non-members can view the forum as guests...lurkers I believe is what people call them. The Negreanu Open isn't hurting so bad in entrants, however. Recently we have been getting 75-100 players come play, and 100% came back talking of the fun they had. I have put some "advertisement" in the lobby of the tournament hoping to attract a few more people to the website...I'm sure we would get a few more entrants if we posted the password in the forum, but Tekn0wledg and I are online all the time, especially when the tournaments roll around. PMing doesn't take but a few seconds and we promise a prompt reply.Long story short, getting the password is fast and easy.

If someone will stake me I will pay them 65% of my winnings.65% not a 50/50 split, you get 65miller_b07(I finished first in a partypoker 5 dollar speed tourney when 123 entered just the other day to let you know, it a good risk)names miller_b07 pm me
What's your bank account and routing number and I will deposit the money in thier? How much do you think you will need?

the organizers have decided that they wont post the password in a forum thread because all threads are viewable by all non-members. the idea is to create a community of players who all know each other by discussing things in the forum and getting together for a sort of "home game" experience on the internet. i happen to find the tournaments extremely exciting and am simply encouraging people to give it a go.ALSO TO CLARIFY...... i am NOT involved in organizing these tourneys or working with the forum team in any way. im just a member who keeps up with info relaying some stuff to everyone who reads here. it is correct that Daniel will not be involved with these tourneys at all until they are moved to pokermountain. but until pokermountain gets there tournament section up and running, we cannot move it there.

ok...guess i was wrong. I know that lurkers can view most of the threads, but thought that when you signed in, members had the top 4 threads that lurkers couldn't see...oh well guess i will conform to the current rules :D

the times are tuesdays at 8 eastern and sunday at 2 easternsounds like we should move tuesday's game later to maybe 10pm est, and move sundays game later as well, if would help more of our west coastians play.what do you think wrto, tek?

Last week, Tek and I sent PM's to all the players on the leaderboard reminding them that the password had changed and giving them the new one. So if you play in the Negreanu Open, be sure to tell us your Pstars name and Your FCP name so that we can simply PM you the password a few days ahead of time. NOW THAT'S EASY! All you have to do is check your messages and there will be a message from either TEK or I that has the password in it. I feel like the guy on the infomercial: "Now quit making excuses and pick up the phone."